Lupercal's TOP and Other Assorted Nonsense - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lupercal's TOP and Other Assorted Nonsense

This is my WIP thread I will be using for my numerous projects, including TOP and pretty much anything else I feel like putting up here.

Id like to prelude the meat of this thread with just a little bit about what's going to be in it/what armies I play/collect. I currently have in storage about 2000 points of orcs (my first army) and 1200-1400 points of old-school Dark Angels (not REALLY old-school, just since before all these newfangled plasticy bitz and new codex). Those will be staying in storage for a while, with the exception of 20 or so boyz that I currently have supmerged in a jar of simple green. I have an old nid army that I recently sold half of and then stripped the other half of, and when the new DA came out I up and bought the big army set or whatever (the one that came with the codex). I also have other assorted half-baked ideas for converted armies that I intend to work on, a bunch of Chaos marines to paint up, and 25 Death Korps of Krieg that I just recieved in the mail today from ebay and I am insanely excited to begin work on.

So, here is a list of what I plan to cover in this thread.

Orks:Redoing them, simply because my painting skills have progressed a great deal and I cant stand to look at them. Will be doing the same theme as last time, a Goff footslogging horde from Armageddon (this time with ghazghkull actually included in the army!!!) Planning on eventually stripping down and repainting and/or buying till I have 2000 points.

Dark Angels: Probably a Ravenwing/Deathwing force, emphasis on the Deathwing, themed to be on the same planet as my DKOK, and Im looking forward to improving my muddying/weathering skills on marine armor. I will probably collect 2000 points and add these with my DKOK for apocalypse games.

Death Korps of Krieg: Definitely going to be a slow build, as I am determined to use all FW models (soooo purty) and include 8 thudd guns, 4 heavy mortars, 2 earthshakers and at least one superheavy (right now im liking macharius, stormsword, or shadowsword). Eventual list will contain 2500-3000 points including superheavy, and as stated above, will be combined with DA for some nice 5k Apoc games. If I get near enough to this, I may have to get a warhound, but theres no way Im spending that much without an army to go with it.

Chaos Marines: My TOP army. currently I own 1200 points or so of models, and after I finish them up (hopefully) in the TOP I will see where I go with them.

Tyranids: I plan on making a 6 Carnifex 2 Tyrant Nidzilla list and getting a buttload of gaunts for cheap off my friend to turn into spinegaunts. I will not be wanting to spen alot of time on this compared to my other projects, so I will be using Areoplane's amazing dipping tutorial to achieve this, most likely with a HF Kraken color scheme as I have always wanted to do one. *WARNING: THIS LIST WILL MOST LIKELY CONTAIN ALOT OF DAKKAGUNS AND RESERVES THE RIGHT TO BE CHEEZY FOR IT*

Pre-Heresy Emperor's Children (Loyalist) : Another decently slow building force, if only because most of my money will be going into the DA/DKOK, as I own models for the other armies so I will be able to progress them without spending anything. I do have enough stuff to make a couple hundred points of these guys (maybe 650-800 ) but I would have to but more black templar conversion kits and stuff after that, as the whole army will have to look, well, Pre-Heresy.

Other Assorted Bits and Bobs: A squad of GK I might mess around with, several crisis suits (maybe 4-5) on the sprue from when I used to play Tau, as well as some Firewarriors I never got rid of and an absolutely destroyed Devilfish, and my sister owns a squad of Battle Sisters she will never paint and i might (I doubt it) paint a few if I get bored of everything else (not likely).

OH!!! I almost forgot... I also have about 1000 points of lizardmen that are on hold until the new codex, as well as some WIP zombies and converted black knights and some still-on-the-sprue Dire Wolves for my Vampire Counts army...

I think thats everything, if I forgot anything I will post it later. I was going to post pics now but my camera is dead and I got stuff to do (and FMA to watch), so I will be posting some pics tomorrow hopefully, of a WIP Ghazgkhull and a test marine for the Chaos TOP army, and anything els I can find and feel like posting.

So yea... What do you all think? lots of unpainted stuff, this thread is probably going to last me into and out of college lol, but I think Im finally ready to hunker down and finish all of these half-finished (and/or not started) projects...

*WARNING: THIS THREAD MAY OR MAY NOT BE USED TO ENCOURAGE ME TO GET OFF MY LAZY BUTT AND PAINT SOME FIGURES. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED, AND SHOULD NOW COMMENCE WITH THE INFLATION OF MY EGO SO AS TO HELP ME ON THIS JOURNEY* (seriously though, comments of any kind once I start putting pics and stuff up are encouraged... If something looks like crap and you know why, tell me so, I can take it )

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's thread lurker warhammer madman's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    70 (x2)

sounds like a plan...

consider me *subscribed*
    click>the warhammer world needs you!<click

If someone helps you REP them...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update!!! but with crappy pics :(

I apologize for these crappiest of pics, but I got home after it was dark (darn winter), but I wanted to post something. I usually get home earlier and will be able to light models adequately and not so yellow-tinted(just not on wednesdays, when I am busy till later). The quality isn't as bad as I thought, now that I am looking at the preview, but everything is darker than it should be, as you will see when I post good pics.

My work station ( Suitably Chaotic for Chaos Marines )

DKOK (I was REALLY excited when I took these pics, so they're pointless)

Chaos Marine test model for ToP. I like the color scheme, its not quite as textured as the paint looks in the pictures, thats just a heavy flat orange drybrush over the red, with a wash that kinda blends it together, making it look kinda rough and textured even in real life. In real life I quite like the effect. He needs touching up, and the pics are bad as stated above, but there you go:

My first CSM tac squad, minus 2 men who are not built yet.

Last but not least, ork warboss head (Ghazgkhull), first a pic of the head, then of the Iron Gob, then one of them both:

Ghazgkhull is WIP, the gun arm at least, the claw arm and the body are merely primed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gah, horrible horrible life reared it's ugly head and has caused me to change from CSM to Salamanders for ToP, due to time/money issues, and I still might not finish my ToP entry in time (a salamanders devastator squad). If I can get it done in time I will post pics 2morrow if not I apologise for the lack of updates but I have been VERY busy. I am as of today done being busy and I will have even more time off come January, when I will have loads of time and be very bored and likely begin painting up a storm to keep myself occupied... so long as I dont spend too much time playing all the Xbox360 games I will be getting at Christmas and for my birthday (Jan 7th)...

Anyway, point is, sorry for lack of updates, but it will not continue...

Also, anyone got any tips for painting Salamander armor? I know Snot green is the base but I need to figure out how I will highlight them.

Also, what do you use to go from a black primer to true white (like skull white)?

+ Reply to Thread