Hall of Fame - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hall of Fame

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Hall of Fame

So how do people feel about cataloging some of the best painting project threads out there? We can suggest them here and create a stickied index of the ones that are outstanding. Of course, this could mean that some people might be disappointed for not being included.

Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    262 (x7)

It's a very good idea, maybe just do it via a vote so noone can really be disappointed at being left out.
    Miss Spam Master 2009
    The Briny Series: Urban War Beginnings | Cygnar
    Thrallstudios

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Pickle View Post
    It's a very good idea, maybe just do it via a vote so noone can really be disappointed at being left out.
    How will that not disappoint people?

I think a better system would be a "panel" of "judges" who go through and select the best/most popular/etc., and that's that. A series of voting could take a very long time.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

For now, let's just get some threads nominated and worry about selection later. There are many pages of posts to search and memories to prod. Let's see what comes up first.

Level 20 Alpharius Handbag of Joy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by swntzu
    What's volition? Sounds like an STI.

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1329 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidVC04 View Post
    So how do people feel about cataloging some of the best painting project threads out there? We can suggest them here and create a stickied index of the ones that are outstanding. Of course, this could mean that some people might be disappointed for not being included.
    Does the thread ratings not already do this in a way? It highlights the threads that are deemed outstanding by those that can be bothered to vote.

Dan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

What about

What about some more detailed criteria.

Arw we looking for Golden Daemon quality stuff? Or perhaps threads which make for great reading like Cyrics DA thread which is still ongoing? Alternatively are we looking for threads which do a lot to help you improve your own painting? Are crazy, full of conversions, or a combination of the above.

I think you may end up with a real pile of threads if you don't narrow things just a little more. Then again, that's just my opinion and I am frequently disagreed with.

I also think that the legendary list of projects should be something for people to aspire to, so making it quite exclusive would be a good idea. I for one don't mind being left out if I can work at being included in the prestigous ranks on some future sunny occasion!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by danjones87 View Post
    It highlights the threads that are deemed outstanding by those that can be bothered to vote.

Dan
    Exactly, and how many people vote? Besides some of those eventually drift to back pages never to be seen again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

And this would be a sticky right? So that threads old and new will be collectected permanently for our colective enjoyment?

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

David - Good idea, there are a load of good threads on here which might help people with painting and such. As to chosing which threads? There is no real way that people won't be upset about not having their thread highlighted for others viewing.

Zarahemna - It will be a pinned thread, with links to all the chosen threads.

Kuffy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast