Squints' WoC WIP Newbtacular - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Squints' WoC WIP Newbtacular

Army List:

x20 Chaos Marauders
    x10 Chaos Warhounds
    x12 Chaos Warriors
    x5 Chaos Knights
    x5 Marauder Horsemen
    Chaos Lord on Demonic Mount
    Khorne Chaos Lord on Juggernaut
    Nurgle Chaos Sorcerer
    Khorne Chaos Champion
    Wulfrik the Wanderer
    Sigvald the Magnificent

---

The army came as a lot, and the price was over 40% off, so I figured to buy all in - instead of piece-by-piece.

Yeah, so I've been out of the hobby for about 7 years now - and a lot has changed. So, I decided now that i have my chaos warhounds assembled, I should share my roller coaster ride towards something below average (I'm trying to stay realistic).

Pictures coming soon, although thus far the warhounds look pretty good assembled. Right now I'm doing an assembly line-style with the Marauders. Back when I played, almost all of the figures were 2-4 pieces, max (and my Bretonnian archers were 1!). Now even the core units are like 8 pieces - I enjoy the idea of customized, but it is becoming somewhat of a pain.

I am currently having trouble with the two-handed weapons for the Marauders. They have both hands on one peice, and one hand has the arm attached. The other arm is a sperate piece. For the life of me, I cannot find the right angle to attach these peices so they both fit at the shoulders of the torso piece. I currently do not have green stuff to fill the gaps, although I understand that is an option.

I'll take pictures tonight.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

Greenstuff is always an option, but especially when it comes to chaos
    Hope to see pics of your army growing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Marauders are finished, sans shields (learned long ago to paint them separate no matter how small).

However, I am know considering reverting 2, one as a standard and one as a musician. i already have these, mind you, in my 20-man unit.

Tactic-wise, though, Wulfrik can take a unit of Marauders with him and start the game on the side of the table (you roll for what turn he arrives, the latest being five). So, he could champ one unit of 9 at the flank, while the other 10 stay with the main army as another unit.

Perhaps I am being too anal about it - I can always designate any mini as a music/standard anyway, right?

Anywho... tonight begins the Chaosy-fun! for tonight, I'd like to get my metal figures together, sans shields. The Juggernaut looks tough, but other than that I should be fine. I'm also keeping the riders off their mounts for now.

Failing that, I have cleaned my Chaos Warriors sheets and can start them up as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably going to re-base the Marauders, as they are allll messed up. Spacing is all off, so they can't be placed together as a cohesive unit without arms getting in the way and such. However, I seemed to have caught my stride now that I am basing the Warriors. The front line "toes" are right against the front of the base, while the back line is spaced to the rear to give plenty of room for accessories.

I'm glad I planned to build this way, starting with the rabble first and working my way up to the nicer models. The warhounds and Marauders were first, then i started doing metal and Warriors.

Annnnd, unfortunately, I have either misplaced my Wulfrik head or never got one

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Theres a fair few of those guys! Cant wait to see some more progress.

Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Squints View Post
    Annnnd, unfortunately, I have either misplaced my Wulfrik head or never got one
    I would suggest you take a long, hard look at Wulfrik's shield! I thought the exact same thing until I realized his head was attached to his shield, near the bottom. It looks more like a huge glob of flash than a head, but once you eyeball it hard enough ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll have to look. I wouldn't be surprised if I discarded that as flash, or something.

I do have a backup plan to use an extra Marauder, helmet-less head.

The warriors and horsemen are assembled. I like the way the Marauder horsemen look overall.

I'm moving in a bit, so I don't know when I will be able to take pictures and update. But my next steps are the Chaos Knights and the Khorne Lord on the Juggernaut.

Speaking of which, now that i have the book I realize this lot came with waaaay too many lords. I have 3 I can use at any time as a lord.

So I can set up Sigvald as my lord, even though he is a whopping 400+ points... or have him be a Slannesh exalted hero. The chaos lord on the daemonic steed and the khorne lord on the juggernaut can be swapped into exalted hero roles, with extra points for their mounts.

I forget now, but I think Wulfrik is... a lord? He's 185 points or so, and I like the idea of his unit being bale to appear on a side-edge of the table... although you could always roll a 5 and not have him show up for a a few turns.

If I played every unit as they are, which is impossible since I can't have that many lords, I'm at about 1685 points without any extras going into weapons/banners/wards/items/etc.

So I may have to get some Chosen!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yes, I was originally going to make an Empire army when I started looking at Warhammer again as a hobby, so I have a militia set.

Hmm... what to do with all of those extra heads, I wonder...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    83 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Squints View Post
    Hmm... what to do with all of those extra heads, I wonder...
    Warshrine of Khorne! Warshrine of Khorne!

Regarding Wulfrik's head:

Lower right hand side of the shield. That's his head. I had a bit of a moment myself, thinking I had lost it, until I realized where it was. Very strange place for it, if you ask me.

kinkeh secks pl0x?! Brother Tiberius's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    118 (x2)

As a way to get us, the new WoC players of Librarium. I have linked your Project within Mine! - hopefully this will get us to give each other some C&C.

This way it will allow us to keep tabs on each other and help each other when we have mental blocks, creative blocks... issues with painting.. and other such things that always seems to get on my nerves!

Mucho love!
    BT
    My homage to my time spent at Libararium Online:
    Crimson Fists
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1658499

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast