Things are starting to look proper now.
I've decided against a sword and fitted him with a spear instead, using one of his cut off blades as the spearhead and cue tip sticks for the shaft. I'm thinking of covering it in greenstuff to give it a more interesting texture.
His shield is just the plasticard core of his shield for now, it'll get greenstuff bulked out and detailed later.
Here I was fitting the spear, checking height etc. Also seeing how the studs would come out on the shoulder. I've also finished the shoulder brace on the front of him here and fastened all the components, except for the head, together.
Drilled and pinned the spear also had to pin his shield arm due to a weak joint (it had actually broken when I was clearing away mould lines and broke again as I was messing around with it during the spear pinning). Also fastened the studs to the shoulder and sharpened them.
An attempted closeup of his jaw. I have no clue what that metal stuff is in his mouth. Isn't there when I check now =p
A closeup of the studs.
A shot of the cross brace on the back, also visible are the greave fastenings.
Next I'll propably start working on the shield and layer the spear in GS. Another tube of GS is drying now so I can make the studs on the other shoulder. Then it's helmet and bulking up his hips!
All coming together ^^