Librarium Online Forums banner

TK by Nagash - guess it's WiP

11K views 38 replies 13 participants last post by  Nagash 
#1 · (Edited)
Hai Everyone at LO! :)

I'm about to paint my TK force once again after re-spraying almost everything black.

I really HATE the Character models to TK, and so, I want to give my Army a little special look.

[As soon as I figure out how to insert pics, they will come :p] Yay, I made it! :D

I have made a LP wearing the famous Cloak of the Dunes, and a Tomb King wearing additional Magic Items (such as the Destroyer of Eternities and Death Mak o Kharnut) and now I need some advice on what to do next and HOW to do it...

My Skellies will look much like this :) Alot better than they did before :p

See less See more
#5 · (Edited)
Nah, I'm some kind of a TK Veteran you know ;) So I got at least one additional of both...

I make my Characters with the help from the fluff-description section of every item I give them. The Hierophant wears the CotD. The TK wears Death Mask of Kharnut, Destroyer of Eternities and Collar of Shapesh (And, of course, I know this exceeds the points value ;))

The Item combination must NOT be of the normal maximum value, but it have to be fluff-wise. I will, for example, later on make a Tomb Prince with Armour of the Ages, Flail of Skulls and Vambraces of the Sun (which would exceed the maximum with 45 points, however...)

Any Advices or Ideas are welcome! :)

NEW:

After thinking a while, I started to construct my version of the Skulls of the Foe to the Screaming Skull Catapult. Pics of the coming project will come soon...

#6 ·
Cool, i look forward to seeing that Prince! :)

As for a Priest, do you use the SoRav? or maybe the Mighty Plaques, that could be cool...

I converted my mounted Priest to be on foot, check my TK pics album in my profile page for his pic, the legs are taken from a TG.

#7 ·
Here's a start of the Skulls of the Foe that I'm about to create :)

I used Zombie Heads that I would otherwise not use. This is just the base of the finished "model" that will look like a pile of heads, newly taken from the dead Scouting troop that entered Nehekhara first :p (The lightning on the pic can be a little messed up though... My Apologies). This will be placed on field t symbolize that I've bought something little extra to the SSCs.

The Prince will be next project, I just need some material to begin with :)

#8 ·
Ah... I grew tired of painting Zombie SKulls after a while :p So I decided to begin the work with my Tomb Prince earlier than expected.

I made a base of two small stones. I basecoated everything black to later on drybrush the whole thing Khemri Brown (My favorite colour, hehe :sinister:). After that, I washed the stones with Flesh Wash to get the deep "Fantasy-look" on it. As a finish, I drybrushed a small amount of Codex Grey on the surface of the stones.

As you can see, I found many of my parts for this model from Skaven and Vampire Counts. I am right now painting the model, but it will take some time for me to finish it. When he Prince is completed, some pics will be added.

The finished model will symbolize the monstrousity for a Hero having W4 and T5, but will still point at the Nehekhara "Light style" because of the heat in the desert. Any comments are welcome.

#10 ·
Yay! I finally get to see some of your stuff! :act-up:

These characters are looking pretty good mate! Sweet conversions, I especially like the LP with CoD. :soldier:

I guess it is time to show my own stuff soon, but we'll see.

Anyway, I've painted a while on the TP today. It seems to be a great model from my view... :D Hard, but worth the job! :sinister:

#11 ·
Update!

Ah, these days have been alot of work for me :) Me and my brother have made a Gaming Table for Warhammer FB and I will soon enough start doing some terrain to it...

But, I recently finished my Tomb Prince. He is wearing the Armour of the Ages and Flail of Skulls (To make the Vambraces was to hard without help from Greenstuff :p), and I am very happy with the result.

As you have already seen, I have made the TP from random bits from random Armies... Well planned choices :p

The result is this:

My fingers and the model

Hall of Fame

Next projects:

Finish the Skull of the Foe to my Screaming Skull Catapult
Paint some more Skellies
Find a way to convert a Liche Priest on Casket in a similar way as I've done with the others
Make some terrain to the newly made Battling Table

Any idea to a project is very much appreciated! :D

#13 ·
How are you doing the skulls?
Skulls on the Flail: Chaos Black Basecoat. Careful Drybrush Bleached Bone. Careful Painting Camo Green in visible Mouths (for a magic effect, hard to catch on photo). Simple Wash Flesh Wash on Skulls. Careful (details) Wash Thraka Green.

Skulls and Bones: Basecoat Chaos Black. Careful Drybrush Skull White. Careful Wash Flesh Wash. Another Careful Drybrush Skull White.

That's it! :)

#15 · (Edited)
pure epic.

i love the flail of skulls most cause i am a fan of Lord Pharrs story.

have you thought about making the casket 'going off' with the souls STREAMING out from the casket... as well as not so you can switch out the boxes to desplay whats happening ? just a wierd idea... i never glued the actual casket to the base on mine cause i'm not sure if im gonna do something wigdety.

#16 · (Edited)
pure epic.

i love the flail of skulls most cause i am a fan of Lord Pharrs story.

have you thought about making the casket 'going off' with the souls STREAMING out from the casket... as well as not so you can switch out the boxes to desplay whats happening ? just a wierd idea... i never glued the actual casket to the base on mine cause i'm not sure if im gonna do something wigdety.
Thanks alot :)

Sounds like a good idea :) Firstly I need to convert a new LP to the Casket (My original Casket-Priest is somehow torn to pieces and got only one foot left on the Casket-base :p). Then I can try to make the Casket look opened ;)

Any ideas on how to make this, parts to use, colour combo to the Souls etc. are much appreciated! :)

EDIT/UPDATE:

I have begun with the Casket Liche Priest. He's done converted, since I did only replace his arm, and should be finished painted as the next step. The Priest will look alot like the guy on the pic in the Fluff-section of TK that hold his arm out right over the Casket to let the Souls come fourth.

I'm wondering if it could be cool if I would erase every detail on his face except from the mouth... If I make this change, it will be no turning back though :p

I thank you all who are following my Project :)

#23 · (Edited)
Hahahahahaha xD Good one :)

EDIT:

Current project: Casket of Souls, converting and painting in progress... I'm inspired by the picture in the TK Army Book on page 33 for those interested ;) I'm trying to make a Nagash-version of that pic as my Casket, and I promise you all "It will be GOOD!" :sinister: Mouhahahaha

#21 ·
Looks nice Andre :) I accept these, but no more pics in my WiP thread, ok?

I'm not finished since I will not come to my own room in about a month (Gosh I hate it... ), but my Priest is done - not the casket. I know how to do it though, a bit work is all that's needed ;)

I count on being finished with it in about a month, my dozens of "Holidays" kills my Projects :S I have to stay calm and cool ^^

#24 ·
I will let you all have a look at my newly painted (and converted) Casket of Souls! :dance: Hope you like it:

It turned out to take around two months (including school etc...) to convert and paint it. These twelve pics should be enough ;)

Please, comment or ask questions freely :)

//Nagash, Master of the Black Arts

#30 ·
Any suggestions on what to do next? I love to convert
Ahh... a man after my own heart.

Not checked this out for a while so I hadn't seen the casket pics until now. Very nice bud, very nice indeed.

I particularly like the er... well, let's call it the 'wispy' bit under the liches hand. Definately my favourite part of the whole model. What did you use for that mate?

Not that I'm going to steal that idea or anything you understand... :sidefrown:

#29 ·
Thank you very much for your comment :) I was about to add some Flesh Wash to the Guards, but I had no time (due to the dead-line in ToP :p)... So, you're absolutely correct! I will add some skeletl details, as I've done to my regular skellies, on the Casket Guards too ;)

@Phoenix: Flaming Skulls can be hard... I will see what I can do in two weeks (I'm currently far from my dear miniatures :()

//Nagash

#39 ·
Those fingers of Nagash are quite striking. However did you make them so true to life?
What do you mean? :p HAHAHA!

Also! A+ on the cloak of the dunes priest and the casket. Really, really cool.
Thank you very much... Now, when it's easter, I've continued my converting/painting. I'm finished with three Tomb Swarms, and I've decided a theme for my army... Behold: Nehekhara Horror! I'll post some pics as soon as I get over a camera ;)

//Nagash

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.