Our name is Death Necron WIP WARNING PIC HEAVY - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Our name is Death Necron WIP WARNING PIC HEAVY

Hi everyone this is my attempt to force myself to finish this army. I will not let it become what happened to my tau.

Anywho I purchased the Necron Warrior Phalanx, which by the way is an amazing deal as there is nothing in the box you dont need.

So I am currently in phase 1. This phase is where I determine the way I want everything built and painted. Since they are crons the only models I plan on converting are the lord, the wraiths, and maybe a destroyer lord and flayed ones. But other than that the models look exactly as they should in my opinion.

Anywho my thoughts on painting are that the plain silver metalic necrons dont really match the black and green monolith at all really. And i want to improve that. SO here are my first four necrons.

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...pictureid=1516
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...pictureid=1515
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...pictureid=1517

haha I love the last one AHAHA phase out lol.

Anyway, I was going for a colored metalic look that would perhaps match the monolith better than the plain boltgun style. So for example if I went with the purple id put purple highlites ont he monolith instead of green. Or blue or whatever. These models were primed black, then drybrushed boltgun then a wash was applied. Fairly simple, fast, and effective.

My next four models will be painted with a black primer then the dry brush will contain part boltgun and part colored paint and illl paint up a few. However please dont hold back comments. And any tips on improving my pictues would be appreciated.

O in conculsion I know that their is absolutely no detail work done on these models, I'm trying to determine the basic painting scheme before I show off my mad painting skills. Lol im actually only good at using inks not painting so much.

Ahh now that i have some more time gonna try and put the pictues on the page, I hate links.

Last edited by Deek; February 3rd, 2009 at 17:14.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Project Update

Painted a mini this morning inbetween classes. The mixing boltgun metal with blue paint experiment was a failure. It seems that either the metalic overpowers the blue or you have to put so much blue into the paint that it is too dark to drybrush over the black undercoat. So Be on the lookout for red, blue, Orange, and possibly Green/White/yellow Accents on the crons. Laters gotta run to class.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

i mixed blue paint with boltgun, worked a treat. Just use a light-ish colour blue (if memory serves that is) gives a nice silvery blue.

anyway, keep up the good works!
    Avatar's Arena #3 let the games begin!
    The Outsider And Kae'Tyr-necron fluff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Alright Phase 2 is in full swing I have my next batch of necrons built, primed, and dry brushed. Now its time to experiment with color accents.

Here is the first one, more to come later tonight. This model was primed black dry brushed boltgun and
    then red accent was added by layering from a red gore equivalent to blood red.

Again im looking for thoughts on the color, do you like it dislike it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

Hello again. I tested out some new metalic paint mixtures posting the pictues ad ill hve decided on the final scheme by the weekend. Then production goes into full swing.

Well there are the photos if anyones interested.

+ Reply to Thread