Librarium Online Forums banner

z_man280 W.I.P threD

11K views 70 replies 14 participants last post by  kithre 
#1 ·
Welcome to z_man280 WIP thread. I've got hobby A.D.D and I can stick to one thing for to long.
I'm working on Dark Eldar, Ultra Marines, Saim-Hann and Ive got some IG and daemons kicking around. I collect older figures on the side and I've also got a few epic armies and BFG fleets on the go

I have only just got back into the game with the release of 5th edition after a 2 year break.

a few works to date

See less See more
#3 ·
After some point less browsing on ebay today I'm planning a side project army. I want to build a full 1750pt army using only OOP (out of production) models.

The army is going to be a marine army I haven't diced what chapter I'm going to do you. I know its not going to be Blood angels, dark angels, space wolfs, Ultra marines or black Templar's. I thinking of Crimson fits or some thing of the like.

Because of the use of older figures I think its going to have to be an older chapter. I think this will be a fun product as I love the older stuff that GW has put out

Here are some photos of the type of stuff I'm going to be using

The bulk of the troop are going to made up from the rogue trader box set (the first ever plastic marines)

these are some of the metals just to give you an idea

and the rhinos and predators

#5 ·
All the stuff will have to be second hand so yip every thing will come from eBay. Most the models are 15+ years old so there is no chance getting them new.

I like the idea of Imperial Fists. I think it will have to be one of the first main chapters our one of there very close successor chapters. Other wise the models will look out of the place with a more modern chapter paint scheme

I like the way they painted the original bx art ones as Crimson fists

this is the breakdown of what you get on the spurs

#6 ·
Hi, I shall be following this thread with interest as I recently dug out my old space marine minis that came from the exact same set. They are a little on the small side when directly compared with the current minis, but at a distance don't look out of place. Ive converted a lot of mine to CSMs as I like the archaic look of the power armour.

#8 ·
After losing every eBay action today I'm regrouping and make a new watch list.
A good friend of mine has invited me over. Hes is what to sell all his GW, FoW and 1/72 gear but as he is to Rich/Lazy he doesn't want to do it him self. So I'm going to see whats in it for me.

Good new is I do remember him having these kicking around in a box IIRC hes got the original metal thunder hawk as well. Hes be collecting GW stuff since at lest '87

I have decided on Crimson fists for my army

I've spyed some RTBO1 marines, real old school metal scouts and a few techmarines on ebay so here's hoping.

#10 ·
Z_Man, I think I have some of the named models in the above post. I know I got a lot of OOP stuf, maybe even a few OOP land Speeders and bikes. We will have to catch up over a game some time soon though I was thinking of doing the same and making an OOP Emperors Scythes force admitedly it would be more of a strike force and less of an army.

#12 · (Edited)
#22 ·
Here is a quick update.

Ive got some models now round about 400pts.

here are some photos. the oldest models in '85 and the newest is '91 this is the age gape that I'm try to keep in

Ive got all the bits that are missing from the plastic marines in my simple green container

#23 ·
Oh, crap, I miss read, Crimson fist NOOOOOOO!!!!!

Bah, Its all good.

I like the metal marine in the top left corner, he looks so unenthused about the fact that he is in the middle of a battle (did that make sense), but ive now decided that Im a fan of the old minis, thay look so cool.

looking forward to seeing some painting happening, and when you get a Tank!!!!

-DTG

#26 ·
Wow! Old skool big Up! Looking cool man, gonna be great to see an army made up of just older models. :D

Subscribed.

Any ideas on the chapter yet? Make em rainbow marines for that true ye olden days feel!

#28 ·
Looking good, this may sound a stupid question, but is that all the bits that make the land speeders?

-DTG
Yep, that's all. The orginal speeders were pretty much seats attached to jet engines and held in place by a gun mount.

z-man- I have some mole mortars around somewhere if you want to swap them for actual guard mortars?

#40 ·
I just wanna repeat that it's great that you're doing this. great job. I got an older SM 'dex the other day and i was wondering; are you going to include on of the great old, ugly landraiders?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.