The Second Annual 24-Hour Paint-A-Thon Challenge!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    273 (x3)

The Second Annual 24-Hour Paint-A-Thon Challenge!!

This is a call out for the mad, the inspired, the dedicated and the depraved. I challenge you, no… I DARE you to throw caution to the wind and join me in a truly epic endeavor of nerdy magnitude! What in the Emperors name could be so horrifically awesome? If you have the guts, the bravado, a steady hand and an IQ less than 50, then listen… approximately one year (24 Hour Paint-A-Thon Challenge!) the original challenge was handed down: paint 1000pts in 24 hours. Several people contacted me, interested in joining the madness. Well now its time to put paid to the talk. So without further ado, I invite you all to...

The Second Annual 24-Hour Paint-A-Thon Challenge!!

The Background: We all have a lot of little men sitting around unpainted. Armies of them. Some armies need to be painted up in grand fashion to appease our inner Golden Deamon; some armies just need to be painted.
    The Challenge: Paint up 1000 points of toy soldiers in 24 hours. That’s 47.6 points an hour, .75 points a minute. Every six hours each participant should post a progress pic. Cheering, support and smack talk will be encouraged.
    The Prep: If you think you’ve got the paint-pots to pull this off, have your minis all assembled, primed, prepped and ready to go when the gun goes off. Take a pic of all your figs before you start painting so that people will know what you're up to as they cheer you on (or lay down the smack.) Along with the pic, lay out your final list of models to be painted
    The Reward: Only the foolhardy will rise to the occasion, and only the truly mad will succeed. It will be interesting to see how far everyone will get. But for those that go all the way, they will earn fame, glory and a 1000 pt painted army!!! -Painted by the winners of this challenge (themselves.) They will also have the joy of knowing that they have officially moved two rungs down the nerd ladder.
    The Date: The challenge will be set for one month from now. April 24th. Depending on what kind of response we get, exact start & stop times may vary.

Many will be daunted, afraid even. But if any among you have what it takes, I challenge you: rise up, prep your palette, grab your bare figures and carve out 1000 points upon witch to lay your paint!
    I dare you.

The Few, the Proud, the Participants:

LilTweaker
    Orcs and Gobblins

Kororizon
    Chaos Space Marines

Hraka
    Tau

stayscrunchyinmilk
    Chaos Space Marines

Tekore
    Beastmen

Sir Spamalot
    Necrons

Librisrouge
    Space Marine

Cyric the Mad
    Dark Angels

dinodeanpostcat
    Grey Knights

DemoMarine
    Space Marines

-Jake
    Daring Monkey

Last edited by Lil Tweaker; April 20th, 2010 at 04:11. Reason: update

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Even if I can't take part in this (I'm not sure if I have 1000 points of models lying around - probably not from a single army, at least...) I'm not missing it.

Just a few general questions while I'm here...

1) Does it matter if it's not a single army (i.e. minis from two or three armies) but is still 1000 points?

2) Can you start with primed models or does everything have to be paint free at hour zero?

3) Can you guarantee I won't go mad, or will you at least pay my medical bills if I do?
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

Oooo this sounds like fun, sign me up. Just one question, like Deadstar said, can they be primed before you start or no painting at all until you begin?
    Previously Kororizon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would be willing to try this. I have two questions. Can they be we pre-primed? Is the preference for 40k or can I use WHFB?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1148 (x8)

Jake you are absolutely mental, but awesome at the same time!

Although I would love to do this I sadly don't have the time

But I look forward to seeing how people do in this.

Damien
    If you try and fail......TRY HARDER
    CMoN Gallery
    Dee's Paint Filled Hellhole

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes? Cyric the Mad's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    706 (x8)

A chance at redemption! I accept your challenge, you foolish monkey!

Now where did I put those paints...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

I'm actually feeling quite psyched about this as I usually suck at meeting deadlines (just as my math teacher!). So I think this will be just what I need to actually get a decent part of my new CSM army painted.
    Previously Kororizon

Keeper of Records and Ale King Ulrik Flamebeard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1372 (x8)

I'm not going to join, but I applaud your attempts at it. Nice going there dudes.

Kuffy

Senior Member stayscrunchyinmilk's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    370 (x8)

If It is on Saturday, April the 24th, and primed models are ok I will join in.
    I have a CSM army, primed, modelled, awaiting painting (err... since last xmas) that seriously need a start.
    They deserve love. They deserve care. They deserve BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!!!
    Christ, I'd best get alot of Black, Purple, Red, Red, Red, Gold, Red and Red wash in. and maybe some pink.
    I assume kick off will be by a photo on a newspaper (with date) and the finish will be on same?

Edit: And two rungs DOWN the nerd ladder? I prefer the escalator, up.
    Do we get a special badge for winning? Like a slightly messy one.
    Last edited by stayscrunchyinmilk; March 19th, 2010 at 19:09.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

Based on the thread from last time I don't think we'll need to put a newspaper or anything, seeing as there's no prize and we would be doing it for our selves I don't think we would need to post proof of time or anything like that.
    Previously Kororizon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast