Tale of Painters - Second Round Warmonkey's Black Legion CSM - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    85 (x1)

Tale of Painters - Second Round Warmonkey's Black Legion CSM

Well my first project thread failed, but I managed to finish the first round of the Tale of Painters - I even got a shiny award! Overall, the experience was great and I have around 2250 pts of Chaos Space Marines painted to show for it. I had one friend give me weird looks whenever I brought TOP up, but hey, I have a whole painted army and he doesn't. Which leads me to round 2 of TOP.

Units for TOP 2:
    1 Chaos Slaneesh Sorcerer
    1 Chaos Terminator Lord
    1 Baneblade (fully magnetized to be able to take advantage of all the options)
    1 CSM Terminator Squad

My plan for round 2:
    My next 1000 points of CSM will take me to the apocalypse scale of things. So to celebrate this, I need to paint my Baneblade!

To be able to get my Baneblade done in a "month" I plan on doing the two HQ units right off the bat, to pad the next two months, taking my joker if need be. I want to take my time on the Baneblade and do it right, as it is one of the most expensive models I own. I have the sorcerer completed and the lord is assembled and ready to be primed. So when I get the Lord finished, I should have Novembers and Decembers entries in the bag and if I need to take the joker I will have until February 15th to finish the Baneblade.

First Up - Chaos Sorceror

I'm pretty happy with how he turned out and he stands out from the rest of the troops. He was a fun model to put together and fun to paint as well. I still hate painting white but think he turned out pretty good.

Total Army:

I'll try to keep things posted somewhat regularly, if only to post finished pictures.

Thanks!
    Warmonkey

Generic Minis - My Blog

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

What conversion work do you plan to do on the fellblade? Will it have chaos marine crew or renagade guard?

Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

85 (x1)

I'm not entirely sure what I'm going to do with it. If I add any guys to the vehicle, I'm pretty sure they will be CSM.

I just know I want to be able to change its weapon configurations with magnets.

I just opened the box last night!
    Generic Minis - My Blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

85 (x1)

An Update!

Well I've started on my Chaos Lord in Terminator Armor. My thought was that doing a couple of characters would be easy and give me a good buffer of time to work on my Baneblade later, which I want to have lots of time to do right. So far so good, the first month isn't even over and I'm finished with the sorc and working on the next months entry.

This one is a little more complicated.

I'm an options freak and hate having to settle on one kind of setup for my squads. I put this guy together a long time ago, one of the first ones I did, and magnetized the different arms and even the shoulder pads to swap them out. A couple of the arms don't work super great with the shoulder pads, but most of them do.

Here he is primed.

With the gold and silver based.

Cloak fur done.

Red based on the cloak and bolter and skulls/horns done.

Next, I'm hoping to make his eyes glow read and need to do some research on that. Other work to do will be to hardline the armor and maybe highlight the gold and silver. Cloak needs to be layered as well.

So far so good!
    Generic Minis - My Blog

+ Reply to Thread