Boraks Angels. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Boraks Angels.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Boraks Angels.

Right, well i'm subjecting you to yet more Marines so sorry about this. With the new Blood Angel Codex i thought i'd actually get around to blowing the dust off my, built but not undercoated, Blood Angel army. It's been sitting in a case for about 2 years crying out for some paint so here i am.

Hopefully this thread and your constant support/nagging will make me get this army done..

Here's some pictures of my work so far. Company Veterans. There are more but the rest of the pictures turned out rubbish.

A finished model!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking pretty awesome to me so far, I especially like the skulls and wings on the shoulder pads.

Keep it up!

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

*looks at the 'finished model'*

Hm...shouldn't be be black, with crosses on or something? They're looking great. The gold is really well done, its not too new and shiny looking, which is the problem I find with a lot of gold. This looks aged and a bit worn.

I look forward to more!

Kuffy

Egg Head Miniatures:fbook And Justice For All's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    963 (x8)

Nice. Really like the burnished gold. Your details contrast nicely. Looking forward to seeing these based up.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1148 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Borak View Post

A finished model!!

Lies he aint based! Nice use of the emperor's champion and dark angel vets though.

Painting is good too mate

Damien
    If you try and fail......TRY HARDER
    CMoN Gallery
    Dee's Paint Filled Hellhole

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Kuffy: Lol yeah maybe. The pose was completely stolen off the limited Edition templars Champion. I think it turned out alright.

MrDee: Shhh alright he isn't finished finished but the model is finished

Right anyway, sorry it's been so long for an update but i paint rather slowly and i've been dragged around by the Mrs all weekend so havent had a chance to get on here.

Some pics of the Veterans. still not finished but getting these.

First, the apothecary. Not sure what colour to do the sword now that i've done the cloak Red. Silver or maybe i'll just go with Red like the others.

Guy with two Chainswords.

Guy with 2 Power Swords.

Model no way at all inspired by the film Equilibrium

Guy with Ork Axe. Really liking this model now.

Egg Head Miniatures:fbook And Justice For All's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    963 (x8)

Really like what you are doing here. Some nice freehand work. ;-)

Couple obs' if it helps. Get yourself a pin drill and drill your gun barrels out. Really does make mini's look alot better with proper barrels. Only started doing that in the last 12 months myself and I kick myself for not doing it sooner. Also just the slightest bit of highlighting on the black furniture of the bolt pistols will make them look alittle more 'real'.

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

I agree with Justice about the bolters, drill them out. It does look so much better. I really like them, the gold stands out really well. I particularly like the one with the ork choppa, it looks great - the checks are very cleanly done. Great work so far!

Kuffy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    256 (x4)

Wow, those look fantastic. I have to agree with the others that the gold looks really good. The overall tone looks muted in a good way.

If you don't mind me asking where did you acquire the helmets?

Looking forward to more of your work.
    "Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!"
    -This space for rent-
    Salamander project log

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    2052 (x8)

Ok Ok i'll drill out the Bolt Pistols I intended to do so but forgot and sprayed them before i realised. I'll go back and get the drill out. Luckily there's only 3 Bolt pistols in the whole 10 man squad and 2 of those are on one guy.

Chirality: The Heads are from the Iron Warriors Conversion pack. Unfortunatly you only get 2 in the pack and it's £8 (or was). I got all mine when they were getting rid of Part order. I only ordered 50 and i'm gutted i didn't order more. I love those helmets. I don't think you could do those models nowa days unless you had a stupid amount of money. They compromise about 4 or 5 different kits. (Iron Warriors, Khorne Berzerkers, Assault Marines, Chaos Marines, Metal Shoulder pads)

If anyone is interested this is how i did the gold.

Basecoat/Shade: 50/50 Tin Bitz and Brazen Brass.
    -Paint this all over the model. All over. All over it i tell you.
    Block Colour: Brazen Brass.
    -Leave the Shade in the recesesses.
    First highlight: 75/25 Brazen Brass and Shining Gold
    -Paint the large skyward plates like the tops of shoulder pads, top half of knee pads, backs of calfs, top half of arms etc.
    Second highlight: Add to that mix a tiny touch of Mithril silver.
    -Do the highlights.
    Third highlight: Add more Mithril
    -Paint the extreme highlights.

Updates to come shortly. Hopefully i'll get the squad done this week as i'm on late shifts and get the mornings to myself. Hurrah! If you want anything else explained just ask.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast