Tale of Painters - 40k [1st April Deadline] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

Tale of Painters - 40k [1st April Deadline]

In this thread members who signed up for the 'event' will be required to post each month - on the 1st of the month the following items:

* A picture of 200pts worth of miniatures that they have painted for the month's challenge
    * A picture of the entire army that they have painted thus far.

In addition, members are allowed to post any fluff or list that they have selected to use or comments which they decide to post. They are also allowed to have their own WIP blogs, but still must post the images in this thread.

Just a quick reminder, everyone - If you paint more than 200 points in a month, Kudos to ya. However, for the purposes of this project, please limit your monthly entries to as close to 200 points as you can muster, going a bit over in favor of being a bit under of course.

The following members have chosen to do a 40k army:

The Paint Monkey
    Crimson Fists.

ShadowZora13
    Space Marine Bikes

Jon Quixote
    WH.

king88mob
    W40K
    Eldar

Warmonkey
    Chaos - Black Legion

Cyric the Mad
    Dark Angels

chemicalcaveman
    The Lamenters, Cursed Chapter of the 13th Founding

MrDee
    Black Templars

Zarlok Lyder
    Marines

Best of luck to you all! First deadline is.... 1st April

~Cyric

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1148 (x8)

Right well this month I refuse to leave it to the last minute which this time would be April Fools Day....for the purpose of Tale of Painters I have not included the points cost of venerable dreadnought and tank hunter just so I could include the last few neophytes and get them out of the way, but if that is a problem Cyric let me know and I will retake the photos and leave a couple out.

this month's entry

Dreadnought (twin linked lascannon + missle launcher)
    7 Neophytes

205 points

army so far

Damien
    If you try and fail......TRY HARDER
    CMoN Gallery
    Dee's Paint Filled Hellhole

heretical thoughts? ShadowZora13's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    231 (x4)

I'm going to have to do the same as Mr. Dee here. As I have said earlier, when I jokered out in January for the Feb 1st deadline, I pushed forward my schedule to have my chaplain and 2 bikers done in Feb while I finished my Feb 1 deadline. Well I finished my chaplain a bit faster than I expected, and the 2 bikers that go along with him were done with the bikes I submitted last month, so I'm just gonna post my stuff now. This way I have technically nulled that joker I had to play in January. (Please don't hate us for breaking the rules and painting more than 200 pts in one month).

So this month is-
    1 Chaplain on bike- 132pts
    2 Normal Sm bikers- 68pts
    For a total of exactly 200pts, which brings my army up to 776pts with the attack bikes kitted with multimeltas.

Don't worry about that being so much under 800, which I think it should be, because from now on I think all of my entries are going to be over 200, as my total army comes out to more like 2100-2200 because of my large devastator squad being split in two.

So with out further ado I present my entry:

And the whole are my shot:

"...lest we perish without ever recognizing our peril"
    -Inquisitor Hoth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

In a move that surprises even me, I'm a full two weeks early on this month's entry. Without further ado:

Ravenwing support squadron (1 assault cannon, 1 typhoon missile launcher):

And here's the army so far:

This puts me at 175 for the month, but I'm still a bit ahead (1035 for the project). The next couple of months will probably show me coming in just under 200.

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

743 (x8)

OK- I've finished my model for the month- one vindicator of doom!

Unfortunately my flat got burgled last week and I'm now a bit short a digi-cam. Photos will follow when I can borrow one (which will hopefully be before the 1st). Please don't joker me! Please! I sat up all night to get it done!

Edit: Photos! Here's the vindicator- I've used the sensor array to represent the Power of the Machine Spirit. In the first two it has the PotMS upgrade and in the last it doesn't. The two marines were painted months ago but are really only there to check that the colours are good.

No whole army photo at this stage- I had to take the tank to a friend's house to take the photos and I wasn't up to transporting the whole army!

Last edited by The Paint Monkey; March 30th, 2008 at 10:18.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Here we go...the squad this month is an assualt squad. Its not exactly 200pts but it has been the most detailed squad i've painted so far. Onto pictures.....

And some closer shots.

And here is the shot of the whole army to date for the end of March 2008.

So points wise....

Librarian - 170pts
    Scout Squad- 108pts
    Scout Assualt Squad- 130pts
    Veteran Squad- 340pts
    Devastator Squad-185pts

Total- 933pts

So after five months its not exactly 1000pts but I promise from here on it the other squads are going to be well over the 200pt mark to make up for it.

C&C much appreciated!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

706 (x8)

Well done, my 40k brethren! Glad to see this project still has some legs.

Closed Thread