Storm Spectres WIP - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    244 (x5)

Storm Spectres WIP

Finally have decided on a color scheme and Chapter name. They are all black with silver and as you can tell their armor is worn a way. I tried to make it look as if they are battle hardened and experienced. There is also fluff involved but we will worry about that later

Comments and criticisms pls!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    113 (x2)

Looks good! Nice bases as well.

Only criticism I can think of is that the eyes kinda disappear. An ice blue highlight would solve it I think. Also it might pay to think about some contrasting colour to break up all the black, at least on vehicles. Dare I suggest hazard stripes? Discretely placed of course. The yellow would contrast nicely against the black and the blue eyes/lenses.

Oh, and picking out the emblem on the bolters with copper/bronze/gold/white, perhaps?

I will shut up now, I promise.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    244 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Whodunnit View Post
    Looks good! Nice bases as well.

Only criticism I can think of is that the eyes kinda disappear. An ice blue highlight would solve it I think. Also it might pay to think about some contrasting colour to break up all the black, at least on vehicles. Dare I suggest hazard stripes? Discretely placed of course. The yellow would contrast nicely against the black and the blue eyes/lenses.

Oh, and picking out the emblem on the bolters with copper/bronze/gold/white, perhaps?

I will shut up now, I promise.
    Hahaha it's fine man, keep going I agree with the eyes, trying to think of what I can do to pop them out a little more. The eyes are green, so Im thinking of picking up a brgiht yellow green to make them pop somehow.

Unfortunately I HATE hazard stripes, so that will never be seen on anything of mine haha As for what to do with vehicles, I'm going to do an all black like a BT vehicle, but I too, was thinking of a yellow to break things up like you said or possibly a dark red. Even though all black Vehicles do look very ominious in battle if highlighted well and battle damaged well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    113 (x2)

The eyes are green
    Really? They looked blue or turquoise to me. Is it scaly green? I do love that colour, shame GW doesn't produce it any more.
    If the yellow green is very stark against the other colour, you could try to mix in some of that colour to blend it together a bit. Otherwise, just do what works for you.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

244 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Whodunnit View Post
    Really? They looked blue or turquoise to me. Is it scaly green? I do love that colour, shame GW doesn't produce it any more.
    If the yellow green is very stark against the other colour, you could try to mix in some of that colour to blend it together a bit. Otherwise, just do what works for you.
    They are Iosan Green, I use P3 paints they brush paint better imo. Yeah the stark point is very true. Gonna have to test out mixes and what not right lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    397 (x6)

The silver on the black looks good but I agree with Whodunnit, they need a little something more to make them pop. Maybe something on the shoulder pad trim or the knee / elbow pad armour?

Good start though.
    General Project Log Things I Paint
    Seeing Red A Khador Log
    Stuck Between Stations My Blog

Egg Head Miniatures:fbook And Justice For All's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    963 (x8)

Agreed with previous observations.

Neat which is great but, needs another bright colour added to make them stand out. With the notion of' Storm Spectres' you could do the shoulder pads with bluey grey tones plus a badge of some kind.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

244 (x5)

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

As for a badge, they do have a lightning bolt transfer on them (Their Right shoulder). Another color would be great, but having trouble deciding on what to use.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

963 (x8)

If it's any help the following colours work well with black...

Red, Cream, Blue, Grey, Green.

Apart from the red which should be a strong colour the others all want to be mid/light tones. Nothing dark.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

963 (x8)

If it's any help the following colours work well with black...

Red, Cream, Blue, Grey, Green.

Apart from the red which should be a strong colour the others all want to be mid/light tones. Nothing dark.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast