Welcome to Librarium Online!
Ok.. So its here, arrived this morning at work.. I've take a few pictures to get this thread going.. I'll do my best to keep this updated..
Sorry about the photos.. my phone isn't all that good
Its a big beast.. note the biro for scale.. and the large number of parts still in the bag.. I didn't have the desk space to get everything out
Also, I have taken on board a lot of comments regarding the 'unspikeyness' of this image and how its not Khornesque... I'm considering adding a number of spikes to this to rectify that..
Thoughts and comments as per usual are welcome.. and once I get this going more pics will be on the way
Last edited by leighjt; April 26th, 2009 at 17:01. Reason: thread update
This shall a nice project to follow, looking forward to see what you can do with it.
This would be interesting, I shall follow this thread with glee as I might join the horde of BSoK collectors. I have many a grand idea to extensively convert it to be an Engine of Slannesh, face it, I does look Slanneshi
By the looks of the photos, there is a lot of parts. considering the detail I'm not too surprised.
Good luck with with it and have fun!
I spent a little time last night cleaning up and assembling the base parts.. I decided that I needed to pin all the joints
The joint pinning left me with holes which needed to be covered.. I considered Green Stuff, however after my monster KToS I had the Khorne Etched Brass Insignia from FW.. Idecided to use the reall small icons to cover these up..
Think it works well
On the whole its going well.. I will be adding some extra parts and then paint this.. I haven't decided on the paint scheme.. something in me wants to paint this brass coloued with Red Trim... being that its a Brass Scorpion.. I am also very tempted to try a geometric swirl design over which ever colour I choose..
I need to test some things before I put any paint down..
My friend and I had an 9000 pt Apocalypse Game today and I was organized enough to get this on the table.. The unit is fantastic however, the 6 points of contact on the game board are incredibly small and i could see that getting this over certain terrain features was stressing some of the joints.
I will definitely be making something for this to go on.. even if its detachable.. however, that will probably come after I have painted it. the other pressing need is for me to create carry cases for this and all of my other Apocalypse figures..
More things to add to my long long list of things to do..
More to come