Forge World Lord Of Change Greater Daemon Commission - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Egg Head Miniatures:fbook And Justice For All's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    963 (x8)

Forge World Lord Of Change Greater Daemon Commission

I've had this commission sat in it's box next to me for a few weeks now knowing I needed to make some kind of start. Just over a week ago I spent a couple of evenings cleaning all the parts of mold releasing agent and getting rid of some of the largest bits of flashing.

This weekend I've actually got something to finally show with the start of the construction. Spent alot of time cleaning the model of excess flash and poor mold lines (of which there are plenty) still lots to do but the main body, wings and staff are basically done, with just a few odds and sods to go back over. I'm confident this model is going to take ages!

My client would like this to be pretty similar to the Forge World paint job.

Thanks for looking and comments, questions welcome as ususal.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x3)

I seen that model on FW site. That thing looks really freaking sweet when finished.
    I am an Indestructible master of War.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

963 (x8)

More progress on the build/clean up of this piece. The detail is awesome....really worth every penny. FW have excelled themselves on this model. However, the complexity of the molding process means loads of work filling gaps, pinning and getting rid of a mountain of flash too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    149 (x2)

Oh, you and all your commisions.. isn't it much stress with having loads of stuff to paint to several customers?

Wow, that's a lot of details on that thing, especially on the wings. I hope you'll put loads of effort into such a great looking model. Will be very interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

963 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Almberg View Post
    Oh, you and all your commisions.. isn't it much stress with having loads of stuff to paint to several customers?

Wow, that's a lot of details on that thing, especially on the wings. I hope you'll put loads of effort into such a great looking model. Will be very interesting.
    I've been really lucky with all the work I've had and might get in the next few months. This client has paid for me to really have the time to make this look great so all the stops will be pulled out. I'm looking forward to getting some paint on this but it's going to be a while. So much to do building wise and other work I need to finish first.

The juggling of work is difficult but with the SH commission complete I can relax just a little.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

963 (x8)

Well, a little further on the journey with this huge piece. Worked on filling more gaps, cleaning more bits of flash, adding the spawn arms and tongues and pining the right arm on.

I've taken a few shots of the detail and some of the modelling issues this piece is throwing up. Great detail. Awkward gaps.

Chilli Fueled Heretic danjones87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1329 (x8)

The joints are horrendous, at least they fit without some warpage.

The model is a very nice sculpt.

Dan

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

Those are some nasty gaps. =/ I look forward to seeing more of this guy, he looks like a beast.

Kuffy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Yeah well those gaps are to be expected with such large resin models. Did you have to deal with any air bubbles?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

963 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Da Mighty Camel View Post
    Yeah well those gaps are to be expected with such large resin models. Did you have to deal with any air bubbles?
    Thankfully no. Not a single one. phew! I've spent alot of time today going over gaps and filling them, pinning some new parts and going through the same process again. I've also done some incredibly fine flash removal. The whole mouth was filled with little bits of excess resin and the fine parts were surrounded in paper thin sheets of the stuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast