Sicarius Wip - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sicarius Wip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sicarius Wip

Hey,
    This is my first post if I've done anything wrong I'm sorry,
    Thought Id do my first blog. I really like the Sicarius model so i decided to have ago whilst trying to improve my nmm. Heres what ive done so far.

The cloak still needs more orange highlight blended in because ive only just started doing the right shoulder.
    I've only added shading to one knee cap and a bit of the breast plate although im not too happy with the breast plate. I do like how the U on his tabbard bit turned out. I'm using the colour scheme I got from Durham Red off the relic forums and altered it to include the vellajo alternatives:
    Mordian Blue, Ultramarines Blue. Imperial blue and Black mix. Ultramarines Blue to Wolves Grey.

I'd really like some c+c and some guidance if Im doing anything wrong.
    Thanks
    PS Ill post more picks when I get a chance to update the model.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's resident Yowie Dead Dude Walking's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    272 (x4)

Lemmie be the first to welcome you to LO. I realy like the sicarus model personally and have seen a few people do an amazing job. The little U is great! Will you have the helmet or the bare head for him though?

-DDW
    <----- Dead Dude's WIP Thread, in all it's pant wetting glory! :D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I going to put a helmet on him. I was originally not going to put a helmet on him but I wasn't too happy with the face and then I decided that I proffered him with a helmet on.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    194 (x7)

Welcome to LO, and no you haven't done anything wrong

Though I don't approve of Ultramarines at all, I have to admit that Sicarius is a pretty nice model. Consider me subscribed, I am interested to see how this will turn out.

~ DiW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the welcomes. I've re-done the cloak (its about my 3rd attempt on it, I couldn't get it right). I' pretty pleased at how its eventually turned out. I like how the bestial brown shading has turned out, unfortunately the photo makes it look slightly brighter than it is in real life.
    Here is the new and improved cloak:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Done the front of the cloak, not too sure about it, I think it clashes with the armour too much. Advice needed. I think white might be a better colour or even red like the back of the cloak.
    Last edited by Fightingfirst; July 26th, 2009 at 18:19.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is the new cloak lining. I followed the tutorial the eavy metal team gave in the white dwarf. Tell me what you think:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Started doing the gold bits on the model. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out so far:

C+C welcome

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    125 (x3)

looks amazing, really like the brown shading on the cloak, will have to build up from brown for my reds in future..

white looks damn good, but i would build up from a yellowy colour like bonewhite rather than a blue colour like space wolf grey or shadow grey, looks too similar to the highlights on the armour, a bone shade would link to the accent colour of gold.. well your choice anyway

keep it up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well thats too many people telling me the shade of the inside of the cloaks wrong on various forums for me to be right with the shade I've got now . Thanks for the comments Ill change the cloak lining when I get some more time to what every one suggests to a warmer creamy white colour.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast