WIP Eldar of Paxtus II - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    LO's resident Yowie Dead Dude Walking's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    272 (x4)

WIP Eldar of Paxtus II *and other yummy goodies

OK...
    So I recently started my eldar army that I have dubbed Eldar of Paxtus II Who are Eldar stranded on a planet after the fall. The full fluff is here. (Eldar of Paxtus II fluff) So here are the little suckers.

I have painted more of my Dire Avengers but I decided that you guys would get the picture with this.

The soulstones I have painted yellow which proved a challenge but I am happy with the results. The exarch is next with a converted double blade note that he is only basecoated at the moment.

Next is the harliquen troupe leader which I got off of eBay for like $2

I've put a little serpent/dragon from the head of a bratonnian knight onto the base because I kinda want a dragon element in my army like macewinds exordites. I wont take it as far as he did (although I want to) but I'll just use them for decoration (or mabey a mount). I have modeled a spade (cards) on his chest and made chainmail where the guy who sold me the model did some dodgey glueing.

And now the farseer. I did the same thing with the dragon on the base. I swapped the head for a bare one from the DA and have a couple more ornaments like the heart in the cage from the brettonians sprue. It is prretty easy to see where I have converted him because they are not undercoated.

So I hope you guys like them

Last edited by Dead Dude Walking; July 18th, 2009 at 14:31.
    <----- Dead Dude's WIP Thread, in all it's pant wetting glory! :D

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

I'm liking the amber gem. I'm trying to do something similar with my marines' eye lenses. How did you do yours?
    Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    272 (x4)

Ok...
    The gem is undercoated black. I paint the lower left hand side yellow (half of the gem). Then I mix the yellow with a tiny bit of chos black (you will have to experiment with this as you want to see a noticeable change but not too dramatic) and paint 3/4 of the gem leaving a yellow cresent-moon shape at the bottom left. Then add a tiny bit more black and paint a little less of the gem each time. Once the colour is quite dark, dot a (I've done two dots before but I dont think that will work with eyes) white spot in the top- right corner.

You can use the same technique with eyes but I'm pretty sure that there is a tutorial on the games workshop australia sight with the space marines.

Hope it helped

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

272 (x4)

Ok...
    So I've started to paint my farseer and all is going well. not enough to post pics but I'll probly post when he's done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x2)

Love the colour,love the fluff love everything can,t wait to see some more

rep for you
    Daemonic cheese-how? Well, you would need to start with daemonic milk, i guess...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

272 (x4)

Thanks Goliath!

I am currently on holidays and I don't have my minis with me. I am lucky that I found a computer! But I'll have updated in the New Year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

272 (x4)

Happy New Year!

So I've done some painting and have done most of the farseer.
    PICS

Still some more needed to be done like the gems and runes and some other things but I'm happy on how he's going so far. I'm realy happy with the dragon and how he came out. I will try to finish him today.

I'm bidding on a jetbike on ebay that's coming with a bunch of spare parts so there might be a neat little jetbike conversion on the way.

Keep on keepin on

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

I really like it! Great detail, and nice colours. Never been much of a fan of Eldar, but your paint scheme looks great!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

272 (x4)

So this morning I had an Idea for the jetbike. I won't use the cover that goes over the front of the bike and I will have the rider leaning forward. I'll also have the shuriken catapults on the side instead of below. I will also use the front fins of the heavy support platform (the big one) on the sides to act as kinda anti grav generators. Here is a quick concept sketch I did this morning.

I am sorry for the terrible drawing skills (especially the rider lol)but you can kinda see the picture if anyone has done something like this before please could you give me some pointers

I haven't completed the farseer but I will try to get on it.

see ya

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

272 (x4)

Ok...

I finished the farseer last night and I am waiting to win the jetbike. There are so many gems on that farseer, but I think they add a good toutch. So withought further ado here is my farseer:

Hope you guys like him but c&c is welcome

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast