Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Well, I painted/played marines and eldar, so I figured I'd start on something that plays differently and has a vastly different look to eldar. So, ORKS!!!! The list is probably gonna look more like a speed freak list, but I am not to thrilled to paint that much red. Furthermore, I just dig the Bad Moon clan motif.
anywhooo, here is the freebie Nob that came with my WD a few months ago.
and here is from the back view. I tried to really make the yellow a corroded version, starting off with gretchin green foundation and slathered vallejo game colors on top.
skin is orkshade green foundation, badab black wash, vallejo yellow olive, vallejo camo green, and then topped off with a gryphonne (<-sp?) sepia from the citadel wash set. I am now trying to simplify the whole color journal for mass production (60shootas, 40 sluggas... and counting). anywhoo, enjoy.-KK
ya know, i think being busy is what makes orks, orks. they have all that Jimmied equipment so i feel that it fits them well. i like how he looks, nice work. what kind of base are you going to do?
bases... well, city ruins for a start. Concrete, rubble, barbed wire, probably chop up an imperial basilica for larger bases. Problem is I dont know what color to go for.. complimentary greys? or contrasting greys? hmmph, maybe tan neutral, dunno yet.
well done,you down with the yellow it seems and I was wondering what primer color you use?You have much dedication t othe game,may you be blessed with a great army.
To make the bad moon yellow armor I decided to base it with gretchin green foundation and slathered vallejo game colors on top. I worked it up from the green to a pale yellow. the rust and such was done with vallejo terracotta. then added the metals boltgun and mithril silver on edges and where it would look appropriate for battle scars. then I used the GW sepia wash to dap a bit'o rust here and there.
I like them, in fact I can't think of a single suggestion to improve on them. Excellent work.
They look awesome, really well done!
Just a good base and they'll be pretty much perfect.
Ok, so here is the finished ork nob on a rubble base. I used a dash of tiny slate gravel, and a resin bit from the 40k basing kit. Then I used some plaster chunks (galeforce and some I made from scratch using dental lab stone). I am not sold on the tan collar to the base, It does tie in some of the smaller details, but it is sorta blah. I may change the uniform's boots to pure black for more contrast to the base, and I have toyed with putting little tufts of pale colored static grass as accent weeds, but we shall see. Lets face it, 100 models... its going to be hard to mix the bases up much.