whaaagh Gazgar, vidrians O&G - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

whaaagh Gazgar, vidrians O&G

Hey everybody

A few months ago i started painting some orcs with the use of some new painting techniques ( atleast new for me that is) and with some bright colours and alot of washing i noticed that i was having alot of fun painting these orcs and i loved the sceme, so i decided to start a little Whaaagh of my own!

Whaaagh Gazgar!
    Over the past 5 or so months i have been buisy buying, converting and painting alot of orcs but mostly goblins. Goblins are in my opinion by far the coolest race in the warhammer world and i love painting these little buggers.
    still i started this project from a collecting point of view: buy what looks cool, painting it and see if i can use it in one way or another. and i haven't played alot of games yet but i've tried out alot of things that just look cool to use and sound like fun. A fun way of gaming but not a very competitive way of building armylists, so i lost every game up untill now and will probably continue to loose for a while...but who cares! because these games have been the most hilarious, weird, unexpected and fun games i have ever played!

So here is a list of what i have laying around painted or already coated:
    2 Orc bosses
    1 Orc BsB
    3 Goblin bosses
    1 Goblin boss on giant squig
    3 Goblin shammans
    3 Goblin bsb
    24 orcs with shields
    40 goblins with shields
    20 goblins with bows
    4 squig herds
    10 squig hoppers
    2 scratch build spear chukkas
    3 fanatics
    1 Doomdiver

Most of this is is painted and finished or still needs some static grass.

So it's about time to show you guys what it all looks like:

Orc big boss:

Goblin bosses

Goblin shammy's

Goblin boss on a giant squig

Orcs

Goblins with shields

Goblins with bows

squighoppers

scratch spearchukka 1

Fanatics

Orc BSB

Goblin BSB's

these goblin bsbs each have a magic banner: big red raggedy banner, Bad Moon on a stick, Spider banner
    The squigherds and doomdiver have not been captured yet and the other spearchukka is in black undercoat ( making it impossible to see)

it's a very simple and straigth forward sceme for all of my models, but if i ever feel like giving them more detail or freehands i can just pick them up and do it!

My plans for the near future are:
    10 converted cave spider riders ( nightgoblins on top)
    20 night goblins to make 2 units of 30 gobbo's
    1 goblin hero on a giant cave spider
    20 orcs with additional handweapons
    2 orc chariots
    i have all these models in plastic ( exept the giant spider) so it's a reasonable target for the next 2-3 months.

But after that the real fun starts, going to scratch build some wolf chariots ( onces the new wolfrider models come out) and build my own Grom ( the paunch of misty mountains) with a model from AoW, build my own rocklobba! and maybe even scratchbuild some pumpweagons. and ofcourse....black orcs...

Well that's all i have to show and tell for now, comments are always welcome.

Stay tuned! because this Whaaagh is only going to get bigger!

Vid. out

Last edited by vidrian; January 12th, 2010 at 17:39.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1148 (x8)

now those look really nice especially like the yellow, but all in all they are nice and uniform, although maybe that is not such a great thing with orcs and goblins
    If you try and fail......TRY HARDER
    CMoN Gallery
    Dee's Paint Filled Hellhole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

alright, a little update!

crazy goblins, on a giant slingshot...time for a doomdiver.

I love the model and i wonder how it is going to work in the next game!

vid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    397 (x6)

Great looking army, I love the rich colors you're using.
    General Project Log Things I Paint
    Seeing Red A Khador Log
    Stuck Between Stations My Blog

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

it's been hard to keep painting with the amount of deadlines that i have, but here is something new! i already had half the unit painted but after finishing it, it was time to make some pictures.

today i bring you....squigherds! enjoy!

I haven't tried out this unit in combat yet but i expect good things!

I have also finally glued static grass to all the bases i have!, that makes everything look alot better together.

next up in this log will be : 3 goblin bsbs, spear chukka, new and converted cavespider riders and the goblin hero from the avatar of war range ( love the model, but they didn't have the goblin king in the store anymore.)

stay tuned

vid.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    244 (x5)

A+ work my friend. THe colors are very warm and really contrast the green skin which makes them stick out. Love it. What did you use for the gravel on the bases? I can never get it right

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

I really like your choice of colours. The bright green of the skin works perfectly with the deep purple of their robes. The yellow of the spear chuckkas is a very nice contrasting colour along with the red of the squigs. Great work. I look forward to seeing more.

Kuffy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kuffy basicly said it.
    Love the conversions on the bsb's

Keep up the good work!

Manorr
    "Scream your lungs out!"
    Manorr Stormbreaker, the Silent - Lord of Khorne

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

they look very nice. the best goblin army and most eye catching army that i have seen for some time!
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

Thanks for all the reply's guys! very appriciated.

The bases are rather simple, just a codex grey drybrush and a fotress grey drybrush, it's a matter of seconds, and with the grass it makes up for some pretty decent bases.

as Kuffy said, contrast is the key in my army, simple colours but look amazing together ( if i can say so myself)

i'm not a big fan of greenstuff though so i try to keep my conversions simple and GS free, this is suprisingly easy though with Orcs and goblins. I just wish there was a way i could get an entire unit of goblins with greatweapons! i bet it would look awesome....come to think of it...sounds like a fun idea for my special goblin unit...

you see i'm thinking of building a unit of 36 goblins who are my generals bodyguard ( so they have to be baddass right? badass goblins....sounds like a joke..) but since i love all the cloaks and hate the current normal goblin models i decided to make it a conversion project. i'm just going to use regular nightgoblins, give them all sorts of looted weapons and armour (yeah armourplated nightgoblins) and let them count as normal goblins with light armour and shields. who can resist such cheap models with a 4+ save? but i'll be sure to give some of them greatweapons like the bsb.

Anyway, stay tuned for pics of my newly converted spider riders this afternoon.

vid.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast