Forcing Myself - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Forcing Myself

Scotland, Ayr
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

147 (x5)

Forcing Myself

To make a fully painted army. Something I have oft dreamed of. So, I'm making this. Over Christmas I plan on making a renegade Marine army. A White. Renegade army. Yeah. Should be fun. Now, I haven't painted properly in a while. So this could be a good laugh. I plan on doing a test model come the weekend. But for now I'm using this as a depository (or sorts) for ideas, and feedback.

Now, my Renegade Chapter. I have yet to decide a name. However, I want Paladin in there somewhere. The short story (this isn't the place for fluff) is that they were a chapter ultimately hellbent on always doing the "right thing". For the better of the Imperium. They became almost fundamentalists of this idea.

Then, they came to the world of Neron IV. A world with a minor daemonic infestation. A small Grey Knight presence, and many PDF, along with my chapter managed to stave off the assaults and destroy the cultists, with the help of the Ordo Hereticus. However, a particular puritan Inquisitor's retinue scruitinised their chapter, killing fifteen brothers who hedeemed "Tainted". Even though the other two Inquisitors on-world could detect no trace of Chaos.

Then, they had to assist the Ordo Malleus in the slaughter of the PDF. Innocent men, blood still on their hands from the battle, victorious mindset and a lust for life, fresh on their minds. The tainted were rooted out, and burned with sacred promethium. However, for caution's sake, the rest of the three regiments were ordered to be put to death by the space marines. Annihilation, without a cause.

This led the chapter master and his personal advisors within the chapter to thinking. What was the Imperium really doing for humanity. It was merciless and cruel. And innocence proved nothing.

So, they rebelled. They did not fight directly against the Imperium. But when brought to heel, they refused to obey. And were almost destroyed in a fearsome space battle. Escaping into the Halo Stars. They now consists of 500 marines, with a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 7th company. In addition to an armoury, on which, with their depleted numbers, they rely heavily. And are known to deploy many dreadnoughts and Drop Pods. They now plan on launching attacks into whoever threatens humanity. Regardless of race.

Aesthetically I will play the 1st and 3rd companies. Which look like:

The Bolter and Chainsword : Space Marine Display&

The Bolter and Chainsword : Space Marine Display&

And I plan on basinc them on Crusaders and Paladins. I'm thinking of using the FW Templar dread for my dreads. Any suggestions welcome.

Paintwise, a test model is coming soon. Just need primer.

Originally Posted by Archnomad
    Well I picked up my first model when I was 7.

I misunderstood that... ALOT

2. Remove Advertisements

Benevolent Dictator CaptainSarathai's Avatar
    inside your head
    77 Post(s)
    2 Thread(s)

1480 (x8)

The only problem that I can foresee is shading the white. I typically move to white, from a color quite similar to the one you are using to paint the 'soft armor'. If you just plan on going with white armor sans shading, or using a different color for the shadows, then just ignore this point. Otherwise, I like the scheme.

A name is something you should could up with as it brings you closer to your army, but here are suggestions:

Bright Paladins
    Paladins of Terra
    Storm Paladin
    The Enlightened
    Pts Values for AoS here!

Nippon Armybook: Isuu, Scribd, and free at Google Docs

Tale of Painterville
    2 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

542 (x8)

Okery Dokery, I make up a name for you....

*Puts on his naming hat*

Scions of the Emperor's Will.

+ Reply to Thread