Angelus Morti Space Marines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

Angelus Morti Space Marines

Hello. I've been away from the hobby for a while and I'm trying to get back into painting. Here are the first five marines I have painted for my new space marine chapter Angelus Morti. They will be part of a larger 10 man squad and I plan to add further painted units and models to this thread in the future.

Also included in the picture is my custimized 40k movement tray.

Also, I thought it might be intersesting to tell you why I picked that name and the color scheme. The color scheme is remenicent of the little green army men I used to play with as a child. Its funny that I played with those when i was a kid, and now almost 20 I am yet again playing with little green men(although a more advanced grown up version). The name is latin. Its supposed to mean angels of death. However my latin is a bit rusty, so if anyone who happens to know latin sees this as the improper way to say the phrase, please inform me so I may make corrections to the tittle.

That is not dead which may eternal lie,
    for in strange aeons even death may die.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x1)

I like them i think they are pretty good. They obviously need touching up around the arms and head, but that is to be expected you only just got back. The basing is very nice they bring your models out. All in all GJ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by _Mr_NiD_ View Post
    I like them i think they are pretty good. They obviously need touching up around the arms and head, but that is to be expected you only just got back. The basing is very nice they bring your models out. All in all GJ.
    Thank you for replying Mr Nid. Yeah i've been neglecting my minies for a while, so my painting is a bit rusty. But then again, I'll have tons more marines to perfect my sceme on.

I hope to paint the other 5 marines of the squad and the rhino soon, and then maybe the command squad and dreadnought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    65 (x1)

Good idea on the old movement tray - might get a bit stuck going around corners though :-p

I like the general idea of the scheme...as a quick way of getting good results, i'd recommend getting some washes and thinnning your paint. It takes a bit longer, but adds so much to the look of a model

What really grabs me though, is the helmets - where are they from? They would look wicked on a squad of Sternguard...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by GLD1 View Post
    Good idea on the old movement tray - might get a bit stuck going around corners though :-p

I like the general idea of the scheme...as a quick way of getting good results, i'd recommend getting some washes and thinnning your paint. It takes a bit longer, but adds so much to the look of a model

What really grabs me though, is the helmets - where are they from? They would look wicked on a squad of Sternguard...

The heads are the Iron warrior sergeant heads. A few years ago, I bought about 100 of them for about 50 cents a piece. However this was before the GW bits discontinuation, so it might be hard to come about now a days. You can still buy the Iron warriors conversion pack from the website. Unfortunately it costs 8$ and only includes one of the sergeant heads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    65 (x1)

Cheers for the info - will have a snoop about

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    84 (x3)

I like the color scheme you have as its simple to do but all that needs some work is just touching up here and there. Do you plan to make movement trays for all of your marines?
    World Eater and Blood Angels striped 8/28/10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by fallvictim View Post
    I like the color scheme you have as its simple to do but all that needs some work is just touching up here and there. Do you plan to make movement trays for all of your marines?
    Thanks for replying fallvicterm. Its funny how I didn't notice any of those tiny mistakes until i saw the pictures. I guess such things are more aparent on a zoomed up photo. LOL

I do plan on making movement trays for the shole army, as my collection grows, i will get tired of moving every single piece and the movement trays make the game go faster. I can just remove the tray from any unit while it is in cover or anouther part of the battle field that the tray might have a hard time navigating. I am considering magnets to improve the trays effectiveness, but i don't know where to get them.

Anywho, I painted the dreadnought this afternoon. Hopefuly its a bit neater. Here are some pics.

I was hoping to get the other 5 marines done today as well, but instead i ended up watching a bad B horror film about a giant Crocadile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x6)

Hello all. Its been a while since my last post to this WIP. I was on vacation, so...

anyway, some updates: Captian finished, and Space marine squad finished. Pictures below.

thats it for now. But stay tooned. I finished my land raider today, and will post pics once my camera finishes recharging.

Link:
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1383050
    Last edited by Koss; March 9th, 2009 at 01:26.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x6)

Updates, and seeking help.

I got anouther tank(Razorback), and the command squad done. I will post pictures tomorrow (Assuming of course that I can even manage to pry myself away from Resident Evil 5.)

But the main reason for this post is that I've encountered a bit of trouble with the movement trays. Model's arn't staying on as well as I hoped, so If anyone knows of a good/ cheap site to buy sutable magnets from, a link would be greatly apreciated.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast