Land Raider Crusader MIN PRODEJECT (PIC HEAVY) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x1)

Land Raider Crusader MIN PRODEJECT (PIC HEAVY)

This is the second Lander Raider and I was in to much of a hurry to build the last one so now I'm going to take the time to build this one properly and add some real flair to it.

It is also going to double as a build review of the kit as it is still one of my all time favorite plastic kits

First look in the box: The kit consists of seven highly detailed sprues. The three new Redeemer/Crusader sprues as very nice with some new details like vehicle sized purity seals and and crux terminatus.

I'm building it as a Crusader for my fledgling Imperial Fist army.

Body : I stared by removing the main body parts to clean them up and start painting the interior detail. I also used a 1mm drill bit to drill holes in the side door hinges so they can be opened, and magnetised both the doors so they stay closed for gaming.

For the new hinge pins I used a paper-clip (approx. diameter 0.8mm). I then stripped some domestic electrical wire and wrapped a strand of the copper around the paper-clip 3 times, twisted the ends using my pin-vice to make a hinge. Six of these were needed to service all of the doors.
    On the body of the LR I drilled 3 holes where the door pivots on the body and glued them in place.

Interior: I sprayed the interior with Codex Grey with an airbrush, then painted the detail and used appropriate coloured washes. The grey wash given an overall wash with Badab Black then sprayed with a matt varnish (had to buy a new brand as they were out of my usual, and to my disappointment it is not very matt!).

Body: Body was assembled and masked to prevent over-spray getting on the inside. I sprayed the body with Bubonic Brown.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    467 (x8)

Looking good.

Subscribed.
    Cervantes: In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd.

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

Yeah, this looks tasty. Subscribed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    397 (x6)

I love Land Raiders, and I'm interested to see how this big, yellow tank takes shape.
    General Project Log Things I Paint
    Seeing Red A Khador Log
    Stuck Between Stations My Blog

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

very nice, what's with the subscribed comment? i don't understand what it means XD.
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

His jetbikes are many. Mayor Quimby's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    338 (x4)

Looks very good so far. A step-by-step guide about a yellow tank will be very useful to me, since I am collecting an Imperial Fist army.

I will steal your technique for making hinges for my vehicles... thank you for sharing!

+ Reply to Thread