Time to Finish Painting My 40k Collection - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x1)

Time to Finish Painting My 40k Collection

Ok, this thread is a continuation of my WIP summer painting spree but since i've thus learned how to insert pics instead of the links, i thought it would be best to start fresh in a new thread. Right now i have in 40k:

Blood Angels- ~4000 pts
    Tyranids- ~2000 pts
    Eldar- ~1000 pts
    and some random blood letters and necrons

at the moment all of my blood angels are painted and the eldar were all painted until i bought banshees (they looked too cool so i had to get them ). My tyranids were my first army so they have terrible paint jobs so i'm redoing all of them with brown gravel bases and painting any unpainted ones kraken (the older ones had black and white cause i didn't know what to paint them so i copied my friend's black templars)

tommorrow i'll have a banshee up but today i have a converted tactical marine. i needed another marine to fill out my 9 man tactical squad so i went through my bitz box and came up with a marine with bolter and he has hunter killer missiles for legs
    heres the pics and any C & C is welcome:

enjoy

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Well, he looks reasonable, but I have to ask...

Why does he have hunter killer missiles for legs? Just for Bionics or something?

Also, there seems to be a rather nasty mould line on the Marine's left arm. Which might not be worth fixing now that he's painted.
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

70 (x1)

Well i needed something that was straight and the only bitz i had were the missiles. and yes the mold line needs to go away but i had thought they were cleaned until i had him half done and i noticed it.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Ah. Truly the worst time to notice you've missed a mould line.

It's not fun having to work back up from bare metal when the rest of your model is already half painted! Recently had the fun of doing it myself...
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

70 (x1)

Alright another update.

i've finished another banshee and bloodletter. only two more of each (including the banner bearer for the daemons) to finish the units.

i've also painted one of my friend's grey knights and i tried out washing the metal blue to make it shiny and magically charged so tell me what you think.

Grey Knight:

Bloodletter:

Banshee and Unit:

Enjoy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why a random bloodletter? Have they joined the Blood Angels? Oh no! Looks like I must get my chaos army to destroy you. Anyway, save them hunter killer missiles for a tank and not a marine because the enemy can hit the trigger and his legs would explode.

Anyway, okay painting. 7/10. Good luck on everything..............

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

470 (x8)

I like the effect on the Banshee swords. Any chance of getting a better look at one of those?

The Grey Knight... I can't really see the effect of the wash, except in one or two places. Is the blue wash more obvious when looking at the model in real life?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

70 (x1)

i'll try to get some better pics of the swords later today. the banshees get either an ice blue or enchanted blue wash and then an extreme highlight of mithril silver.

the grey knight's wash is very noticeable in real life so i don't know why it didn't show up.
    i'm planning to do the bloodletter banner today and maybe the final banshee and hopefully the last bloodletter tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

70 (x1)

Ok an update.
    i've put together a plastic devastator with a heavy bolter to replace my old metal one and i used some extra biker legs to make a sergeant. Along with this i have another banshee and the bloodletter banner bearer done leaving just one banshee and bloodletter to do. After that all i have in my nids to fix up and paint fresh. On friday i'm gonna be doing an iron painter with my friend's in an attempt to paint our masses of models so expect lots of pics.

I'll have pics of the devastator tomorrow along with a list of what to do.

Sergeant: (he's gonna replace my old metal one)

Banshee:

Bloodletter:

Last edited by xhivetyrantx; July 9th, 2008 at 01:04. Reason: fix some code

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

470 (x8)

That banner looks pretty neat. Does the blood come already on there, or have you modelled that on?

Have fun with Iron Painters!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast