the chaos tribe of Methil Flamecollar (pic heavy) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x1)

the chaos tribe of Methil Flamecollar (pic heavy)

First some background on my general: an exalted hero of tzeentch on disc who is equipped with a collar of khorne and the book of secrets:

Methil Flamecollar, once a champion of chaos unnoticed by the chaos gods was pillaging a village once inhabited by an empire wizard who secretly worshipped tzeentch. Amongst the rubble of one of the houses he found a book. He felt the power within and when he opened it, he was instantly sucked into the realm of chaos. He found himself amongst countless daemons of each of the chaos gods. He proceeded to read a line in the book, and before he could even unsheath his sword a flaming sword appeared in his hand. His combat skill, combined with this magical sword were enough to slay all the minor daemons around him.

This drew khorne's attention, and he immediately sent a dozen flesh hounds in to test this warrior's skill. He bested them all, and took one of their collars as his own. Trapped inside the realm of chaos, Methil decided to aid his new patron in capturing part of nurgle's garden. While slaying all the plaguebearers with his sword and burning the garden by casting the fireballs he mastered from the book, a strange form appeared, shifting in appearance until it was an exact copy of Methil himself. It seemed this changeling creature was captured by nurgle in one of his plants, and soon after releasing him from his rotting prison Methil heard a voice, which claimed to be tzeentch. 2 weird flaming discs appeared floating about. The changeling jumped on one, and Methil was gifted with the other.

As soon as he mounted the disc, it took him out of the realm of chaos. He could feel the power of tzeentch flowing through his body, but leaving the realm of chaos took its toll. The collar lost some of its effectiveness in warding off magic, and the book left some of its power behind. Now he's only able to harness a small amount of its former power, but it has proven enough in his last battle.

Since then, sorcerers have felt his power, and have followed him in his quest for immortality. Tzeentch still has his eye on Methil, and has blessed the sorcerers with some of his own power, including discs to further their goals.

This will eventually be an all-mounted WoC list featuring all 4 gods, and here's what I have painted so far - more pics will follow as I paint each unit or character;

Methil himself:

a unit of khornate knights

a single knight of nurgle:

a marauder horseman of slaanesh:

and finally a warhound:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x1)

the first unit of nurgle knights is finished;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

83 (x2)

I love it! The Nurgle Knights are especially hawt.

I'm going for a similar "theme" to my army ... That's right. The lack of theme is my theme.

I can hear your minds exploding.

Nice work.
    The Blessed of the Four
    By the pricking of my thumbs,
    Something wicked this way comes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    101 (x3)

dude, looking good!
    I like the background you wrote.

What is that colour on the Nurgle knights? (I haven't bought paint in over a year easily)
    My WoC assembly/paint log! check it out. UPDATED 03-11-'11!
    Check out my guide on how to make Treekin.
    Please feel free to correct my spelling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x1)

the color on the nurgle knights is actually very simple;
    knarloc green, followed by a devlan mud wash afterwards to darken it up a lot . It's easy, but it gives the effect I want

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

83 (x2)

Ooo. So you've been using the foundation paints? I was thinking of picking some up myself, specifically the greens and the reds for my Nurlge/Khorne contingents. How do you like them?
    The Blessed of the Four

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x1)

IMO, the green and red foundations are well worth it since they're the hardest colors to paint.

For my khornate knights, I used mechrite red, then scab red, and afterwards a wash of chestnut ink. IRL, they look a lot better then they do on pics.

On another note, I painted the first unit of warhounds today

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

83 (x2)

Cool. Like the green horns on the puppies. You giving them poison attacks?

My Citadel washes arrived today from eBay. I'll prolly end up buying the foundation paints by the pot, as needed ... though I briefly considered picking up the hobby starter kit as I need new clipped, too. I really like some of the new foundation colors.

Thanks for the info!
    The Blessed of the Four

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x1)

glad to help

I'm not giving the hounds poisoned attacks, but the horns on the middle one look just like snakes coming out of his head, so I painted them appropriately. And the bright green fits the other hounds well since it breaks the monotony of the unit .

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1148 (x8)

nice looking stuff so far, my only real criticism is that the red on the khorne knights and the green on the nurgle knights are a little flat, although that could be down to the lighting in the photos.

Having been away for 6 months from everything GW until recently, I haven't actually had chance to see the new knights, are they nice models? both painting wise and modeling wise? cause I might get rid of my old metal ones for my slannesh army.

Damien
    If you try and fail......TRY HARDER
    CMoN Gallery
    Dee's Paint Filled Hellhole

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast