Stand Strong Brothers! a guard WIP thread - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stand Strong Brothers! a guard WIP thread

So I am starting a guard army. The themes will be snow, guerrilla warfare and awesomeness. They are space nomads, living in a fleet of gargantuan colony ships. Each of the different colonies has a simulated weather system that is very harsh. To train the best soldiers. I'm going with a greyish armor on khaki cloth with dark green guns. I think well see.

I'll be posting some pictures of the first heavy weapons team tonight.

My goal is to do some awesome converions for every unit. Be it sweet bases or weapon swaps to sculpting new arms or bodies. which ever. i must think of something. so any ideas that people have whilst seeing the WIP please share.

Music must give birth to orgasm and revolution
    Latest LO Blog Post
    <+Tarnag> Who could help but love a name like Ultramoose, I think of a Moose with a rocket strapped to it breathing fire and wailing on a guitar

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

Hey Moose, like the theme, I shall be following this thread with interest.

Now pics, I demand them!
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha well all my stuff is at my friends place with my paints and what not. as i do not have space to paint at home. I will be heading over their tonight. where I shall take some pics.

ive still got to finish the loader on the HBolter team but that shouldnt take more than 2 or 3 hours.
    Latest LO Blog Post
    <+Tarnag> Who could help but love a name like Ultramoose, I think of a Moose with a rocket strapped to it breathing fire and wailing on a guitar

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    110 (x4)

This sounds pretty cool to me! I've got around 3,000 points of Guard on hold at the moment, so this might give me some ideas! I'm looking forward to seeing your converted units and how your planning on painting them up! Subscribed!...

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

getting my subscription in here, another guard blog, my my popular arent we...

A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm leaving for my friends place soon so pics should be up within 3 or 4 hours.

to tide you over here's a taster of my army centerpiece.

an inquisitorial team that is Street Fighter Villain conversions. I also plan on having a Commisar Lord that is M Bison
    Last edited by Ultramoose; February 27th, 2009 at 09:28.
    Latest LO Blog Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay just got home. pic spam incoming
    Latest LO Blog Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, so here is my first pic post. The first model in my guard army. Not quite finished yet, some touch ups and the base are left to finish.

Some precursors, I am very aware of the mould lines i just wanted until i started painting them. These are the first models ive painted in over a year, but I solemnly swear to post better quality work from now on.

Also, the colours are kinda messed up, the background should be solid brilliant white not beige. Its a piece of photo paper with a light blue to white gradiant on it. I can't figure out why the camera is doing that. Ill futz around with it and hope i come up with something.

Lastly, I will be putting on plattoon number transfers when i finish the army or maybe when i finish each plattoon, ill decide when i get the new codex.

Now without further ado, Heavy Bolter Team 1, WIP:

The conversion on this team is the base. Sandbags and light snow.

There are alot more pics, if you'd like to see them click here
    Latest LO Blog Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

The pics are not that good but from what I can see it looks pretty solid. Nice work!
    How do you plan on painting their bases?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah its the lighting. i need to get some halogens. i used like 4 lights i don't know why its all beige.

The bases will be light snow. so bit of static grass maybe a rock. well see.
    Latest LO Blog Post

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast