High Elves...mantic style. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

High Elves...mantic style.

well first i would like to say, that though i respect GW i never was a fan of thier H.E. but i always wanted to start an army.

When i saw Mantics i wasnt completly sold, but i knew that would likely be my starting point. Then i saw some painted, and they looked amazing, took a chance, bought them adnt hey look better in person, even better painted. Here is the story of my High Elves
    First unit.

shadow shot

lil better detail shot.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x3)

I've never really liked Mantic's elves. You did quite a good job here though, keep it up! One thing I'd point out anyways is that the shields look a bit flat. I think that maybe a symbol or rune on them could do well.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Consider me subscribed, I like Elves, any style really.

I like them, the read is very dominant though and I think that a rune or device on the shield would break them up a bit, just to make it look a bit less saturated.
    Cheers Allonairre

WIP Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LoreSeeker View Post
    I've never really liked Mantic's elves. You did quite a good job here though, keep it up! One thing I'd point out anyways is that the shields look a bit flat. I think that maybe a symbol or rune on them could do well.
    thanks much. The thing about the shields is that im kinda torn,
    1. i have thought about adding a rune but havent decided what color or symbol.
    and
    2. i still wanna keep this army presentable on the table while taking the least amount of time.

idk hehe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Allonairre View Post
    Consider me subscribed, I like Elves, any style really.

I like them, the read is very dominant though and I think that a rune or device on the shield would break them up a bit, just to make it look a bit less saturated.
    first off thank you by the way.
    The thing though about the red is that i wanted it to be that dominant. i did add gold to some of the amour plates to break it up a bit, true that gold sometimes gets lost in the red but trust me...you can tell in person

i wanted a kind of Roman feel to them and though i might or might not have succeded i still like them hehe.
    And as i said above i might add a rune, but it depends on how quick i can draw them on. I want to keep the army at a fast pase as far as painting and one more step would increase the paint time hehehe.

Consumate professional Sir Theobold the Lame's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    280 (x8)

Hi, sorry to come to this thread months after the last post...but if you are still working on the elves, I notice that Warlord games produce Roman legionary shields at 28mm that you can buy as seperate bitz...

Just an idea ;P
    PLAN CLAN MAN!!

He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man- S. Johnson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Theobold the Lame View Post
    Hi, sorry to come to this thread months after the last post...but if you are still working on the elves, I notice that Warlord games produce Roman legionary shields at 28mm that you can buy as seperate bitz...

Just an idea ;P
    haha

no problem coming to this thread after a few months. Yeah...i got a lil distracted with 40K and my Black Templars update.

I did work on some of my mantic stuff before, got my Standard bearer, and some of my archers and a bolt thrower finished before taking a break.

I think i will spam you guys with some pics haha.

And for the shields, damn, i wish i would have found out about them before i started my Elves...oh well, i still like mantics shields so no real big loss

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so yeah....because i have hobby A.D.D. i couldnt help take another look at my Mantic stuff....and have decided to totally re-do the scheme on them. Ive decided to go more of a "codex" scheme as i do like very much the colors they chose, and seeing as not too many people use mantic stuff yet, it will still be "different".

mind you these are VERY rough as i just wanted to see if the scheme could work. any suggestions would be welcome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

k..... im trying a slightly modified modified version of the red scheme, what do you guys think of silver instead of gold trim...?

+ Reply to Thread