Salamander Successor chapter WIP - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

Salamander Successor chapter WIP

This is my salamanders in progress army being painted (which most of you already guessed) and while some of it is dark angels (ok a fair bit if you look closely) i am mixing almsot everything into this army, including ultramarines, blood angels dark angels and even some templars once i finish converting them

and without further addoo..the pics befroe i am garroted

Trooper standard scheme--------------------------------------------Sargent/veteran colour scheme

some sword angels with white wrist cuffs are vets of the Kildota campaign (part of my fluff)

in the middle of converting the symbol on his chest, this will be a captain with jump pack when finished

ps no death thrats for butchering siccarius please

One of the vets who will lead my tactical squads or a part of my command squad

another vet/sarge most likely be part of a command squad or a 5man tac squad for baby sitting

test terminator and apowerfist stormshield sargent (counts as anyway ftm)

2 of my assault marines (rare in my armies so i make them more detailed than normal...also helps to draw fire towards them)

another 2 assault marines

assault squad sargent, complete with kill scroll for notable kills (all are actual kills from games played

devastator sargent with slight camera mishap (may equip your sargent witha light sabre for 15pts, treat as master crafted power weapon hits on 2+ wounds on 2+ all misses and failed to wound rolls may be rerolled, rolls 3d6 for armour penetration, gives 3+ Invulnerable save lol I wish)

missile and multi melta hevy weapons (i LOVE heavy weapons, i usualyl give all my tac squads a plasma gun and multi melta for objective holding teams and melta and multi melta for kill team units)

plasma cannon- because it works. my favourite heavy weapon is the plasma cannon, folloowed by multi melta. heavy bolters are great cheap weapons

standard bearer, work continues on this- jsut need a design to put on now, sugestions? the central theme of my iconography is a sword pointing straight down. also included sometimes are wings and the omega symbol.

powerfist sargent on bike

another sargent on bike but with powersword

another view

so far thats all i have pics of

currently working on the first FULL tactical squad - 1 sargent with bp and powersword, 1 plasma gun. 1 multi melta 7 bolter troops and a rhino transport.

so far my fluff is bassed on games i have played with my army in the past to create its history and grudges alliances etc.

see the Sword Angels post in the fluff for more details ->http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1278697 (Sword Angels chapter Fluff)

I got lost on the road of life

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Borderlands addict Phoenix Lazarus's Avatar
    There's no place I can be, since I've found Serenity.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    148 (x3)

Those are looking pretty good.

Don't worry about Sicarius, I butchered him too

You have a good selection of ideas which I think you are applying to your models well. I will look forward to seeing more

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look real good! Just wondering what site you created your space marine sample pictures on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is what i was talking about

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

This thread has being moved to the paint "projects" forum, rather than the modelling forum. Please take note before posting threads in forums.

Kuffy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

There goes Kuffy

There goes Kuffy, always spoiling people's fun by being so darn right all the time!

I'm quite impressed. You seem to have churned out a decent number of these guys. What green have you used?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

snot green is the base colour, tiny tiny amounts of dark angels and scorpion green used on the edges, to darken or lighten it, gives a very very minor effect but it works by bing so subtle

sorry flame beard though i had put it in the paint section, apologies

got nearly 2 full tactical squads done up that way now and a selection of commanders and sargents and special wepon leaders

Dear All Concerned... yourtimehascome's Avatar
    I am everywhere and nowhere, sometimes at the same time.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    45 (x1)

Dear All Concerned,

Wow! Very interesting concept you have going on here! Tips on painting:

I would say to pay closer attention to detail and thin your paints.

You have some touch up work to do on your marines (for example, eyes, small symbols)

But I do like the idea and paint scheme. Can't wait to see more!

-ythc
    Fluff Master

You are not your avatar. You are not your knowledge of the rules or your last article. You are not your post count. You are not your rep. You are not your title. You are not your blog. You are not your painting or modeling skills. You are not your location, rating, profile comments, friends or armies. You are not your signature.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

ahh yes should have pointed otu, none of the models are finished yet, as you said small details eyes and touch up work. i'm a messy painter so touch up is very normal for me

ui should have some more pics up soon

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    88 (x2)

I shall be keenly following your progress seeing as you seem to be doing something very simmilar to me! i.e. salamander successors with snot green armour

look forward to seeing how this pans out for you. I just started mine yesterday so i'm using you as a tester for what does and doesn't work, hope you don't mind

Oh, and i'll let you know when i put up my project thread so you can see my approach to the same project (wouldn't be fair to be all one way now would it? )

Good luck!!
    'War does not determine who is right, only who is left'
    I am President of the Brunel University wargames society - PM me if interested.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast