Comm_Nagom's TABLETOP QUALITY marine blog - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Comm_Nagom's TABLETOP QUALITY marine blog

You heard right, i'm aiming to paint my whole space marine army to just tabletop quality! little minor defects and things like highlighting are of no concern to me! just quick, ok painted marines!

I decided to just paint them to a tabletop quality because i was tired of it, people would always comment on them before a game like "wow those are really poorly painted, you should do some highlights/washes/detail work" and to them i simply say, "Does a better paint job improve their armor save? Does it make them better in Close Combat? Or at hitting things with their bolter? NO? Then stop commenting and play the game!" so now, i'm just painting them to a good, gaming quality, as that's what i got into this game for in the first place! i didn't start marines for the modeling or painting aspects, i did it cause i like their fluff, and their play styles.

Ok enough of my blathering... I started writing some fluff up for my new DiY chapter, and i decided to paint up 3 (thats right 3) Test minis, i wanted to test how the scheme would look on some marine, needless to say i'm very pleased with the results, for your viewing pleasure i present my scheme:

and now on to the Mini's:

Group Shots:

and some single shots:

i noticed that there are some flaws as i was editing the pictures... i might go back and fix them... but then again, they are so small, i might be able to live with them..

C&C as you please, i'll take all kinds (even the "those are RUBBISH" kind, i'm not picky)

oh and note: i did not paint their eyes and would like some feedback on what color i should make them

please click my eggs & dragon hatchlings:

Ignorance is bliss

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok so i got the first three models finished and all, tell me what you think:

here are the other 7 tact members with the first 2 colors done:

and a sneaky peak at my "True-Scale" commander (can you guess who he is supposed to be?):

ignore the scout with the gun to his back, he's just holding the jump pack on haha

Ignorance is bliss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another Update:

First Tactical Squad is done! well until i base them:

and here are some close ups of the sarge and his second in command:

Ignorance is bliss

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    282 (x5)

I like the scheme, and the quality is ok for gaming. Still I think you shod spend a little more time on the faces. They are a really important peace and most faces are seen on officers. Maybe use a wash and some quick highlights? It will lift them alot. I also think you shod use a grey and paint some lining on the black clouts, for the same reason.
    Keep the paint diluted and thin :)
    (first rule in Zentradis book of painting)
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/Zentradi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    397 (x6)

The marines look good (an interesting color combination). I know you're not looking for advice on taking your painting to the next level but I do have a few suggestions.

The first one is to neaten up some of your colors - a few of the models have colors on places where they shouldn't be and the models would look a lot better if you neatened up some of that.

The other suggestion I have is to make sure that you're covering the white undercoat. The first three models don't have much of an issue with this but the latest batch of seven have lots of places where you didn't put any paint at all. This is a lot less of an issue when the undercoat is black (it looks like shading then) but with the white you're using the models just look unfinished.

They are good looking marines though, especially the first picture in your second post - the blue was a nice choice for their eyes.
    General Project Log Things I Paint
    Seeing Red A Khador Log
    Stuck Between Stations My Blog

+ Reply to Thread