LOCS II - Revenge of the LOCs - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

LOCS II - Revenge of the LOCs

OK, I thought it was about time that we did another one of these. For those who are unsure, or was not present for the last one, the details can be found here: (Locs.. The Mystery Revealed! (Piccis now up))click me. In short, a number of painters, selected by myself and those involved, will be painting a single Warhammer Fantasy miniature and will be selling it off to charity. The previous one did very well and raised over £150, which was donated to the Red Cross. This time, we hope to raise more!

The project will not be started properly until after the UK LO Meet, to give those a rest who brought/painted a miniature for Camel Aid. After this, I have not set a deadline just yet, but this has only just come into conception. More details will be forthcoming.

So, in essence this will be the painting blog for LOCs. Though there will be no restrictions on those wishing to also record their progress elsewhere. So, unlike the previous one, this LOCs is not being kept secret. Now, let me introduce those who have thus far agreed to take part....

Kuffy
    Danjones
    Minus-t
    Jon Quixote
    Andusciassus
    Zentradi
    Leech

NB: Please, do not ask to join in. I am being rather selective, so we can make as much as possible. I am sorry if this seems elitist, but I'd rather we got as much as possible, so we need the best minis from our best painters possible. Sorry.

PS. I will however be running another 'mini exchange' later in the year. So join in then!

To address the painters,

The mini must be from Warhammer Fantasy - or at least compatible with the range and one of the armies. I leave the choice of miniature up to you. You have entire digression as to the size of the miniature (so dragons if you want, or a rank and file or a hero etc) and to what army the mini belongs. Also, conversions are welcomed, hells.. its encouraged! I would prefer to not have multiples of each race, but its not too big a deal if that becomes the case.

You have freedom of choice here, guys! Go for it!

Thank you for agreeing to help out, and thanks to the members for the support these kinds of projects get from you all. I hope you all like we do, and buy it!

Kuffy

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    282 (x5)

I have decided, started to think about it yesterday and I'm going to go for, Sigvald the Magnificent. Its not 100% set, but I will check him out at my local store. So I see how he looks in real. I have wanted to paint Slaanesh colours for some time now. So I think he will do.
    Keep the paint diluted and thin :)
    (first rule in Zentradis book of painting)
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/Zentradi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    467 (x8)

I'm torn between a Beast Lord and an Empire Captain. Hmm. Decisions.

I'll finish the base first. Then decide.
    Cervantes: In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

Great idea!

What a great idea!

I enjoyed reading through the last thread and some of the miniatures were pretty impressive. It's just a shame that the auctions have expired on ebay as it would have been great to see those too. After all how you present and describe a model on eBay is half of the battle to sell it...

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

I would like to announce that, Slorak, Boomer and Da Mighty Camel have agreed to join in with this project. I am looking forward to see this project get under way, I'm hoping to start after the meet. I am considering putting them up for auction in September sometime, so about two months to get it done.

I am considering doing Korhil of the High Elf range. But not sure yet. I want to do something different, something none beardy.

Kuffy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by King Ulrik Flamebeard View Post
    I would like to announce that, Slorak, Boomer and Da Mighty Camel have agreed to join in with this project.
    Yay for us!

Quote Originally Posted by King Ulrik Flamebeard View Post
    I am considering doing Korhil of the High Elf range. But not sure yet. I want to do something different, something none beardy.
    Same here, wanna do something different. I might go for an Ogre Maneater. The 'Paymaster' variant is decidedly awesome. Then there's the Ninja...

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Whens the deadline date?

Im undecided on my model as of yet.

Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

525 (x8)

Sometime in September I think the plan is.

I'll probably go with Lokhir Fellheart from the Dark Elves. That Cthulhu-mask is just over the top cool.
    Will pick up the model during the meet I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

525 (x8)

Update:

I just ordered Lokhir Fellheart for LOCS. He be a Dark Elf, just so you know in case we don't want people to pick more than one model from the different factions.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Da Mighty Camel View Post
    Update:

I just ordered Lokhir Fellheart for LOCS. He be a Dark Elf, just so you know in case we don't want people to pick more than one model from the different factions.
    Awesome pick, DMC, I love that model. Don't disappoint.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast