Nurgle Warriors of Chaos Army WIP - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x1)

Nurgle Warriors of Chaos Army WIP

I'm just switching over threads because my last one got a little... chaotic... near the end.
    I'll try and keep this more concise with just 'finished' models or ones I need help with.

Here's my 1000pts. army list I'm planning on using in ToP.

255 - Exalted Champion (Mark of Nurgle, Daemonic Mount, Rending 'Sword', Stream of Corruption, Bronze armor of Zhrakk, Favour of the Gods, Shield)

299 - 12 Warriors of Chaos
    (Mark of Nurgle, Full command, Shields, Additional Hand Weapons, Banner of Rage)

130 - 5 Marauder Horsemen (Mark of Slaanesh, Flails, Full command, Light armor, throwing axes)

300 - 5 Knights of Chaos (Mark of Nurgle, Full command, Festering Shroud)

---------------
    ---------------

Completed

In progress
    Not started

Next up, either warriors of chaos or chaos knights (depends on when I get time to paint again, midterms for the next 2 weeks).
    thoughts/criticisms welcome.
    cheers,

Last edited by darcchipmunk; December 19th, 2008 at 03:11. Reason: Got my hand on the new armies book

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Looks good. I'll subscribe, though I'll have to offer comments and criticims at a later date.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    140 (x3)

I like the horse!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

Pretty good looking so far. Consider me subscribed!

Tekore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

82 (x1)

So in my excitement of repainting his base (making it a dark brown with a white drybrush over) and the crow on the sign, I accidently smacked the lord half way across my table reaching for a brush.
    Luckily, only his weapon arm broke off, so I'm regluing that. Then probably later this week I'll touch up the paint (have class till 10pm tomorrow and a couple midterms, so can't do much tomorrow) and finish his base. Then he'll be done.

If anyone has any advice on how to do writting (on the sign post) well, and how to make a cool puddle (prefereably like a brownish green one) that'd be wikkid. Otherwise I'll post more midweek.
    cheers,

*edit*
    I actually worked on him a bit as a break (like maybe a 1/2 hour more). The arm isn't solid yet, but it's holding. I'll leave him for a good while not to let it hold.
    In the meantime though I finished his base and touched up the paint. So all that is left is the writting on the sign, glossing the puddle and the glue to dry. Here are some shots.

Champion with his base and unglossed puddle

And one of the sign without writting

Thoughts/criticisms welcome.
    cheers,
    Last edited by darcchipmunk; October 19th, 2008 at 23:51.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

That's one of my favorite models. I don't play Chaos at all for Fantasy, but I've always wanted to pick this Nurgle Sorcerer up just to paint him.

And you did a bang up job. The pale horse is really nicely done. Very smooth colors, and enough grittiness for a good Nurgle horse.

I'll look forward to checking this thread out when you've got more stuff done.

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

I like it, in general, but I have a few observations. The horse, to my mind isn't nurgled enough. It looks much to clean and bright. Personally I would give it a few more washes with browns and green, to dirty it up. Same goes with the skulls on the bridle. I do how ever really like your armour, looks rather good and rusted.

Kuffy

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1329 (x8)

I agree with Kuffeh, the horse looks to clean. Also the hair on the horse looks odd against such a pale skin, perhaps toning it down might help with the overall effect.

The ravens beak and claws are good, in general, the base is really nice.

Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

82 (x1)

Great criticism guys. reps all around

I didn't even consider it didn't look 'nurgle' enough . I'll have to relook at the horse a bit. The only thing about the horse is that I kinda like it, and I want it to stand out in my 'soon to be' army. All the other horses (unit of knights and marauder horsemen) were going to have darker, and in the case of the knights, more plague-ridden horses. This way, the lords almost white horse (I was going on the idea it used to be a noble white horse... and now its kinda dead-er) will really jump out. But like I said, I'll relook at it, I don't want him to stand out cause he's not nurgle enough.

I definetly agree about the skulls on the bridle. Wasn't very happy with them when I had finished them (especially didn't like their hair). I'll probably go back over them later this week.

For my next unit (probably knights), I was going to do their armour in a more opaque form (so non-metallic). Would this look silly next to the lords? I mean, I'd add a little metallic for rusting and such, but it was going to be green armor. Maybe when I finally get the knights (damn Nov 1, come faster) I'll do a test one of each and see how it goes.

Here is a shot of the finished puddle. I had no idea how to do proper gloss, so I used plastic model glue.

cheers,
    Black Templar (W/D/L): 4/6/2
    Dark Eldar (W/D/L): 4/1/0
    Warriors of Chaos (W/D/L): 3/0/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

82 (x1)

Alright, so I've been working on redoing my marauders, trying to avoid finishing my Land Raider Crusader while I wait for Nov 1st.

Here's a shot of one I fixed up. Took me about 30 minutes. Next to it is one of the old ones. So it gives you a little bit of an idea about what I actually changed.

cheers,
    Black Templar (W/D/L): 4/6/2
    Dark Eldar (W/D/L): 4/1/0
    Warriors of Chaos (W/D/L): 3/0/1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast