Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hey everyone. Im back from my holiday and raring to go on my daemon prince. This project log is more of a side log to my main one HERE. Its just going to cover the new incarnation of the mighty daemon prince Asavar Krom.
A 'beautiful' nurgle daemon prince, by Sergey Soms, has given my some great reference points.
Im going out side now to attack the legs with a dremel. Ill take some pictures when some progress has been made.
- Totally repositioning the body so its stood upright and not bent over like some kind of old fuddy duddy.
- Starting again on the left arm, the current one is too fat so its going to be 'a green stuff adventure'.
- Adding a jump pack onto the beast, this will be using some air vents from the predator turret cupola and then green stuffing the rest.
- Building an enormous evisorator from plastic card with battered armour plates so it looks like it is used as a club too.
- Adding a lash of barbed wire to his back with Imperial fist heads threaded in aswell. See HERE. It will be longer and will sit inbetween the turbo boosters of the jump pack on a chain.
- The model will have thorns sprouting from the armour taken from the chaos vehicle accesories spure cut down. These will be mounted on the jump pack and the shoulder pads.
- The base will be 60mm, slanted and have a jutting precepce of concrete and flagstones broken with some Imperial fist helmets too.
Hi. OK, the dremel was not as useful as I had hoped, so I cracked out the hacksaws and here is were he stands so far.
I cut off the feet and the front and the back, both legs at the knees and the hip joint to. I used the dremel to file away some details too.
Im going to make the plastic card chainsaw today and hopefully greenstuff the legs.
He is going to be sick!!! That base is sexy! If you need any bits mate my bits box is your bits box.
Heres the progress so far.
Filled the gaps on the model, made the feet again and added a wire to the left thigh to hide the ugly scar from the dremel.
Here is the VERY rough start of the evisarator.
Ive got the entire engine block to work on today, then im going to neaten all the edges up with green and brown milliput and add teeth and buckuled outercasings to the beast. I want a pull chain thing to start the motor too.
This is shaping up to be a really good, Dan. I like the base and the pose is looking quite good. One question though, what exactly have you used to create that little bit of land? Milliput covered with sand perhaps?
Look forward to more.
Thats gonna be sick, can't wait to see it on sunday bud
Back in the zone!
What Ive done (no pictures yet! ) is I've lent the torso forwards more, its created a gap in the back (which has been filled with another exsposed vertibrae) but it gives the model a much more balanced posture.
The raised land is actually plastacine (the stuff you played with as a kid that always went brown and manky) covered in superglue to harden it, then its coated in sand. You could quiet easily produce the same result using blue tac or other malable products. I didnt use green stuff as its sooo expensive! The good thing about using plastacine is, the superglue makes it hard but its easy to puncture, theres an effluent pipe poking out the front and all i did was push it in and it sat in there nice and easy.
I cant wait to get more work done on him.
OK, Im at my girlfriends at the moment and so unfortunately i cant give you any picture updates. So progress....
Im unsure whether I should have one of his horns broken or not. Thoughts?
- Ive finshed of the legs so they are now completely done.
- Ive lent the body forwards further on the hips to give him a better, more realistic pose.
- Ive added vents and a skull to the chest, wear the black legion symbol normally is and Ive given him a vent in brown milliput, were his abdomen cables are normally.
- Ive gluded the head on and, again using brown miliput, added a mouth and nose mask. It starts at his ears and covers his entire lower head and points into a spike over his nose. There are also three slits in it to breathe/shout/slobber through.
- Ive now neatened the edges of the evisarator with green stuff and added teeth to it. I will be working up the engine section next.
I will take som pictures tomorrow and hope (dont count on it) to get some pictures up tomorrow. Otherwise it will be sunday.
Thank you for your support guys, its great to know people are enjoying my work as much as Im enjoying producing it.
Greenstuff a metal sheath over the middle of one of his horns, so it suggests that the horn was broken and then was repaired. It'd look pretty cool.Im unsure whether I should have one of his horns broken or not. Thoughts?
The Emperor set a fire in their hearts that they might burn the iniquitous and the impure from his sight. And the light of that flame shall be as a beacon to the faithful, a light that shines in the darkest places.