Team Shroom Tale of Painters - Round Two - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x8)

Team Shroom Tale of Painters - Round Two

Start of event: Tuesday 14th Oct
    First deadline: Tuesday 11th Nov
    Second deadline: Sunday 18th Nov

Links to previous rounds:
    Round One - http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...rst-round.html (Team Shroom Tale of Painters - First Round)

Current monthly 400 point task lists
    Tyler:
    -Warboss, with PK, Bosspole, Cybork Body

-Biker nob, with PK, Bosspole

-14 Lootas

-Big Mek, Bosspole

(Must also complete round ones list to avoid a -1 penalty for playing with unfinished models.)

Alan:
    10 Chaos Space Marines

2 Obliterators

(Must also complete round ones list to avoid a -1 penalty for playing with unfinished models.)

Darren:
    -10 Pathfinders

-Shining spears
    exarch
    starlance
    withdraw

Shaun:
    -Lord/ Terminator Armour. Daemon Weapon, Combi Melta

-7 CSM/ one with melta gun

-Vindicator

Phil:
    -Chaplain - Meltabombs

-10xMarines - Plasma Gun, Lascannon

-Whirlwind

John

Current league table
    1. Shaun -5
    2. Phil -5
    3. Darren -0
    4. Tyler -0
    5. Alan -0
    6. John -0

----
    With the first round finally over and as the second looms, over half the players have still to remove themselves from zero and they will find themselves needing to play a harder game of catch up against both Phil and Shaun who sit joint top of the table with 5 points each after some fantasic work on their armies.

This round will see the start of the gaming side of things, where not only will the players receive points for meeting their deadlines, but they will get points for gaming against the over players taking part. And with 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss, its not something to just ignore.
    But, since that makes the total number of points up for grab, 8, (As well as a chance to put a rival down some points!) I think we'll see everyone having a good crack at this round.

Good luck to all the players for round two!

End of round games:

Darren (Eldar) vs Alan (Chaos)

Shaun (Chaos) vs Phil (Dark Angels)

Tyler (Orks) vs John (Tau)

Last edited by Toastee; October 14th, 2008 at 19:26.
    Want to chat? You can normally find me in the LO CHAT!
    LO CHAT! JOIN US NOW AND BECOME A GOD OF BACON.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rigggghhhhhhhtttttt!

so0 bollox to round one... utter failure on my part... but it seem's my cloudy days are finally clearing and now i can crack on. Big time

My list for this month is as follows

Pathfinders x 10 240pts

Shining spears
    exarch
    starlance
    withdraw 147pts

grand total of 387pts. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x8)

Fox Blog 7

We'z Orkz aint beat!

So with a somewhat bad first round to my belt (and with a lot of it still to paint) I have to insure that this round at least gives me something. Again, with the amount of models I am looking at, I figure that looking toward the second deadline is probably the more logical option.. though I will be gunning for the 5 points, its just not likely.

That said, I don't want to pick up a -1 point loss for playing with unfinished models.

This round I am looking at:
    Warboss, with PK, Bosspole, Cybork Body

Biker nob, with PK, Bosspole

14 Lootas

Big Mek, Bosspole

With hits 400 on the dot
    Want to chat? You can normally find me in the LO CHAT!
    LO CHAT! JOIN US NOW AND BECOME A GOD OF BACON.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

We're STILL coming for you!

Right, enoguh procrastination on my part, since WAR's 1 month free runs out this month I can only force myself to get on with my Night Lords.

And I have. Got on with an Obliterator today, after a quick nail varnish remover bath and some weapon augmentations, 1 obliterator stands ready to bring energy based death to my opponent. I plan on getting the other one built tommorow and then doing the blues on them both, bringing them up to the same poitn as the last 5 marines and the Lord I was working on last month.

The list!

10 Marines
    1 Aspiring Champion, Power Weapon
    2 Plasma Guns
    Icon of Chaos Glory

2 Obliterators

Which comes in at 370 points. If I get round to it, I might paint up a Thousand Son to fill in that little point gap.
    Oh, and the rest of what I had to paint last month needs done too. Easy.

Ave Dominus Nox
    Martox

Senior Member Librarian Zahariel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

Rust anyone?

Well month two is progressing well, plenty of painting and ripping bits of Lemartes going on (much to the annoyance of my wife)! I obtained a whirlwind (for free, kudos to scarred for being a jolly nice chap!) who got it from another lad and it was built slightly bad, gaps aplenty!
    So here's me thinking, green stuff, never really used it before how hard could it be to fill a few gaps etc? Well as it turns out for me pretty hard, so after spraying it and painting it up a bit i've decided to turn those bumpy bits into rust patches (how original eh?) to hide my mess!
    So main reason for the post, anyone got any ideas on how to do a nice rust effect onto a bleached bone and a DA green paint job? Answers on a postcard if you please!

End Transmission

Zahariel

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Librarian Zahariel View Post
    So main reason for the post, anyone got any ideas on how to do a nice rust effect onto a bleached bone and a DA green paint job? Answers on a postcard if you please!
    You could just file it down or scrape it flat with a knife.

Ive just posted a tutorial HERE but I guess you dont have MIG Pigs lying around in your house.

HERE is another thread requesting help for rust effects, there are quiet a few good ideas in there, more importantly they contain GW products which the majority of people will have easy access to.

Good luck

Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

Well month 2 well under way here. Been for a bit of a paintin session at scarreds tonight and have finished off my Chaplain and whirlwind. Which only leaves me 10 marines left to do for this month!
    Here's a few pics of the chaplain, whirlywind pics tomorrow after work, promise.
    c+c/tips/pointers much aprreciated
    Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Post reserved for any progress made tommorow.

Best fill this space with something plausible...

Erm.

Yeah.

Anyway. Good Chaplain mate, good work for your first real hand at conversion work. Least I think it's your first. Can't remember.

Yeah. Progress tommorow. Oblits are built, shall spray and get the blues on them tommorow, bringing the oblits to the same point as the remnants of last month.

-EDIT-
    As promised. Progress. For some reason the photos are brighter than the actual result, so the highlights aren't as stark as what you see here. Either way.

Last edited by Martox; October 23rd, 2008 at 22:32.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

Yes that's my first real conversion with green stuff and to be honest I hate usin GS! Didn't think it'd be that annoying to use, but considering this model used to be chaplain Lemartes I don't think it turned out too bad!

Thanks for the feedback Martox, hoping to see your oblits with conversion and painted, get on with it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Martox View Post
    Post reserved for any progress made tommorow.

-EDIT-
    As promised. Progress. For some reason the photos are brighter than the actual result, so the highlights aren't as stark as what you see here. Either way.
    Looking very impressive, I like the highlights very dramatic looking. Worth the wait.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast