Fallen Inquisition - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x2)

Fallen Inquisition

About a year ago I realized there were a ton of models that I really liked, but that there was no real way to fit them all together into a fully legal list. So I decided to say 'F it' to keeping the list 100% kosher and WYSIWYG and started collecting all of the models that I thought looked like they really belonged in the 40k universe. I haven't been fully dedicated to this, so I still haven't finished, but these are what I have done after a year of poking at the project off and on (mostly off.)

I'm happy with the painting; it could be better but it looks fantastic on the table. If anyone has any clever ideas for what different models could count as, or army lists that would mostly fit, that would be great. I've probably beaten out most of the ideas by now, but I've probably missed a few things. The list would, of course, either be some flavor of Imperium or Chaos. The Defiler would either be what it is or a Basilisk,; the walkers would probably be Dreadnoughts or Sentinels.

You play your game, I'll play mine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

First off, interesting collection of stuff there, and nicely done. I like the contrast of light and dark colors, and they all do seem to tie in together colorwise. I particularly like the grey knights.

As to what kind of army you could make out of this... Hmm... the one thing that throws it all off is the defiler. I can't imagine any way, fluffwise, that you could include one of those in an imperium army.

The other option is to use the Imperium models as fallen, rogue Guard or something. Still, putting a defiler into it would be a stretch. A list of exactly what you have for models there would be helpful, but I think in the end you may have to leave the defiler out. Yes, it could o**** as a basilisk, but again, explaining its presence in a loyalist guard army would be tough, and frankly the paint scheme on the models looks too "clean" to be a demented, twisted chaos crew.

How much is your heart set on that defiler? I might even consider selling it and buying a guard tank of some kind (a demolisher, maybe?) to make things easier.
    Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x2)

Pretty much everything but the Empire/guard models are sticking around, although the winged model is most certainly not going to be used. As far as what's actually in there, I have a bunch of Space Marines, some Guard (and Empire), the Defiler, a Penitent Engine and Throne of Judgement that have been lightly converted into Sentinels or Dreadnoughts, and some heavy weapon crews. That's what's in the pictures at least.

The army is, hm, calling it a radical Inquisitor army doesn't quite take it far enough. Consider the Inquisitor as 'fallen', perfectly happy to use chaos to meet his/her own ends, but discrete enough about it to not get caught using a giant spider robot. The fluff goes deeper than that, but I'm still trying to decide how I want to present it without sounding like a mentally deficient eight year old. The army -shouldn't- look twisted, it just plain doesn't fit my view.

My main goal is to make the models easy to understand without ending up with an overpowered army. Considering that I'm picking models based on looks, not stats, I -doubt- that I have to worry about this army turning out to be overpowered (even if I end up mixing lists,) but it is something that I'm trying to be aware of. The fewer lists I need to pull from, ideally I'd pull from just a single list, the better. The more obvious the proxies, the better.

I have seriously thought about simply making it a Chaos Space Marine list; it may be the best fit out there, although I'll need to be creative if I want to include my guard (which I am fairly fond of.)
    You play your game, I'll play mine.

+ Reply to Thread