Sneaksy and Tribe of the 8-Legged One... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Sneaksy and Tribe of the 8-Legged One...

The beginnings of my Forest Tribe project. What follows will be the pics from updates over time. Eventually the final poduct will be shown.

WARNING WARNING WARNING!!! There are a LOT of pics in here. This is a progression thread made from a thread I started elsewhere. So there are no dates attached, just realise these are pics over the course of time and ARE in order as they occurred~!!!

C&C is awesome, and I read EVERY comment! Let me know what you think!!!

Wire and whatnot:

Little putty and some minor work:

More Putty, needs some refining now:

Small army shots:

The Pride and possible centerpiece of my army is the gigantic spider, it really starts to take shape and come out to be what I want over the course of my work.

Small update of the monstrous Spider. Nothing crazy just some minor details. Will probably do some more to him/it later sometime. But wanted to get it to acceptable status! Here it is!

Ok, here is pics of the gigantic Spider with a small altar/chair/support to be mounted!

And here is SNEAKSY is all his Sneakiness!

Pics of Sneaksy mounted on his Gigantic Spider. It will show that you can use any other character on a 20mm base can ride this beast as well.

Front:

3/4 Angles:

Top:

Rear:

Sneaksy with his Spider + Base = Fun, fun, fun!

Anyone else agree?

I aso got 30 x Gobbo Spearmen put together last night.

So my list looks like this:

Sneaksy + Gigantic Spider
    Shaman
    30xGobbo Spearmen + Full Command
    30xGobbo Spearmen + Full Command
    12xSpider Riders + Full Command
    6xSpider Riders + Musician
    6xSpider Riders + Musician

So as of right now, this is the size of what I have ready to hit a table:

Well, today I laid some paint down, to see how I would like my choice of paint scheme! I did the skin in varying shades of brown, so there is a variety of colors in the Gobbos! Some gobbos share the same color skin, but there is some mix in there! Tell me what you think! This model is 75% done minus the base! Bases are still being figured out!

One unit down, well mostly! Not based yet, but the models are painted at about 80%, definitely tabletop legal. 3+ colors on all models.

So here they are:

Command shot:

Corner shot:

Unit shot:

Not going to take numerous pics of the different units of Spider Riders. They all have the same scheme, so I am going to just show pics of the main 12 Gobbo Spider Rider w/full command unit with maybe a shot or two up close for detail.

Unit shot:

From the Top(if you notice, I kept the orange slightly subdued, but can easily brighten it if I feel like I want to do so:

Candid:

Army Shot as of now(notice, I am saving the BEST for LAST, meaning the unpainted stuff):

All the unit models are done! Base coat, wash, flesh tones, burnt iron on weapons, green eyes, white/orange/brown for loin cloths, and feathers with color at random. Not saying every model is 100% done with being painted, but it is at that 80% I am happy with putting on the table. So basically I will be posting the 3 units of Spider Riders now...

1st Unit:

2nd Unit w/2 pictures(2nd pic to show green eyes, hope you can see it!):

3rd Unit:

Cav Shot:

Infantry now, unit 1:

Unit 2:

Together:

CURRENT ARMY SHOT:

Last edited by APhilmon; December 21st, 2009 at 03:41.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x2)

WOW real cool gobbos there, might i ask how in thw world you got so many spare spider riders?? Cant wait to see more
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>> My Produced Music<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Donations Welcome$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

Looking awesome! Are you using the infantry as common gobbos or nightys? How are you gonna base them?
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

These look fantastic. I'm a huge fan of the white warpaint and the spider icons on all of the shields; very well done! I'm looking forward to seeing Sneaksy in all his glory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

The infantry will use the rules for night gobbos, all because of the use of netters (webbing in this army). So I had to go with the Night Gobbos.

Basing is leaning towards an autumn theme. The army is actually out of the Forests that like east of The Wastelands(which lie north of the borders of the Empire. The gobbos have been "touched" by warpstone and Chaos Winds, thus the occassional spider/gobbo mutation.

Sneaksy should be getting done sometime today or tomorrow. I have him and Varsnik(the shaman) primed up and now base painted with a light brown. Same process I used on every model in here.

I am just anxious about painting the gigantic spider, mostly because of trying ot figure out a color scheme.

Glad you all like it so far! Suggestions are always welcome, currently I have the following ideas on my plate:

I was thinking about the spider-centaurs. Should be a fun project, just need 6 of them really. They can use the Savage Orc Boar Boyz rules, just to give some punch to my army.

I need to locate a few Trolls(3) to convert for my use as Spider Trolls. So then I am going ot just try to do some more h/w shield gobbos, units of 25-30 for the rest of the army. Of course a Giant may find a way in!

I also have all the pieces needed to make 25-30 h/w and shield forest gobbo. So will probably be working on that this week.

I got all the spare gobbos and spiders from some people who didn't need em. Bought them for real cheap, and ordered some of them from e-bay(just the riders). I actually ordered 60 of them at a time, and had about 30 from another deal.

Enjoy!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x4)

What colors are you using for your goblin skin? I really like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    321 (x8)

Sounds cool. You could use somde spare spiders and beef them up a bit to be trolls.The vomit attack could just be some kind of toxic acid.

I like the mad spider centaur idea. Do you have any plans for them? would you use orcs as the hybrid part?

Also, do you have any ideas for fanatics? I've seen some great forest gobbo conversions with lumps of rock on the end of vines. Don't have any pictures though.
    http://www.armyroster.com Check out my ToP WIP in the projects section!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Here is my skin formula:

On my "natural" skin tones I did the following:

Primer white

-Base coat(entire model) x7-8 Gobbos with "territorial beige" from Delta Creative(Ceramcoat) Paints.
    -Base coat approx x7-8 Gobbos with a mixture of 2/3 "territorial beige" and 1/3 snakebite leather(GW).
    -Base coat x7-8 Gobbos with a mixture of 1/3 "territorial beige" and 2/3 snakebite leather(GW).
    -Base coat remaining in the unit with snakebite leather(GW).

"Wash" with "Smoke" from Tamiya(Semi-Gloss).

Using slightly watered "territorial beige" from Delta Creative(Ceramcoat) Paints I then I then went over all skin areas on EVERY model. he paint is opaque, so it doesn't block out the color beneath, it kind of gives it a nice dusky look. The snakebite leather will come out looking a little less orange, and a head towards a more earthy color!

I definitely have considered using Orcs as the body/torso, and using Gobbo heads. Kinda of like over muscled Brutes with spider-like lower bodies.

The fanatics are definitely thought about, what with stones and vines. I even have a possible mock-up at home, and was going to make that a little suprise. I wanted to make a variety of Trolls. One that was on two legs, but had 6 arms total. One that is a mix of troll upper body and spider lower body. The final one is still being worked out, but I will come up with something!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

really awesome scheme you got there. im impressed.
    leave the moderating to the moderators

if pro is the opposite of con, does that mean progress is the opposite of congress?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Thanks a lot! Feels good to hear about someone being impressed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast