Spammies WiP Tau Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    572 (x8)

Spammies WiP Tau Army

Yep. Yet another one of my many army logs!

(I'LL EDIT THIS WITH FLUFF AS SOON AS I CAN)

Here's the start of my tau army. The army is designed around Cityfight(due to that being my board at home) and only one thing painted so far!
    Let's start with some conversions shall we(My favourite thing!)

First is my commander, and possible entry for GD next year. The conversions should speak for itself so far. Still a WIP. I really need a guard head that looks like he's screaming in pain

Next up is my custom sniper drone spotter. I figured that lugging that huge bulk of a spotter around a city would be lethal, so i opted for a more handheld version.

Now my custom kroot shaper, with pulse rifle.

Here's my Ethereal's honor guard WIP. They all have 'loin cloths' to show then apart. They'll also have a slightly modified colour scheme.

And now for the first painted model! This is what the Honor guard have the 'honor' to guard.

I'm pleased with the ethereal so far. He's nearly finished. Just needs a base and some touching up.

Any C&C is greatly appreciated guys! (And much needed :p)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Spammy you've outdone yourself with that commander.

As for the guardsmans head; you should be able to find a hemetless cadia head in the normal cadain infantry box; he's in the process of yelling something, yelling, screaming, they all look alike in the grand scheme of things.

Glad to see you did my idea with the honour guard robes, I would have had them wear more of a toge like robe -maybe over one shoulder and down, but it looks good none the less.

Keep it up +rep

The Emperor Protects
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    572 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by kevin vanrooyen View Post
    Spammy you've outdone yourself with that commander. I'll assume you mean the conversion. Not the ethereal No one likes spammies Aun

As for the guardsmans head; you should be able to find a hemetless cadia head in the normal cadain infantry box; he's in the process of yelling something, yelling, screaming, they all look alike in the grand scheme of things.There was one. I have none left. Actually I do! Time to get that head!

Glad to see you did my idea with the honour guard robes, I would have had them wear more of a toge like robe -maybe over one shoulder and down, but it looks good none the less.3 reasons, 1 it's a bit too unpractical for tau, 2 I want a lot of armour showing. 3. I really can't be arsed

Keep it up +repYay! Rep is like coke(the drink) Really bloody addictive, and bad for your teeth.

The Emperor Protects

thanks kevin

That Which Has No Time Red Archer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

531 (x8)

Hey Spammie,

good work!

The commander project is grand.
    I like the idea, but if you want to enter GD with it I recommend adjusting it a little. It's just my personal opinion, but I think the diorama would look much better if the commander were in a more upright position (or leaned towards the guardsman instead of away from him) and if his left hand gun wasn't held up all that high but instead pointed a bit lower. Don't know if you can still easily change it - if yes: give it a try!
    As for the guardsman's head: the only idea I got at the moment is the heads from the deathwatch killteam conversion kit. They are screaming, but it could easily be a scream of death, I guess...

I like the ethereal! Looking forward to pictures when the rest is painted too.

Keep it up, mate!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

That lot look good. I think the boss zapping that Guardsman is good. If you want a head try a Zombie head. You could paint it like it's burning from the heat of that plasma rifle and the decay will instead be the incineration of his flesh. You could also add cotton wool to be smoke as the Guardsman gets cooked!

I think you do need to tackle those mouldlines (I know it's a drag sometimes) your work will improve alot if you do that. The Etheral is well done. i think you have painted him up in a way that makes him look alive. The amount of scenery you are using is interesting. I think it's making your models seem more like, they are up to something? The loin cloths are a nice touch for the Etheral's lackeys. Good work, do more.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

572 (x8)

The moldlines are all gonna be removed in one large batch!(Insane, i know!)

Thanks for the comments leech. I like the idea of a zombie head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

Another army Spammy? My word! The big conversion looks good, the GS looks nice enough, but the one quibble I would have is with the flying base- you never see those horrible stems in a GD winners selection, they've always come up with another way of supporting the model.
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

572 (x8)

That's there while the glue dries... it's supported by the building underneath its foot, and the paperclip in the guardsman.

It's only temporary :p

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    979 (x8)

I quite like the Ethereal, although I would say he's a little too 'drybrushy' to be totally convincing at the moment for me.
    Try giving his cloak a wash of blue, then re-highlight up to white, and see if that helps him out at all...?

The red is also a little flat, work your way up to orange towards the edges, or if you don't want to go brighter, try (and stick with me here) a green wash in the recesses to darken them down a little.

I like the skin a lot, he looks very tau-ish.

-t.
    minus_t's painting log! Now with: More Wolves and Blue Robots!
    Last updated 09/01/11

"Never before has another man made me want to go out and buy vasaline"~The Paint Monkey

"All I can remeber is Hazard stripes and -T's dusty brushes. ~danjones87

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x3)

These look sweet spammy! I love the crisis suit commander, one tip for dioramas is if you have eye contact with the two combatants it really enhances the realism. Unless of course his face is getting fried by plasma , in which case don't worry about it.

I agree with -T, a little bit of blue in the recesses would liven it up alot, try a wash of asurmen blue, re-highlighed up to white, that wash kicks-ass. Your painting is improving at a crazy rate. Keep up the good work mate. I wanna see more!

Cheers and rep.
    Knight

Add me! Let me know your forum name too! =)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast