Gedderz salamander army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    744 (x8)

Gedderz salamander army

Well im starting a new salamander army which will have slowww progress. But to start the ball rolling i have a finished model, Vulkan, might as well start from the HQ. Overall i like the model and how i have painted however i think i have done a bad job on the fire especially on the cloak. But still think it will do not going to be stripping to re-paint. I wasn't able to get detail pics and the flash has light up some of the varnish, they will do to show what i have done.

More pics will come when i get more models. Feel free to comment.

Have to add the pics really dont do this model justice

"Should take you a while though because of your sloth like pace"
    Click here and watch Gedderz try and cross the road

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fawking hell james,nice work!

How long did it take to paint this bad boy?.
    Epic Wheen!1!1!!1

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    744 (x8)

Thanks man! It took a good while cant say but a good long time about 2 days?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    182 (x5)

Very nice green highlighting... Also the flames are wonderfully painted!

Well done and you know... We shall be expecting more!
    Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1148 (x8)

Nice model and you have done a good job on it apart from 2 minor points. The flames on the cape are decent enough but I think where it fails is that it is at the same level and doesn't seem to give a fire feel to it. Other point is, why oh why did you gloss varnish it (sorry pet hate)

Was it an enjoyable model to paint?

Damien
    If you try and fail......TRY HARDER
    CMoN Gallery
    Dee's Paint Filled Hellhole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x4)

Very nice job there! I like how you got the flames to turn out like they did on the piece extending from the backpack. Also, the gold looks really good. You're going to make me drop everything to paint up my Vulkan now.

+ Rep and subscribed.
    "Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!"
    -This space for rent-
    Salamander project log

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

744 (x8)

Thanks everyone I’m really happy everyone likes it.

@ MrDee the reason I use gloss is that in the past when I have used matt it has really dulled the metallic’s and made them look terrible! Since then I have used gloss even though, it’s gloss and makes everything shine, I can’t win ;(. I agree with the fire, this was my first try and when I tried to make the flames look flamer like it went wrong so I scrapped it and just went for simple blending, but will be trying again, I will not be defeated by fire!!

It’s a very enjoyable model to paint I loved it not enjoyed and spent so long painting a model in a while. There is more to the model than it may first appear. My favourite bit was the green armour and the cape. The cape while simple to paint (method wise, god knows not based on time it wasn’t!) looks really nice and the colours work well with the green and gold.

@Chirality, glad you like it and got you around to getting vulkan done. As you know i looked towards your salamanders for my inspiration!

Thanks for comments if anyone else wants to add or criticize feel free!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

744 (x8)

Well guys I said this would be slow buying a new car has meant my hobby budget became no existent . How ever I have picked up a single box of tactical marines so will have something up in a week or 2 (depending) on delivery...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    244 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Gedderz View Post
    Well guys I said this would be slow buying a new car has meant my hobby budget became no existent . How ever I have picked up a single box of tactical marines so will have something up in a week or 2 (depending) on delivery...

good to hear!

I actually like the cape, fire is my pet peeve, i think it is corny and unoriginal..... soooo that means the cape, being blended like that, is more of a design for me, and i like it! Style points my friend, style points~

gloss isnt my favorite either, but i like it on this model.

TIP: Try using floor sealant with a splash of Tamiya Dull coat. My friend builds and paints gundams and uses this to protect them. We used this technique on some of my SM troops as a protective coat and it keeps the metals looking metalic but dulls the rest of the paint to look formed and evenly distributed. I like it a lot. (Btw he has an air brush and we put it on a super low setting, applied two coats)
    Last edited by Lani Guy; September 13th, 2009 at 16:33.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

744 (x8)

Thanks for the advice, i also have an air brush so if i ever get chance i will have to give it ago. With the plastic models i wont be varnishing them at all, i never found a need. So fingers crossed will be some good looking non shiney models.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast