Almberg Saim-Hann Eldar [Tale of Painters] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    149 (x2)

Almberg Saim-Hann Eldar [Tale of Painters]

Hello everyone!

I'm a participant of the ToP 2009-2010. I will be painting Saim-Hann Eldar. At first I have a list of 1500pts that I already made before I even knew about this project. I'll first complete the this 1500pts and then I'll see what more I want in my army to make it up to the 2000pts.

Decided to start this blog up now just because I felt for it and be ready and maybe get some people to follow this blog.

So a little information about myself maybe..

I'm 20 years old and I live in Sweden near Stockholm. The first model I ever painted was a Black Templar the day before I turned 12 years old. I haven't been into the hobby since then. I got thired of it and then I came back and so on.. For now I love painting and hope I will forever. I've never had a completed army. I had 1000pts Death Guard which I still have but I hate that army because I painted it very fast which made it look like !"#¤%. So hopefully this Eldar army will be my first completed army that I enjoy looking at yay! I have lots of Space Orks aswell that at some point will turn into an army. I want a Black Templar army too. I want many armies lol.

Anyways hope you enjoy this blog. I won't post any WIP pictures. I will just write my WIP progress and post pictures for every deadline.

Here is my armylist of 1500pts that I'll start painting and eventually I'll add those missing 500pts in some way.

HQ

Farseer
    Spirit Stones
    Guide, Doom, Fortune
    150pts

Elites

10 Scorpions

Exarch, Scorpion's Claw, Shadowstrike, Stalker
    212pts

6 Fire Dragons
    Exarch, Dragon's Breath Flamer, Crack Shot
    Falcon, Scatter Laser, Spirit Stones
    253pts

Troops

10 Dire Avengers

Exarch, Dire Sword, Bladestorm
    Wave Serpent, Twin-linked Shuriken Catapults, Spirit Stones
    272pts

10 Dire Avengers
    Exarch, Power weapon, shimmershield, Bladestorm
    162pts

5 Pathfinders

120pts

15 Guardians
    Missile Launcher
    Warlock, Witchblade, Embolden
    170pts

Heavy Support

Wraithlord

Bright Lance, Eldar Missile Launcer
    155pts

1494pts
    ----------
    Here is how my Dire Avengers will look like. I posted this picture in the painting forum so some of you maybe seen it but I thought it's supposed to be in this blog aswell.

I want a good looking models in my army but I still want to paint them pretty fast. These guys probably take maybe 4-5 hours each to paint and I'm happy with how they look and 20 of these will look very cool.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1148 (x8)

looks good mate

ditch the eldar and get Black Templars, you know I speak sense

just kidding, stick with an army till you are done mate, don't get sidetracked by looking at other models in other ranges unless they are to use as convertables

Damien
    If you try and fail......TRY HARDER
    CMoN Gallery
    Dee's Paint Filled Hellhole

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Looking good, can't wait to see more! Consider my subscribed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    284 (x5)

That's some beautiful stuff mate. I got to ask how did you paint the White sash it looks really good!

Not to be a pain but why did you choose Saim Hann as the style for your army? if I look at your army list I believe the Beil-Tan craftworld would fit better fluffwise and colourwise. ANyways good luck and I will certainly be looking here

Cheers CJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

149 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by forumjayz View Post
    That's some beautiful stuff mate. I got to ask how did you paint the White sash it looks really good!

Not to be a pain but why did you choose Saim Hann as the style for your army? if I look at your army list I believe the Beil-Tan craftworld would fit better fluffwise and colourwise. ANyways good luck and I will certainly be looking here

Cheers CJ
    I painted the white sash like this:

Basecoat of Codex Grey
    Highlight with Fortress Grey
    Highlight with Skull White

I kept my paints really thin as I think that's important when painting especially clothes to get a smooth and clean result.

For your other question..

I chose Saim-Hann because I like the look of them. I know fluffwise there would be more jetbikes and vypers and I've been thinking about it. The last 500pts I need to add for this will probably be lots of bikes and a couple of vypers. Jetbikes are so expensive though. I could buy like 12 bikes and that's like 250pts lol. Would look awesome though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    284 (x5)

Thanks for the painting explanation it looks really nice and I will try to get a similair result.

It's something I have considerd myself and I love Saim Hann for their full flying form hence why I have a Seercouncil on Jetbikes and 12 Bikes. you can take a look at my Blog it's linked in my signature.

anyways I think this will be a nice army and will perform well on the table top aswell.

Cheers CJ

p.s. try to order the Jetbikes from www.maelstromgames.co.uk. or Wayland Games - Discount Wargames - Games Workshop - Privateer Press - Vallejo it will save you a lot of money. Or try to get a hold of the Windrider box this contains 2 vypers a Biker Autarch and 9 Jetbikes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

149 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by forumjayz View Post
    Thanks for the painting explanation it looks really nice and I will try to get a similair result.

It's something I have considerd myself and I love Saim Hann for their full flying form hence why I have a Seercouncil on Jetbikes and 12 Bikes. you can take a look at my Blog it's linked in my signature.

anyways I think this will be a nice army and will perform well on the table top aswell.

Cheers CJ

p.s. try to order the Jetbikes from www.maelstromgames.co.uk. or Wayland Games - Discount Wargames - Games Workshop - Privateer Press - Vallejo it will save you a lot of money. Or try to get a hold of the Windrider box this contains 2 vypers a Biker Autarch and 9 Jetbikes.
    It's a really simple method but it looks quite good. I'll definitely take a look at your blog!

Thanks!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1264 (x8)

Will look forward to seing your finished army! Really like the colors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

149 (x2)

I have 3 Dire Avengers finished. It's so nice to see them together. Makes me want to paint more. I'll paint the Exarch now. Woo! Will be fun to paint the power weapon and the banner.

Something that I learned that I irritate me on is that I do freehand on the knees and the helmets and it is so hard to paint the markings in the same size and proportions as the other ones. Looks good from a little distance though. And that's the point!

Anyways.. I'll paint the Exarch now and then another Dire Avenger. That makes 5 complete. Then I'll finish the half completed Wraithlord which actually is red and then you can expect some pictures. I think I can do this until saturday NEXT week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

284 (x5)

Sounds like some creazy progress mate looking forward to see what you do with the power weapons and the banners!

that wraithlord better have a Sword

Cheers CJ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast