Hobby Duelling Leage - Chaos Lord 3-Way Challenge! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Hobby Duelling Leage - Chaos Lord 3-Way Challenge!

Well, as a result of the Hobby Duelling League thread overseen by C/-Rt3r, we have another one of these challenges underway!

The Challenge is between myself, Ilkar and jikil. We are each to paint a single 40K Chaos Lord by the end of September, and then in truth I'm not entirely sure what happens. Some form of voting to determine the winner? I dunno, but it should be kind of fun!

This thread is just to show our progress, should we wish to. And general banter/good-natured smack-talk.

Gentlemen, start your brushes!

Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's hoping I don't come third =P

Doing a Slaanesh Lord for a change, i'll get pics up of the conversion before I start painting properly I think. Watch this space! Good luck to the pair of you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i guess im coming last

any way ill be doing a khrone sorcerer in termi armor ill post a wip pic later

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

If you're both worried about coming 3rd, why not try bribing me! I don't mind the shame and derision likely to befall me for such a result...

On a slightly more serious tone, I'm currently tossing up between a Night Lords and Thousand Sons colour scheme, although I'm favouring the Night Lords. I dunno, maybe I should go with the Thousand Sons so we've got three of the four Chaos gods accounted for. Regardless, it looks like we have some interesting variation for this challenge!

Currently my guy is entirely black so I don't think WIP photos are warranted. Maybe in a couple of days...
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As promised, he's the pic of the basecoated lord that I converted (still getting used to taking pics of miniatures, so sorry if the lighting's a bit off/out of focus/etc):
    Last edited by Ilkar; September 12th, 2009 at 17:14.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats a rather nice model well i gotta find me a working camera then ill post some pics
    Last edited by danjones87; September 13th, 2009 at 08:39.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

470 (x8)

So, Progress!

Yes, I went with a Thousands Sons scheme, to a degree. I began to wish I hadn't when I tried to paint the yellow, although I think I've got it to a stage I'm happy with now.

Not quite sure if the lava glow look I was going for is working, either...

I think I should slow down, though, as I kind of feel like I'm rushing this guy. I haven't started his arms at all though, aside from priming, and he'll look a bit funny without them if the end of this challenge arrives before I get to those!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    104 (x3)

The idea is to put up a voting thread to determine who wins the duel. Really everyone wins though, you get a nicely painted model out of it, as well as sharing work on LO that might not have been seen otherwise. Nice lords there fellas.

The yellow isnt bad Deadstar. I wonder if the blue is done or do you plan to bring it up some more?

I like the pose of the dudes arm Ilkar, it looks pretty neat, like he is sweeping down at something as he speeds by.

Joe Peshi (lone wolf) kill tally:Lash Sorcerer, Ghazkull, Yriel, Termi Libby, Vulkan.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

470 (x8)

I'm not sure on the blue. I was going to wait and see what it looked like when the painting was a little more complete, and make a call then. It does look a little dark though...

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

470 (x8)

Soo... It's rather quiet in here...

Of course, I haven't been helping matters because I haven't been posting updates. But I'm pretty sure I'm close to calling this guy finished. A few areas left to put some paint on, some bits to tidy up...

And the somewhat significant fact that his arms aren't glued on yet, and I don't have any superglue. Well, I have bottles of superglue, they just have all this solid stuff in them, which is of no use to me whatsoever.

And just so this post isn't me blatering, here's a hastily taken shot of this guy's claw, which I'm quite proud of. The painting, that is, not the photograph. Although you probably can't see what I'm on about because of the photograph! Ah well, within a week the full shots should be up, so I'm sure you'll all cope.
    Attached Images

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast