Sons of Terra WIP - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    244 (x5)

Sons of Terra WIP

Well..... here we go again. I can never decide on a color when it comes to painting my marines haha Here is a test marine. This is a new new chapter I made up (again, cannot make up my mind!)

Let me know what you think of it so far.

All that is done is the head, I was thinking Dark blue everything with red heads as a Chapter look. As for the blue to use, I'm not quite sure, any help would be greatly appreciated. I have Necron Abyss foundation on the guy as of now.

*Since I use P3 paints, here is a list of them http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o..._mix_chart.jpg *

http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/...2/P1020763.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1148 (x8)

if you want it to remain dark blue then give it a small highlight of 50/50 necron abyss and regal blue followed by a very very fine highlight of regal blue, perhaps ask xbanditsx how he did the blue on the crimson fists.

Damien
    If you try and fail......TRY HARDER
    CMoN Gallery
    Dee's Paint Filled Hellhole

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    397 (x6)

What happened to the pink marines - they were looking great! Not that this guy isn't also looking great, but I'm surprised you gave them up. The helmet is well done with some good shading, although you might want to add a final highlight on edges of the red.

For the blue on my Crimson Fists I start with Regal Blue, then work up to Enchanted Blue, and do a final highlight on the edges with Ice Blue, probably 5 layers in all (base, three highlights, and the extreme edges).
    General Project Log Things I Paint
    Seeing Red A Khador Log
    Stuck Between Stations My Blog

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    244 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by xbanditsx View Post
    What happened to the pink marines - they were looking great! Not that this guy isn't also looking great, but I'm surprised you gave them up. The helmet is well done with some good shading, although you might want to add a final highlight on edges of the red.

For the blue on my Crimson Fists I start with Regal Blue, then work up to Enchanted Blue, and do a final highlight on the edges with Ice Blue, probably 5 layers in all (base, three highlights, and the extreme edges).
    THanks Dee and yes Bandits.... I gave up on them, I kinda lost the liking for the pinkies... As for the dark, decided on enchanted blue, give it a very water feel. Very glad you mention Xbandits Dee, and thanks Bandits for giving me your colors. I'm quite happy with the test marine. I will get more pics up of him, but here are just a few I was able to take. On the right side of his head (his right, our left) is part of a Laurel wreath, it looks good unfortunately I dont know why I dont have a pic of it.

Last edited by Lani Guy; February 6th, 2010 at 18:27.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

244 (x5)

Here are a couple more:

+ Reply to Thread