The Revolution is on!!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    55 (x1)

The Revolution is on!!!

Hereby and Henceforth is the new home of my most favorite project thusfar.

THE COLLECTIVE ARMY OF THE FREE IDEAL

or, more commonly,

THE GREAT REVOLT

----

What is the Great Revolt? Well, in my dabbling and creative rambling, I seem to have come up with quite the entertainment for myself. A 40k, Multi-Racial Army, based upon the Ork Codex. As Multi-Racial, I mean, the revolution is for everybody! I have managed to fit in everything from Humans, to Tau, to Eldar, to even Orks into my fluffy list.

Fluff-wise, the Great Revolt is a multi-planetary phenomenon Rebellion that has comeforth to being a full-fledged Sector-Revolt. To not bork up the 'official' fluff too much, I've concluded that there is only one Army of the Free Ideal. The sector is located somewhere within the far-western galactic region. The Entire purpose of this army is to Take the Revolution across the Galaxy into the eastern fringe, To forge an alliance with the Tau, and fight for the greater good. This will explain fluffily all the many battles this army must endure.

Now, I have a story to tell. If you don't like stories, keep scrolling..
    (BRACKETS MEAN HOLES IN THE FLUFF)

The (space marines in the western fringe) Chapter was investigating a strange piece of space-material, that came out of the unknown into their grasp. The material looked much like an Asteroid, but had strange qualities to it. Fully armed, a Captain and his Marines combed the asteroid, expecting the worst. However, all they were to find was a strange vessel, perfectly sized for an Average human. The technology was crude, probably ancient. Strange symbols adorned the Vessel, along with a barbaric form of High Gothic that the Marines couldn't comprehend.

As suspicion overwhelmed the Marines, they made a choice. The four most revered members present would investigate. The Terminator Captain, and Three Sergeants. The dusty old doorway clunked open as a cloud of red dust arose. As they ducked under the door and stepped in, florescent lights filled the room. Their Bolters rose immediately, but they saw no sight of harm. "Fear not, my brothers, but never let your guard lower." spoke one of the Sergeants. What they saw inside appeared to be, at first glance, a very crude form of xenos relics and technology. But apon closer speculation, the images and devices all proved to be human. On the wall appeared to be a crude projector device, with a lit button - They supposed that pressing it would activate the projector. The Terminator whispered a prayer, and depressed the button. The screen lit up, and a voice in the Barbaric High-gothic spoke. The projector flashed before them images totally unknown to them from any of their memories. Great Fields, Vast deserts, blue skies, and Humans. Not humans on some miserable planet, waist deep in soot and Tyranid-gore, but walking the fields, wearing leather, and soon what appeared to be crude steel armor. Soon the four recognized this as a form of documentary, reflecting on the past of this strange planet. Soon scenes of conflict and warfare came up, confusing the Humans. Why did these men fight over their planet? Why is the Emperor nowhere to be seen?

The four continued to watch. For hours on end the Barbaric High gothic rambled on, As the entire history of the planet was gone over. Then, there were images of ancient space-vessels crawling up into space. Suddenly, as the images viewed the planet, and the stars and planets around it, it all came into recognition to the Terminator. It was the home of the Emperor. In a great epiphany, the neurons in the terminators brain went berzerk. Everything came together. Everything happened in his mind at once. All the scenes of free humans, scared of nothing, walking vast beautiful fields, without an inquisitor peering over. Instantly, the fields in his mind were stomped out, as Images of Marching Marines filled his head, with a Laughing Inquisition burning the fields. Then, images of Revolution on his ancient planet spurred up. The Marines were all free, they were once again individual men, and not puppets of a tyrannical regime. "Tyrannical Regime" whispered the Terminator. "What was that, brother?" spoke the Sergent to his left. Before the Terminator could respond, the Sergeant to his right shouted "This is corrupt xenos filth! Humans or not, these are vile heretics, no better than a Black legionnaire!" The Sergant raised his Bolter, aiming for the screen "May the emperors judgment prove this exterminated from our purity." Before the Sergeant could pull the trigger, his entire frame was rattled by the Power fist coming from his right. The other two sergeants were gawked. The struck Sergeant withered on the floor, his spine shattered. Quickly and without word, the Terminator turned, filling the Sergeant that was to the left full of rounds from his storm Bolter, and the one behind him faced the indomitable wrath of his power fist. "No longer am I a servant to this tyranny.." he spoke.

Upon exiting the vessel alone, the Terminator was questioned by his brothers awaiting outside. "Where are the others?" many asked, to which he responded at once, "The power of Chaos had overwhelmed them from what they witnessed within there. I had to follow my loyalty and my orders of the Emperor." a small voice spoke inside the Terminators head, "Lies are the brood of Chaos. Seek forgiveness now, or you shall be forever damned."..The Terminator thought to himself, as if speaking to the voice, "Then damned I be, Damned and free." He then ripped out his earpiece, tearing wires from under his skin. Not doing more than a flinch, the Terminator ordered a tactical retreat from the asteroid, for reasons of confidentiality.

(He was then never seen again.)

And a few quotes I have comprised to give you guys a feel of what these men are standing for.

A Recently inducted Ultramarine Ex-Captain writes:
    " There is a common-misconception with what a Rebellion of this type may be. We follow not the dark methods of Chaos - in fact, we follow nobody but those whom we, ourselves as individuals, deem to be the the most logical way to dedicate ourselves. We are not against the Imperium, merely the Establishment the Imperium has evolved into. I still speak of myself as an Ultramarine - while many of my brothers may resent that statement, I am a man of the Emperor, I am a man for Humanity. I will give down my life if it means to better the Emperor. Yet, the Inquisition, and the Religious worship of our Emperor is my enemy. The fear, and the tyranny that the Imperium has evolved into is what I seek to remove our race of. There is no wrong done with Aliens, and they should be given the value of existence if they prove their worth. This of course removes Tyranids and Necrons of all forgiveness and mercy. So, you see, I am not anything more than an enlightened man who fights for the Freedom and the Righteous Ideal of an Equal Society. Not an evil man, or a Heretic - no matter what the bastardized Inquisition may label.
    Semper Libera Atqui Semper Ultra."

An Engineer, long with the ranks of the Revolt:
    "I respect all methods of the Adeptus Mechanicus. They do well, when it comes to making efficient technology. A Titan in combat is definitely a wonder to behold. Yet, they still cling onto one extreme, detrimental, inefficient flaw. Their attachment to their Religion, and their foolish worship and prayer. Their fanaticism and their prejudice. Technology is not the realm of such suspicion and fairy tales - Technology is everything, and thus everything can be used. Be it built from a Caste of the Tau, be it a Wraithbone construct of Eldar Decent, be it some Terrible mechanization of a twisted Haemonculis, I will use it all. I have no limits, I have no boundaries to my enhancement and production - I am the most powerful Techpriest to walk the universe. Even the Necrontyr shall marvel at my perfect mechanicus."

A Revolutionary Leader's Battle cry:
    "Fight not for me, my brothers! Fight not for the Banner you hold, but Fight for yourselves! Fight for those you love! But most of all fight so that one day, we may all be free!"

ETERNUS DEDICO LIBERATUS

--------

ALL PICTURES BELLOW ARE CURRENTLY WIP

Revolutionaries (Ork boys)

(Man carrying equipment and two Lasguns may count as an Ammo Grot if needed)

(Grenade Launcher Represents Rokkit Launcha)

Warriors of the Epiphany (Nobs)

(Designated as a Standard Bearer of the Revolt - However the Banner broke)

Warboss

Preserver of the Old word (Painboy, Medic)

Open Topped Battlewagon with Killkannon and Red Paint

Battlewagon with Hard case, Zzap Gun, Deff Rolla, Red paint and Extra Armor

So, My eventual goal is to have one of every Ork unit painted - and then seconds or thirds to fill out my army. Characters will have the same profiles, simply everything renamed. The only problem is figuring out what I am going to use for my models. I have all my equivalencies (to be posted when I get home), and some specific models I am going to use. For Example, Nobs are going to be Space marines in poorly kept armor, Meganobs are going to be Terminators with even worse armor. Ork boys are going to be largely human with the occasional Eldar and Tau. Sluggas and Shootas are going to be random Weaponry, most of it run-down.

Last edited by STUGSTUGSTUGSTUG; December 18th, 2009 at 02:12.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

55 (x1)

The Collective Army of the Free Ideal
    Game Mechanical Brainstorming

General Equivalencies

-Waaaaghh! - “This is the Old Word! The Revolution is upon thee!”
    The Battlecry of the Revolutionary Leader stirs up a great amount of passion into his brothers. This is represented as a great charge into the heart of the enemy - fearless and without doubt. However, if the Battlecry roll lands on a 1, the Passion is not great enough, and casualties rise from the failed charge.

-Mob Rule - “Brothers of the Revolt stand together”
    No revolt is strong without numbers, this is represented as the revolutionary’s lost hope when nobody around them is with them.

