Librarium Online Forums banner

DMC's grand thread of painting and all things related. Also, free cookies

17K views 63 replies 21 participants last post by  JMichael 
#1 · (Edited)
DMC's grand thread of painting and all things related.

Thought that it was about darn time that I also created me a project log for the GRAND and IMPRESSIVE amount of stuff that I paint. Yeah. Sure. Sounds good, right?

Perhaps not.
BUT, I felt that I wanted a thread to show off my projects when I actually paint. Been painting some recently so I thought it was a pretty good time to get this shiz' started yo.

The most recent thing I painted, took pictures of and posted on LO was a Morat infantryman for the sci-fi skirmish-game Infinity.
Here he is.

Another model that I painted not that long ago (relatively speaking...).

Empire captain in Averland colours.

I'll get more pictures up as I paint more stuff. Next update should be... in the next post. In a few minutes. The tension is killing you!!

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Edit: Zem sure is fast. Like a greased lightning or such. Empire captain added.

Update one - a fine start

So I have been painting some more Infinity lately. Decided to have a go at the Morat Rasyat Diplomat for my Combined Army. He's still pretty WIP but I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts about him.
The green, grey and yellow parts are pretty much done. I realise now that I need to work a bit more on my blending but I'm pleased with the overall look.

For reference, you can find a pic of the studio paint job, by the amazingly talented Angel, of the model *here*.

Now, to my model.

*Pic of his tight, tight rear* Not the best pic, but bah I say!

I plan on adding a bit more colour diversity to the leg armour by picking out a few tiny details that are on the sides of his legs. Not sure on how I will paint those though. I'm thinking brown. The gems on his belly and on his arms will be painted purple and his hair like the hair on the Morat infantryman.

I'd like to hear a few thoughts on his jet pack and how to paint it. At the moment I'm thinking of doing it mostly in grey and pick out the utmost segments, those painted in a green-ish hue in the studio paint job, in green like his body armour. Thoughts?

I'm also unsure on how to paint his gun. I think that painting it green, like I did on the infantryman, would simply make him too green.

#5 ·
So is that thing a malnourished purple yeti with a gun?
From outer space. And it's after your babies.

As for the lens, it was fairly simple. You need a tiny brush and patience. I painted it dark angels green first, did highlight in the upper and lower corners with snot green and added a tiny dot of white. It is important to keep the snot green and white very thin or it won't look too good.

#9 ·
So where exactly are these cookies?... Anyway good painting, I like the golden battle sister, since all the models only have about 3 poses you could show us 10 pics and say you've got a painted squad. Just an idea for when people start bugging for updates.

#20 ·
Cheers Kuffy.

Yeah I was quite stumped on the base. I really had no idea at all how I would like to paint it, so I ended up with something that, I dunno, is ok but not at all as detailed as the rest of the mini. The metal on the base is painted in a brass colour and washed with a dark green (doesn't really show up on the pics I think).
It looks fairly good and was only the only thing I could think of without making it boring... The fact that I only spent 5-10 minutes deciding on how to paint it, so that I would have time to enter into the painting compie (which Jon now decided that the mini did not adhere to the rules and was thus given a 'no' :p), was also a deciding factor in this...

If anything, it doesn't detract from the rest of the mini I guess.
Any ideas on how to improve it? If I would go back and change anything it would be the base.

lol now that I go back and look I notice that I haven't even added any static grass to the base! >_<

#27 ·
I'm-a watching you, camel.
Ah, so it is you! Then the niggling feeling that I am being stalked is correct. :D

Digging the infinity dude, dude. Should really pick myself up some, at some point.
Yes, yes you should. I'm getting myself a second faction soon. Gonna get me some PanO.
These 3 models to be specific.
Armoured Cavalry TAG
Nisse with HMG
Kamau hacker

The I can't wait until I get my hands on the TAG since it's such a great model I think. Straight out from the best mecha-animes.

#34 ·
Been some serious lack of progress here lately. But it's time to do better!

So, I finally got around to paint my Goliath-gang for Necromunda that I bought nearly two years ago, back when I was attending the annual LO meet-up. Huzzah.

So here we go, the Downhive Wasters! I didn't put that much effort into them. Getting them painted was my top priority.
Pics are quite bad IMO (dunno why, lots of colours look really flat, shiny and such...), but eh, can't be bothered to take new ones at the moment. :p

From left to right; Saul the heavy, Skull**** (yes, he has a meltagun. When your name is Skull**** you can be that bad) and Bingo.

Moe, Saul and Karl-Johan.

Dio and Jack the Smasher (creative, eh?).

'Breakneck' Bob the Scummer and 'Meatgrinder'.

Oh right, forgot the group pic!

Also posted here!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.