Tale of Painters, 1st Company - Fantasy [1st August Deadline] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

Tale of Painters, 1st Company - Fantasy [1st August Deadline]

In this thread members who signed up for the 'event' will be required to post each month - on the 1st of the month the following items:

* A picture of 200pts worth of miniatures that they have painted for the month's challenge
    * A picture of the entire army that they have painted thus far.

In addition, members are allowed to post any fluff or list that they have selected to use or comments which they decide to post. They are also allowed to have their own WIP blogs, but still must post the images in this thread.

Just a quick reminder, everyone - If you paint more than 200 points in a month, Kudos to ya. However, for the purposes of this project, please limit your monthly entries to as close to 200 points as you can muster, going a bit over in favor of being a bit under of course.

The following members have chosen to do a fantasy army:

XbanditsX

Fantasy
    Wood Elves

Tekore
    Warhammer Fantasy
    Bretonnia

Deadstar_MRC
    Warhammer Fantasy
    Vampire Counts (Lahmia)

maraschino
    Warhammer Fantasy
    Wood Elves

Walex
    WFB
    Beasts of Chaos

Best of luck to you all! First deadline is.... 1st August

~Cyric

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    397 (x6)

5 Wild Riders 191
    +standard bearer
    +Wild Hunter
    +War Banner

I don't have an army shot, but I do have a photo of what's left for the army.

The Waywatcher Noble will count as the 6th member of the unit. I anticipate these models taking a lot longer than most everything else, so I may end up using a a joker to get them done right.
    General Project Log Things I Paint
    Seeing Red A Khador Log
    Stuck Between Stations My Blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by xbanditsx View Post
    The Waywatcher Noble will count as the 6th member of the unit. I anticipate these models taking a lot longer than most everything else, so I may end up using a a joker to get them done right.
    I don't think anyone can blame you for that. Those Waywatcher figures have crazy detail. It's like painting a unit of characters.

Excellent work. Looking forward to seeing the rest.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Joker...

So, I'm not going to make it this month. I've been attempting to paint up some grave guard (only 10 of them) but at present I'm only half way through the unit.

I blame our bathroom. It was recently re-tiled, so for a week we didn't have a shower or a toilet. I ended up spending most of my nights going to someone else's place to use their shower, and got no painting done for a week.

Then I spent most of next week packing for a weekend away, which didn't help matters.

So, because I have no models to show you, I'll give you a look at the dastardly renovations that kept me from painting.
    (The shot on the left is what was a toilet, the right shows the work on the shower)
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Deadstar_MRC; July 31st, 2008 at 01:56.
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

This month's entries:

Obviously as I've gone along this year with a Bretonnian army my list has changed pretty significantly. The big thing is I field a real Lord instead of a Prophetess now, so we'll knock her down to a Damsel and replace her with this Lord, which I painted two versions of...I'm only counting it as 200 points, as I wouldn't use both Lord models in my army at once, most days.

So, one Bretonnian Lord (two versions) at ~210 points:

And the entire army here and now:

One more entry to go for the army that I want on the field. Looking forward to next month.

Tekore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x2)

For this month I've got a pair of ogres and a troll- about 150 I think.

I've only got two minotaurs left of my big things and no sound idea of points but another giant might just be within my means/points.
    Up, up and away!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x1)

argh waywatchers!

im still painting mine lol they are nice but have a lot of detail! nightmare!

anyway i have 2 wildrider nobles, ones painted with blue spear (Spear of Twilight seen previously) and this one is Dawn Spear

157pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

706 (x8)

Nice work, sirs.

Tekore, PM me when you get a chance about your list. According to my records, you've hit 2,000 already.

Closed Thread