Unit Equivalencies

- Warboss = “Leader of the Free and Righteous”
    To Represent the strength and resilience of the Ork Warboss, The leader will be an ex-terminator, sworn to the rights of a free people. He will use old or scavenged gear - not embellished or glorified, his leadership is represented by his utmost bravery and inspiring presence.

-Nobs = “Warriors of the Epiphany Revolution”
    Ex-Space Marines, closely tied to their Terminator Leader. Old and Scavenged gear from all sorts of Chapters, and even different races. Waagh banners will be replaced as ‘Statements of the Revolution’.

-Mekboys = “Engineers of the Great Revolt”
    (Sci fi Blacksmiths)

-Wierdboys = “Beholders of the Righteous Revolt”
    Psykers who spawn their energy from the common will of his brethren. The unreliability of Waagh Magic is closely tied to the great passion of a free people. (Man in brown frayed hood and robes. Simplistic)

-Meganobs = “Heralds of the Indomitable Revolt”
    Ex-Terminators, Very Fanatical, Lots of Revolutionary Heraldry, Symbols, and Propaganda. No Helmets nor Targeting systems. Crude repairs, Armor is comprised of different Chapter’s armor. Logos removed and replaced. Combi-weaponry is crude, Obliterator -Style.

-Painboys = “Preservers of the Old Word”
    (Essentially Bionic Medics of different Racial decent)

-Ork Boys = “Revolutionaries of the Free Ideal”
    Rag-Tag Humans with little training, and a lot of Passion for the Revolution and their freedom. Using Everything from Bolters, Las Guns, Chain Swords, etc. To Represent the Equality in the Quality of the weaponry - better weapons Stat wise/Fluff wise will be very worn out and beaten.

-Trukk = “Halftrack”
    (Kitmash between Trukks and 1/32 Halftracks)

-Tankbustas = “Fists of the United Revolt”
    (Bionically Enhanced Anti-tank Revolutionaries)

-Lootas = “Balistas of the True Revolution”
    Considering the comparably small Army of the Revolution - Not all weapons were Capable of boasting a full crew. To keep the Balistas game-legal, small bases must be used. So, Heavy Weapons rested in Emplacements or simply on terrain fired by a single Soldier. Heavy Bolters, Las Cannons, Eldar Artillery Weapons, Tau Heavy Weapons, and Even Converted Defguns will be used.

-Kommandos = “Harbingers of the Old Word”
    Fluff-wise, These Revolutionaries are the ones who Scout new planets for the Revolution to Travel. With their advanced skill of Infiltration, they recruit new members to the Army of the Free Ideal - and eliminate powerful adversaries even before the Revolt begins. During Combat, they are the Shock Troops. Modelling-wise, they will have more Eldar Exodites or Stranded Tau Auxillaries. Other than that, Space Marine Scouts can be used.

-Burna Boys = “Cleansers of the Tyranny”
    (Flamethrower Troops. Gas Tanks and Gas Masks.) These Revolutionaries are focused on the utmost honor to their code. Often, they are more than happy to give their lives to continue the good fight.

-Warbikes = “The Revolutionary Dogs”
    These Revolutionaries are considerably more reckless than their brethren, and have a great deal more hatred towards the Imperium. To represent such, the Dogs have much more of a ‘Raider’ or ‘Freebooter’ appearance to them.

-Storm Boys = “Angel Warriors of the Grand Revolution”
    The Nobs will be Assault Marines. Since they are the toughest of the ‘flying’ lot. Other than that, Everything from Humans with Jump Packs to Vespid Revolutionaries will be used. These Revolutionaries take a lot more pride in their status, and adorn symbolic regalia to enhance their message to the enemies.

-Deff Koptas = “Jetbikes of the Revolutionary Blitz”
    (Assorted Jetbikes with Crude Weaponry) Alike Storm boys, these riders take much pride in their message. This is represented by their symbols and regalia.

-Warbuggies = (Assorted names according to whatever Vehicle it may be)
    (All sorts of different vehicles, kitmashed and Converted to suit the profile)

-Gretchin = “The Orks of the Great Revolt”
    Since the Revolution is attempting a non-prejudice or non-Racist regime, Orks are beings too, and thus, have a place in the Revolution. Being Orks, they are very eager to get into the fight. Runtherds (Restraints of the Eager Revolutionaries) will be Human or Otherwise leaders, keeping the Orks in check. However, due to the Orkish unreliability, these Orks are used in un-favored situations, mostly Cannon-fodder. But fight on they do, just like Orks do.

-Big Gunz = “Artillery of the Revolt”
    Considering the low amount of Support the Revolutionaries receive from other Races, aside from the Tau, These guns are run down. This represents the inaccuracies and unreliable methods of typical Ork weaponry. To represent the Gretchin crewmen, Orks will be included in the Crews.

-Deff Dreads = “The Exalted Champions of the Free Ideal”
    The embellished title is to represent the honor the Revolutionary Army has for its Dreadnaught brethren - and for the sheer willpower it takes for a Dreadnaught Pilot to stand against the Emperor. These will be Run down Dreadnaughts.

Killa Kans = “The Mechanized Revolutionaries”
    Sentinel, War-walkers, Battle-suits, Anybody willing to Join the Revolt is welcome. Their equipment is poorly taken care of, to represent the Killa Kan’s poor construction.

Looted Wagons = “The Revolutionary Outriders”
    Rhinos, Chimeras, Devilfish, Whatever it may be, the Revolt is glad to take Support. Their Equipment is poorly taken Care of, and these vehicles are generally barley functioning, to represent the Unreliability of a Looted Wagon.

Battlewagons = “The Knights of the Glorious Revolt”
    All sorts of Tanks, much better kept than the Outriders, clad with Revolutionary Symbols.

Wargear Equivalencies

Big Choppa = Any sort of Large Weapon - Greatswords, Hammers, etc.

Big Shoota = Heavy Machine guns. Not the same as a Heavy Bolter - but a considerably large Machine gun.

Boomgun = Essentially anything the size of a Demolisher Cannon or Basilisk Cannon.

Bomb Squig = Attack dogs with bombs strapped to them.

Burnas = Flamethrowers of any assortment.

Choppa = Alike Ork Choppas, the Equivalency will be just about anything that is a considerable Close-combat weapon wielded by one hand. The Revolutionaries cannot afford to stick to a uniformed Sense.

Dakkaguns = Simply a Bike-mounted Machine gun.

Deffguns = As explained in the Loota’s Equivalency, these guns will be anything ranging from Heavy Bolters, Lasguns, Eldar Cannons, etc. Crewed by a single person on a Small Base.

Grabba Stikk = A long Whip. As harsh as a Whip may seem, sometimes when it comes to Welcoming Orks into the Revolution, strong discipline is necessary.

Grot-Prod = Alike the Whip, the Restrainer of the Revolutionary Orks sometimes need to remind the Ork which side he is on, and thus, strong authority is very necessary. The Grot-prod is essentially the same weapon the Runtherd Wields.

Grot-Blasta = Essentially, a Slugga. Representing anything the Revolutionary Ork can get his hands on so he can fight for his belief.

Grotzooka = Whatever Cannon the Walker may have remaining.

Kannon = A Large man-operated Artillery gun. Run down, to represent the little help the Revolution receives.

Killkannon = Somewhere around a Cannon as large as a Basilisk Cannon rigged onto a Tank, for greater help to the Revolution.

Kombi-weapons = Either looted from a Space Marine or otherwise, or in the Heralds case, a mechanically installed piece of weaponry.

Kustom Force Field = “The Bulwark of the Grand Revolt”
    A Force field Originated from another race’s technology, probably Tau, Made to use by the Engineers.

Kustom Mega Blasta = A run down Plasma gun, or some form of advanced electrical Weaponry.

Lobba = A Motor.

Power Klaw = Either a Fist or a Claw, anything that could represent it.

Rokkit Launcha = Powerful explosive weaponry from another race.

Shokk Attack Gun will not be used, as its sheer Orkiness is impossible to recreate.

Skorchas = Heavy Flamers.

Shoota = Any Form of two handed Rifle or Light Machine gun.

Slugga = Alike the shoota, this gun takes many forms, but is essentially a run-down pistol.

Stikkbomb = Frag Grenade

Tankbusta Bombs = Satchel Charges
    Tankhammer = “Great Hammer of the Unstoppable Word”
    A very powerful Hammer used to smash the tanks of the tyrannical.

‘Urty Syringe = Medic’s Equipment

Zzap Gun = Electrical Weaponry from a Tau or Eldar Backround.

Cybork Body = Bionic or Mechanical Upgrades to a Revolutionary.

‘Eavy Armor = Run down Power Armor or Carapace Armor.

Mega Armor = Run down Terminator Armor.

Ammo Runt = “The ‘Eager’ and Helpful”
    Orks, or those who are incapable of fighting for reasons unfortunate are left to do the tasks of Ammo Management.

Attack Squig = Attack Dogs trained for the Grand Revolt.

Bosspole = “The Testament of Revolution”
    To represent the Ork rule for this Item, a Revolutionary who has lost his will to fight sees the Testament, and through the utmost guilt, considers to take his own life. However, if the wound he takes is passed, he decides not to kill himself, and either fall back to fight another day, or to continue his fight against tyranny. If the model kills himself, and the unit still falls back, it is considered that the unit was far to terrified to continue fighting to avenge their brother. If the model kills himself, and the unit does not fall back, it is considered that he served as a statement of what his brothers fear they will succumb to, and continue fighting bravely.

Dok’s Tools & Meks Tools = Simply the equipment used by the Character.

Stormboyz Rokkit Pack = A jumpack of any variety that fits on a Human.

Vehicle Uprgrades

‘Ard Case = Essentially an Armor Upgrade that negates the open-topped rule on Halftracks and Knights.

Armor plates = A lighter Armor upgrade.

Boarding Plank = “The High path of the Revolt”
    Since Revolutionaries are always short on ‘Conventional’ supplies and ‘Modern’ methods of combat, it is sometimes necessary to revert to simple, however effective methods.

Deff Rolla = As stated before, the Revolutionary Army is very lacking in just about everything but passion. So, such methods of combat must be undertaken if they are ever going to achieve their goal.

Grabbin’ Klaw = Again, such tactics must be undertaken until a more civilized technology is come across.

Grot Riggers = “The ‘eager’ Mechanics”
    Orks or those unable to fight are given the task of Vehicle repairs. Sometimes, this needs to happen in the heat of battle.

Red Paint Job = “Revolutionary Blitz”
    Instead of red paint, the Vehicle is clad in Revolutionary Symbols, thus making the driver and crew more confident and passionate about the conflict.

Stikkbomb Chukka = A crude version of the Havoc Launcher.

Wrekin’ Ball = As stated above, crude tactics for a poor warmachine - However effective nonetheless.
    Last edited by STUGSTUGSTUGSTUG; October 27th, 2009 at 07:43.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

Wow. This will be interesting. Can't wait to see the models!
    Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

I agree. Sounds interesting. May I enquire as to why Orks over the usual races such as Guard? Also, get some pictures going, or else.

Kuffy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

55 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by King Ulrik Flamebeard View Post
    I agree. Sounds interesting. May I enquire as to why Orks over the usual races such as Guard? Also, get some pictures going, or else.

Kuffy
    Well, not only do I love the rules for Orks, but the Imperial Guard is not only a very popular and expected army, but it is also too organized and is far to well off technology-wise.

I feel that Balistic skill 2 is a realistic number for somebody who has very little experience and virtually no training with any kind of gun. As if they just picked it up and started the good fight. Also, the common ork strength, resilience and lack of initiative is closely related to a very determined individual.

Pictures are coming as soon as the bank works out a kink with my account and manage to order the boxes.

I know what kits I am going to get, I have an idea on how I am going to build everything.

This is by far my most exiting project in this hobby - I've cleaned up my entire hobby area and have all the room for that big box to roll up to my doorstop.

Until then, I guess I should post up some concept art to give you guys an idea and not let this thread stand out to be an undriven incomplete creative ramble (Which, I assure you, is not.).

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

I wholeheartedly support this idea, and decree this army to be great!

Looking forward to seeing this project develop, it should be a lot of fun!
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x1)

Wow!
    +rep!
    Subscribed!

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by STUGSTUGSTUGSTUG View Post
    Well, not only do I love the rules for Orks, but the Imperial Guard is not only a very popular and expected army, but it is also too organized and is far to well off technology-wise.

I feel that Balistic skill 2 is a realistic number for somebody who has very little experience and virtually no training with any kind of gun. As if they just picked it up and started the good fight. Also, the common ork strength, resilience and lack of initiative is closely related to a very determined individual.

Pictures are coming as soon as the bank works out a kink with my account and manage to order the boxes.

I know what kits I am going to get, I have an idea on how I am going to build everything.

This is by far my most exiting project in this hobby - I've cleaned up my entire hobby area and have all the room for that big box to roll up to my doorstop.

Until then, I guess I should post up some concept art to give you guys an idea and not let this thread stand out to be an undriven incomplete creative ramble (Which, I assure you, is not.).

That's a fair answer. I was just curious as to the choice of orks, but I can see why now. Nice idea. I look forward to seeing this grow.

Kuffy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

Looks like a pretty great idea. Can't wait to see the pictures!

Tekore

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Consider me subscribed.

This looks like a lot of fun.
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast