Death Guard WIP - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Death Guard WIP

Woof! Woof! Bark! Bark!!! aeroplane's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    569 (x7)

Death Guard WIP

What started out as a single Death Guard squad has turned into a full army, which will be 2000pt+ when complete. I think there is some neat stuff in this thread, take a look!

As always, C&C welcome.

Last edited by aeroplane; July 20th, 2009 at 01:49. Reason: 43/3038
    My insanely large Chaos Marine Army - look

Thier commander's motto-listen

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    98 (x1)

Looking really good there Aero.

The darker red colour should look good on the bolters, having them look maybe alittle rusty arround the edges or something. In all, the paint scheme looks really good.
    Check out Double Edged Painting blog for more information on commissions and work in progress

Happy strokes, happy s... redarmy27's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    331 (x5)

I think it looks quite nice as well. My only thing I'd say is that the highlights shouldn't be so wide. Just tiny, sharp stitches of the yellow here and there; enough to just catch the eye. I like them a lot. How did you get that textured look to them? Dry brush? I like it; it gives the armor a bit of depth!

Great job!

Jake

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x1)

Very nice use of the Possessed sprue, too. A whole squad like that will look very unique.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    425 (x8)

I think you have a good start. The green looks a bit bright in places. The gold is very nice. I would take the time to pick out the details that these conversions offer you for sure!

Cheers,

-Mike

Now offering an affordable Tournament Legal Quality Commission pricing. Find out more here!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

I think they look amazing. The greens look really nice, and the detail and highlighting works really well! Be good to see them all once you've finished!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    569 (x7)

Gentlemen, thanks for the feedback! I want to show the next members of the squad;

I need another possessed sprue to finish this squad (as well as my Emperor's Children Raptors...), I might get that today if my FLGS has one in stock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

569 (x7)

A bit of progress -- Still very WIP, some more than others

Floating around space finding and converting small planets into biomatter for the fleet.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x3)

I really like these guys, they look great. The green has a certain depth and texture to it that gives it a realistic look whilst the addition of melee weaponry and possessed parts works extremely well. The guy with the powerfist and shield is awesome and has a dynamic feel to him aswell, I can just see him running into someone with that shield to knock them over then jumping on them and pounding them in the face with his fist .

Main Armies: The Septem Edo Hivefleets || Da Mekanikus of Mek Skagnatz || Clan Skrawlskir of the White Rat || The Eternal Legion of Chlorr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

569 (x7)

Obviously I need to base these guys, but other than that, these 5 (of about 15) guys are done.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast