Librarium Online Forums banner

BobaHat's Mordian Iron Guard blog - Cadians to Mordians 2.0

12K views 30 replies 10 participants last post by  King Ulrik Flamebeard 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

A while back I posted a few pics of some of my new minis. I am currently building a fluffy Mordian Iron Guard army (complete with lascannons, ratlings and psykers).

Here are the first minis I have done so far. You may have seen some of them before, but they have been updated and worked on, and either way I thought it better to keep them all together in one blog. Hopefully I'll get painting soon.

4 Guardsmen:

Commander:

2 Ratlings (sergeant ratling on the right)

And here are my two (yes TWO) Primaris Psykers. apart from adding epualettes to the shoulders of the guy on the left I haven't done much conversion work. I posted this pic to prove that the guys at GW don't have much imagination when it comes to making up new minis and poses... The guy on the right is an old Psyker from 1995. The similarities are striking... hehe...

And after having played around with photoshop for a while, here is the colour scheme I plan on doing:

See less See more
Reactions: Morden
#5 ·
Thanks for the comments! Next up: Painting! Coming soon! :)

#9 ·
First painted mini. Apologies for the bad quality of these pics. My digicam is broken so it's webcam for now.

Comments?

#10 ·
Any thoughts on the first painted mini? More pictures coming soon! :)

#11 ·
i think it looks realy good. White is always a strong colour to lead a model with, a squad of these will look really cool on the tabletop. i wish i had your green stuff skills :)

very much looking forward to further progress reports

Kob

#13 ·
Thanks guys! Hopefully I'll get a few more painted within the next few days. :)

#15 ·
Yeah... Sorry about that... :(

I seemed to have forgotten that the LO meet was exactly the same weekend as my fiancee's and my 3 year anniversary... Oh well, maybe next year!

#16 ·
Liking the scheme, looks really crisp and clean. The greenstuffing ain't half bad either.

The one thing I personally would change though is that the trim of the jacket above the belt doesn't match up with the trim below the belt. Is theer some way you could remedy that on the other ones you do as it looks a bit funny. Apart from that one minor thing though, they're flawless.

#17 ·
Right.. Time for an update!

I've painted the first four guys (well, I still need to finish their bases, but what the heck...) :)
I have also converted their lasguns and given them a different look to better fit the old Mordian lasguns:

Here is a pic of a yet unpainted Mordian (the painted bits you see is because I've used bits from various older minis):

Here is a 'Squad Flag-bearer'. I've decided to make one for every unit in the army and they will count as vox-casters. I love the idea of a little flag in each unit, and I also don't really think clumsy vox-casters fit the Mordian theme, so instead they use visual signalling with flags! :)

Here is my first Platoon Commander. I have used the body from one of the old Commissars as a base for this conversion. The rest is pretty straight forward. :)

And just for the hell of it, here is my commander with a nice white undercoat:

And my favorite mini in my whole army!

What do you think?

#21 ·
This is some superb work mate, really first rate! I must admit I'm yet to be sold on the new look lasguns, but the green stuffing and paint job really make for awesome models.

Do you have an overall army list in mind, or are you just converting/painting as you go?

Praetorians, Mordians...everyone knows the better dressed you are the better you fight!

#22 ·
I'm going for a full-on fluffy army list. That means no Ogryns or Rough Riders, but loads of psykers, ratlings and lascannons. The army list itself has yet to be made. For now I'm busy making minis. :)

#23 ·
Update! A few new pics.

Two painted Ratlings:

And here are the first five guys with bases finished:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.