PrOtOcoN's painting and modelling thread - Page 6 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x4)

Things are starting to look proper now.
    I've decided against a sword and fitted him with a spear instead, using one of his cut off blades as the spearhead and cue tip sticks for the shaft. I'm thinking of covering it in greenstuff to give it a more interesting texture.
    His shield is just the plasticard core of his shield for now, it'll get greenstuff bulked out and detailed later.

Here I was fitting the spear, checking height etc. Also seeing how the studs would come out on the shoulder. I've also finished the shoulder brace on the front of him here and fastened all the components, except for the head, together.

Drilled and pinned the spear also had to pin his shield arm due to a weak joint (it had actually broken when I was clearing away mould lines and broke again as I was messing around with it during the spear pinning). Also fastened the studs to the shoulder and sharpened them.

An attempted closeup of his jaw. I have no clue what that metal stuff is in his mouth. Isn't there when I check now =p

A closeup of the studs.

A shot of the cross brace on the back, also visible are the greave fastenings.

Next I'll propably start working on the shield and layer the spear in GS. Another tube of GS is drying now so I can make the studs on the other shoulder. Then it's helmet and bulking up his hips!
    All coming together ^^

Your fluffraping hurts my eyes. - TehDarkPredator

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x4)

Did some work on the giant, layering his spear and shield.

Shield so far, showing the WIP rim and boss. Idea is to make planks and perhaps some battle damage once thats finished.

Showing the spear tip here. Fits snugly at the top and we can also see the top of the spear wrap here.

Spear wrap.

Giant as he looks now, head is not permanently attached yet.

Still open to suggestion as to what to do with the helmet!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great job so far!

Will you be using the giant as an allied Mercenary giant or something else?

I look forward to seeing more. =)

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1371 (x8)

That is looking great dude. The green stuff is nice, I like the spear and shin guards. The shield I feel needs damaging and ageing. It would suit better with the skeleton.

Kuffy

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

That spear has come out really well - great work!

Hmmm... I'm starting to think Viking horns might look kind of cool on that helmet. But I'm not sure...
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x4)

While work on the giant progresses (doing his shield at the moment) there's some other things happening!

First off, I magnetized my entire army! Just took an evening and I got magnets under all my zombies, skellies and characters! The magnet material was alot easier to work with that I thought, cut away really easy and glues extremely well!

I also got around to converting a model that's been annoying me for a while, the aristocratic vampire model.

I think I got her in the 'Spearhead' box and she's just been lying around in my model case. The model looks pretty cool, it's just that her face and the extreme collar wasn't really my style. Since there's not that many armored female models in the GW range I didn't want to just discard her though. Once I'd done my two Wight King versions I started thinking about alternative Wight Kings and then about Wight Queens, since surely these ancient kings and warriors weren't doomed to an eternal sausage fest beneath their hallowed cairns! The result was this:

I took the vampire model, snipped abit off the collar and scraped off her face. Then I sliced the front part of a Skeleton Warrior skull and transplanted it. Green stuffed a headdress and after that had cured, some hair around it mimicking the style of the already present hair. The exposed 'fleshy' bits will be painted as armor, the cloth bits a faded red to tie in with the rest of my army. A cool thing is that her fingers are already really thin and boney so they don't need any conversion as the paintjob will simply give the skeletal illusion.

Its a very simple conversion but it completely saves the model for me.
    Hail to the Queen baby!

On a perhaps abit unrelated note, I got an Ushabti at a sale ages back and during my magnetizing spree he turned up. A quick chop and slice later I'd given him a pretty snazzy base! I might work on him as my modelling ADD goes into full swing!

Broken statue thingy is from a LOtR boxed set I think, model is pinned through the statue into the base as can be seen here.(pinned using florist wire). I think it looks great and it was really simple. I'll fill in the side gap with some dry spackle. It'll be easy to make that look like broken stone too!

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1371 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by PrOtOcoN View Post
    First off, I magnetized my entire army! Just took an evening and I got magnets under all my zombies, skellies and characters! The magnet material was alot easier to work with that I thought, cut away really easy and glues extremely well!
    What did you use for the magnets? I have seen various methods, and curious what you used for yours.

Kuffy

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

That is a pretty cool conversion, and you're right - she looks so much better without that collar.

Or maybe it was her face that was the problem...

Either way, I'd say you've fixed it!
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x4)

Posted a tutorial on how to magnetically base your army!
    Thanks for the inspiration Kuffy! ^^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x4)

Managed to finish off three projects.

I finished a project for a local painting competition, I'll post that once voting has finished ^^

I also finished my farmhouse terrain as well as my Wight Queen!

Here's my finished Wight Queen! I tried to give her dirty blond hair, since black hair would be so...obvious? I dunno. The conversion came out great and she'll have a place of honor in my army.

I also finished my farmhouse, including furniture and such. This is my first terrain piece =D The door, windows, shutters, chest, desk and stool is all made out of toothpicks. The barrels and grain bags are made of air hardening clay. The bed is made of spare cardboard and all the cloth around is made of jean fabric.

Also, here's all the stuff that's loose around the house, I particularly like the chest.

There's also something lurking in the rafters!

Anyways, lots of old projects getting taken care of now!
    I feel like I'm in the zone!