[ToP] schnookems' Eldar Alaitoc Craftworld Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

[ToP] schnookems' Eldar Alaitoc Craftworld Army

Hi all! Welcome to schnookems' Tale of Painters 2009/10 thread! I plan on churning out my first full 2,000 point WH40k army of Eldar, Alaitoc Craftworld.

This post is a quick-link reference to all of my posts containing updates (photos or sometimes just text) of where I am at. Alternatively, if you wish, you can view my updates on my blog:

Index:Latest Army Shot:
    To be posted, October 14th
    ------

So as an update of my current army before I ended up dropping out of the last Tale of Painters I joined in for, I completed a full squad of 10 Guardians with weapon platform and 5 Rangers.

Rangers & Guardians

PLEASE NOTE! These two squads will not be counted toward my final point count for this competition.

Last edited by schnookems; October 5th, 2009 at 11:37.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

So! What have I completed so far that I haven't been able to post about (For awhile, my account has been locked from viewing or creating posts, so I've got a bit to catch up on)?

My first War Walker! Took a lot of courage on my behalf to paint my first 'big' model. I'm not that happy with the final highlighting as it is much harsher than I like, but from a far he looks pretty badass. He is pictured without any weapons, as I've yet to finish painting all of them (only done two so far).

My first Dire Avenger! I'm extremely happy with how he has turned out. I'm also still very glad I decided when I began my army of not doing metallics on any of the modles, even though I love painting with them

I have actually done a little more work on this guy since I photographed him, he has a Dire Avenger symbol free-hand painted on his forehead. You'll see it when I photograph the next lot of models I'm working on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    61 (x1)

These are awesome!

Subscribed!
    - Josh
    what am I, the pope?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    278 (x3)

Excellent work mate, glad to see you've come back to have a second bash at ToP! Best of luck!

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

These are quite well painted, the yellow looks pretty good. If its possible to get some closer pictures, that be great. Also, I've always liked this scheme for eldar, its bright and bold. The blue and yellow work very well together. Good work.

Kuffy

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

Looks nice so far. Some close ups will be good.

Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

Thanks for the kind comments guys! My plan is to set up my light-box and studio lights one weekend (I'm a photographer ) and get some close-ups of models for you guys

I'm hoping to get some progress shots tomorrow up as well! Woo! You guys make me pumped to paint!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    282 (x5)

The Swedish hordes here is a perfect banner for them

I like them, I can see what you mean about the war walker, when you get some bigger pictures I can give a little moer feed back. Still this looks like it going to be a awesome army.
    Keep the paint diluted and thin :)
    (first rule in Zentradis book of painting)
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/Zentradi

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Are these guys in an Alaitoc theme? Alaitoc is probably one of my favourite craftworlds, so I like it if so!

Subscribed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Nemesis View Post
    Are these guys in an Alaitoc theme? Alaitoc is probably one of my favourite craftworlds, so I like it if so!
    Yes! I forgot to write in the topic title that my army is Eldar - Alaitoc Craftworld. Blue and yellow, in my opinion, awesome together, so when I saw this colour scheme I couldn't resist

And thanks for the subscribe!

Quote Originally Posted by Zentradi View Post
    I like them, I can see what you mean about the war walker, when you get some bigger pictures I can give a little moer feed back. Still this looks like it going to be a awesome army.
    Thanks! I am doing my Dire Avenger Exarch, who has a large banner flag on his back, so I will certainly consider this for that design!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast