Dragon Rider Clan (Saim Hann styled army) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    284 (x5)

Dragon Rider Clan (Saim Hann styled army)

Hey guys and girls jsut wanted to run my latest plan for my Saim Hann army by you. after readying the Fluff I decided I wanted something more badass and choose to write my own Fluff

(“Dragon Riders Host”)“Dragon Riders Host”

it mainly revolves around cosmic dragons instead of serpents. with the Bikes being made into scally dragons

Farseer Jetbike

Guardian Jetbike

I think that I will take this theme to the Other models in my army. probably adding a wing pattern aswell for the bigger models (Fire Prism, Serpent)

so What do you think?

Cheers Jayz

Last edited by forumjayz; March 15th, 2009 at 23:29.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    284 (x5)

come on guys no dragon lovers out there?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by forumjayz View Post
    come on guys no dragon lovers out there?
    Duh, Dragons are out this year. But Playtipus' are definately in, go with that.

Seems like a cool idea Jayz, I got my own conversion idea for Bikers in mind using Cold Ones and a lot of baggage, make them look like front line Scouts who are out for weeks at a time.

The Dragone theme could be played out well. I suggest getting some plastic Corsairs and either using their upper bodies or snip the cloaks off, and then put 'em on the riders to get that nice Dragon like cape thing going on.

Got a list written up at all, is it all bike, will you have other vehicles with conversions, etc.?

-K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

284 (x5)

well I've just made some scale skin try -out will hopefully take some pictures and pot them for you all to look at.

Yeah have a list writen for 1K and it also includes some vypers and a fireprism so still need to figure out how I'm going to carry this theme over to those large vehicles. was thinking of also including some dragon wings to get some large areas covered in cohertie to the theme.

what do you think? and any suggestions for that? The corsair cloaks are cool but don't fit the fluff I have in my head but thanks for the suggestion rep for you for being the first one to not look but also really ad something!

Cheers CJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    255 (x6)

I think green stuffing details on all your bikes would be very cool indeed, but very time consuming.

Someone else did something similar, I hope this helps. Harlequin Jetbike army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

284 (x5)

Yeah saw that army it's beautiful but a lot more complicated then what I'm planning. My scales turned out to be pretty easy and not as time consuming as I previously expected. I will hopefully post some pictures soon so you can see what I came up with.

Cheers CJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

284 (x5)

Updates

Ok guys here are some pictures from the scales I made what do you think and which do you think would fit best on a Jetbike?

Scales A

Scales B

Both

I also coloured in the sketches I made after I scaned them what do you guys think of this Paint sheme?

Well hope you guys like it and if not suggestions and comments are off course welcome

Cheers CJ
    Last edited by forumjayz; March 16th, 2009 at 01:23.

LO's resident Yowie Dead Dude Walking's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    272 (x4)

This is a good idea! Wat you talkin bout dragons not being in this year?!?! Me and Macewind both have dragons and they're awesome! NOTE I did steal the idea off of him

Go with scales B, they are more realistic.

Ill be waching this thread.
    <----- Dead Dude's WIP Thread, in all it's pant wetting glory! :D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

324 (x8)

Wow, you're going to make putty scales for all your jetbikes?

Brave move my friend, but good luck with it! Sounds like something that could just turn out really great for ya.

The paint scheme looks really cool. Could use a touch of yellow IMO. Also you could look into using some sort of wire mesh to just press into the clay-stuff to make that pattern for you (unless you already did this) it would REALLY speed up the process.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

284 (x5)

whoo seems more people found my little thread here

well alzer how I make them now is the just layout the grid with a knife the press in the tip of it in the top corner of the diamond shaped scale. that's about it it's pretty fast and fun to do. It will take a long time but I believe it is doable.

Yeah Dead Dude I saw macewinds army a while back maybe it was something that pussed me in this direction I don't know but seems lke there will be a lot of scally Eldar around

Well guys I hope I can give you an update sometime soon with the first try out model.

Cheers CJ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast