Rab53 TOP Dark Elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rab53 TOP Dark Elves

Meant to make a thread for tomb kings originally, but as they got stolen thread is now dark elves.

Just done 1 test model so far, not 100% sure on the blue though. Any other colour suggestions would be appreciated. Still need to go out and buy a new pot of badab black and ogryn flesh but other than that heres a tester model.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x1)

Since my own (undead) army got stolen I share your pain there bud. Kinda killed my enthusiasm for the game for a long, long time.

The test model looks great but I know what you mean about the blue. For all it looks good, I wonder if it might look a bit too... 'high-elven' when your army is viewed as a whole?

Of course, if they did then there's nothing to stop you using them as both HE or DE depending on how you felt at the time. Since you had an army stolen, two for the price of one seems like good karma to me.
    Because Sun Tzu would play Tomb Kings...

has a ca-fading facade Jackmoddle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    223 (x4)

I think he looks good but you're right, he's too high-elven. I think it should be more of a regal blue, with dark purple washing. I wouldn't worry about that being too dark since you've made the armour quite light, and the contrast would be nice. Your highlighting looks good, though.
    Honey badger don't care.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

I actually really like that blue; all too often, Dark Elves are painted in blacks and purples, and they really start to get boring. But you've got a nice, bright scheme going that I think could work really well in a larger force.

Looking forward to seeing what else you come up with, but +1 vote to keeping the bright blue!

As an unrelated side note; next time you take photos, try to zoom in a little more on the model, and/or crop the photo so all that extra space isn't around. Makes the photo way too big and the model looks tiny in the dead center.

Subscribed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay had a little play with some blues.

I quite like the middle one really.

Only looking at the blues here, ignore the armour itself thats just playing about

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x3)

Yes, the middle one does look good. But I for one reckon that it would look good to have the blues varying a bit. This would make your men look more individualistic, and still keep them tied together as a unit.
    2500 points of Empire for ToXG: Points painted for month 4: 0 Points painted overall: 510

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    82 (x1)

My vote is 100% for the right one. There is some visible blending and highlighting. I just think it's much neater and nicer. Now if it fits with Dark Elves, that's another story.

Really well done though.
    Black Templar (W/D/L): 4/6/2
    Dark Eldar (W/D/L): 4/1/0
    Warriors of Chaos (W/D/L): 3/0/1

+ Reply to Thread