Korhil for the LOCs charity ball thingy - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1148 (x8)

Korhil for the LOCs charity ball thingy

Right well as I have done all I can painting wise to my titan now, and I made a promise to myself that I would start korhil straight after, I did.

Have worked on him this morning, thought it a great time to start using my vallejo paints for the first time

think I need a bigger desk or a box

so to the work on him

Think I will give him skin a light glaze or two to get the general tone lighter, feel it is too dark for an elf, although with his hair and that lion pelt not sure if the darker skin is a good thing

Damien

If you try and fail......TRY HARDER
    CMoN Gallery
    Dee's Paint Filled Hellhole

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    56 (x1)

really like his hair and being a high elf wouldnt look out of place with pale slin imo

kinkeh secks pl0x?! Brother Tiberius's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    118 (x2)

if you go light in the skin tone it will wash out the strong facial features... keep it how it is! I think the face is really well done!!!
    My homage to my time spent at Libararium Online:
    Crimson Fists
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1658499

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1148 (x8)

Cheers guys

Right well after looking at the gold plating on his tunic after lunch I decided it looks poor so redid it and got his breast plate done long with his axe blades

think it is looking pretty decent all in all

Damien
    CMoN Gallery

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

Looks beautiful, I am jealous as always. Subscribed!

Tekore

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1148 (x8)

Thanks Tek

I am considering repainting the blade on the smaller axe as just looking at it, the shading etc on it is out of whack with the rest of the model, my fault for not checking its position properly before painting it

Damien
    CMoN Gallery

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    282 (x5)

He starts to come out good I like the hair and the lion head. The skin looks good as well. I think you shold wait before you lighten up the skin, see how it looks with some more parts painted.

Quote Originally Posted by MrDee View Post
    I am considering repainting the blade on the smaller axe as just looking at it, the shading etc on it is out of whack with the rest of the model, my fault for not checking its position properly before painting it

Damien
    I agree about the the small axe, its well painted but it looks a bit wrong because the place of the highlights. The edge looks right and the cylinder but the part in the middle should be be re directed.
    Keep the paint diluted and thin :)
    (first rule in Zentradis book of painting)
    http://www.coolminiornot.com/artist/Zentradi

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

The axe looks awesome. Really nice.

How much did all the game colour set you back?

When is your mig stuff arriving? I got mine from Belfast the day after I ordered it, awesome delivery time. I got a load of the washes and then some model colour too.

Dan

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    194 (x7)

Dude, that is amazing! Some definite rep coming your way

~ DiW

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1148 (x8)

@ Zen

Thanks mate, so far I think those are my favourite bits too which is good cause obviously your attention is drawn to those central areas. Have repainted the axe and it looks proper now.

@ Dan

Cheer pal, only 2nd attempt at NMM too, well third if you count the bit on that marine's head game colour set cost about £90-£100 was over a week ago I have lots of stuff going on at the moment I can't be expected to remember such things I am sure my bank statement will remind me soon enough though Mig stuff was ordered late friday afternoon so probably tuesday at a guess mate

@ DIW

Thanks mate

Right as I said to Zen above, I repainted the axe, as I thought it was pretty dire in the sense that when I painted it for some reason I thought it was pointing down whereas in reality it is more of a 45 degree angle to the body so when I blue taced it in place the shading was all over the shop, looks better now, oh and I got some other stuff done this afternoon

so thats all the metals done, although I think the gold trim on his greaves need one highlight and one shade more, still have the inner cloak to do (the one inside the blue one - this guy wears more layers of clothes than my nan!) and then all the other bits and bobs on him, but all in all he is progressing nicely

So thoughts?

Damien
    CMoN Gallery

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast