Starting a new Space Wolves army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting a new Space Wolves army

Well a couple of weeks ago I decided to finnaly start a space marine army, and went with Space Wolves...well becasue I think they are the best. I bought the mega force (which I totally regret now) and a 10 pack of marines (also regret as I bought these before I decided apone space wolves, and now wish I bought space wolves guys).

So this is how the box looked yesterday...

And this is how it looks today so far...

And yes I do totally regret putting everything together, as now I will have a hard time painting. But I just can't wait to play . So I will prime these next week and play a couple games before I start painting them.

Last week I started to paint a few guys to see how the colors went, pretty happy how they turned out (not even close to finish but about 60%)

Let me know what you think so far! I think this will take me a good month or two of painting as I still have about 20 guys left to build .

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry about you regretting buying all those things but it cant be that hard to convert normal marines into Space Wolves, I mean, just have a few lunatics without any helmets and mullets and some fangs here and they're and your good ta go.

One question, how come the feet are painted black on the marines? Did you prime the marines with blue then repaint the base black or something?..
    It's been a minute.

Borderlands addict Phoenix Lazarus's Avatar
    There's no place I can be, since I've found Serenity.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    148 (x3)

I rather like the highlighting on the grey/blue 8Y

Agreeing with Pancakes, It shouldn't be too difficult to have the odd Space Wolves conversion dotted around to get the point across.

Overall I really like them. They're nicely built(I myself usually build everything firstand then think about painting them, lol) and you've picked a good chapter

Can't wait to see more! :happy:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They look good so far. I would suggest that you buy space wolf bits because they are really different from normal marines. And I hate to rain on your parade but some of the stuff you have built cant be used in a space wolves army. You should probably get the codex write your list and see what you dont need sell it and get space wolves stuff.

Erik Moraki's Great Company 16/4/7
    Borgut "SBD" GreatStrider's Ogres 6/1/2
    An'Gorath's World Eaters 3/0/2
    Sigurd GreatFang's Wulfen Host 7/4/3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I plan on buying some long fangs and the close combat space wolves and use those extra bits on these guys. And I sprayed them with black undercoat, then use foundation paint, then shadow grey.

And I don't plan on using the razor back or predator in my army, I plan on selling them i think. I hope thats the models you were talking about other wise...damn. Haha I have the codex at my friends house, but I havnt really looked much into it yet. I plan on adding long fangs and 1 or 2 land speeders more so I hope I can add those.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You arent going to be able to use the scouts. Also I wouldnt get long fangs I would stick with the pred. Longfangs arent worth it to expensive.

Erik Moraki's Great Company 16/4/7
    Borgut "SBD" GreatStrider's Ogres 6/1/2
    An'Gorath's World Eaters 3/0/2
    Sigurd GreatFang's Wulfen Host 7/4/3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh yeah, dammit. Aww well I got a couple of old metal scouts that I can use and I can use two snipers.

Yeah I think I will stick with the preditor for a bit and see how that goes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    121 (x2)

And I hate to rain on your parade but some of the stuff you have built cant be used in a space wolves army.
    Everything I see built here is 100% usable in a space wolf army. We are allowed to use up to one pack of scouts with normal space marine weapon options, so no problem there. The Jump pack troops are seldom used, but they are legal as well (and are easily converted into standard blood claws by removing the jump packs.) What else is unusable? The predator, razorback, and dreadnought are all viable.

As far as buying space wolves infantry goes, the only difference in this world between buying Grey Hunters and a normal box of vanilla marines is the space wolf special sprue. As long as you purchase your next few troop boxes as space wolves and then mix these in, no one will ever know. I have close to fifty Grey Hunters and Blood Claws table ready and of those only 50% or so have actual space wolf bits attached to them. If you are really concerned about it you can purchase the space wolves sprue separately here.

It's true that Long Fangs are very expensive for what you get without being able to add in redshirts, but if you like them I wouldn't hesitate to buy a set. They can perform quite well and add tremendously to the look and feel of an army. Though instead of buying the longfangs box which is a hodgepodge of pewter weapons I would go through a bits site and order up specific weapons from the plastic devastator set. Mix in a few wolf bits and you'll have a better looking and more effective squad than you'll get from the Long Fangs box.

If you are not keen on buying the bits, at the very least I would purchase the new plastic marine devs over the Long Fangs as it comes with more weapon options than the long fangs do and is an all plastic set.

On the painting front you are doing a superb job. Your highlighting is very good.

+Rep
    "A word to the wise is infuriating." - Hunter Thompson

Projects: Warhammer 40k: Checkmate & JohnPublic's Board

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey John, thanks for the site and all the extra advice. I ended up ordering the space wolves sprue and can`t wait for it to show up. Because of work and midterms I only have a couple more guys painted up, so I wont post up pics yet. Yesterday I played my first game with my army (and reserves from my friends army). It was a 5000pt game with 2500pt each player on either sides, SM and IG against Eldar and Nids. We got destroyed haha they had about 1800pt left againts our 600pt. Can`t win them all right! And after 7 hours, I was glad it finnaly ended haha.

+ Reply to Thread