Warpmasters and Friends Project Log - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x1)

Warpmasters and Friends Project Log

Sup fellow LO members welcome to my Project Log Thread

I've already painted a lot of stuff so I should be updating pretty quickly and be showing you lots of pictures from my space marine chapter and maybe some of my Nids... once they get their arms back on

Here are some scouts I'm working on, they have only been basecoated and layer and still need a lot of highlights

DSC02818.JPG
    DSC02817.JPG

the main portion of my army. If you want to see something up close let me know and I'll be glad to snap a few pics for you

DSC02822.jpg
    DSC02823.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x1)

So update! Here's a razorback I just finished modelling. Assault cannons for the win! (Going to make my sternguard an even bigger target

Made a little progress on the sniper scouts few highlights added

Trygon WIP

And some finished Scouts. Hopefully the snipers are going to look better! They are the second batch!

Enjoy!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x4)

nice looking colour scheme and skill...i`ll be watching
    Hight elf and Craftworld Eldar army project pics heavy: linky

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x1)

Third Update

Finished the inside of my razorback, nothing special, I played around with screens though.

Finished a sternguard first time I ever modelled an entire head of hair. His name is Sergeant Searchlight Jr. (His father was the first space marine sergeant I ever modelled). By the way the meltagun is someone held on with the old lots of greenstuff and super glue trick.

Did a little bit on the trygon gave the carapace the first highlight, I also did some work on those fluffy elctro mandibles. Once their done I think they are going to look hot

Did alittle more work on the scout's capes. One in the middle is done.

I'm helping my brother base his terminators. What do you think of them so far. My favorite is whack-a-ripper.

And here's the Warp Master version of Lysander. You can't be a captain without standing on something dead

If you want to see more of him I will probably post him in painting and on the space marine forum.

Enjoy! Comments are always welcome!
    Reese's Space Marine and Tyranid WIP Thread: Warp Masters and Friends

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x1)

Quick Update! Nothing new accomplished but here's my Wip Hive tyrant (he needs new arms after the codex update)

As you can see hive tyrant's paint job does not seem as "skilled" because he is an older model and I learned how to paint while painting my Tyranid army and still am!

I only started playing and painting Warhammer a year and a half ago and so far I think I'm doing pretty good!

Here are my Hive tyrant's three tyrant guard. From left to right; I think it gives a sense of how my painting skills have been improving over a period of time.

Here is the best looking tyrant guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

very nice, you only started a year or so ago, impressive improvemnts, ive been playing\painting for 3 years and i still can paint that good hahahaha.

I also have tyranids,I got a battleforce box from a friend about 6 months before the new codex, im glad I only assemble and paited those models and didnt get new ones yet. The orange on the nids looks really nice, i was considering doing it before since i use alot of orange on my orks.
    The bases for the termies are cool, it gave me some ideas coz ive got SO many tyranid bits from the box.
    keep up the good work

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    523 (x8)

Love your marines, the INSIDE of your Razorback is better than the outside of mine. Very nice terminator bases too. Thanks for showing them, Rep for you sir.
    Jager bombs. Very efficient at wiping out friend or foe.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x1)

So update! (finally) Scouts are almost done! Only one blue highlight and a metal highlight left!

They also need their bases to be completed. One of the cooler things I have done is washed chaos black into the gravel making it look like there is more of a shadow underneath them.

I finally finished those bases for my brother!

And now I'm starting work on basing up his dreadnaught.

I did a little more work on my Trygon mostly the head and the talons

If anyone could help me I need some advice. For the Trygons talons they have been built up to a highlight of sunburst Yellow glazed with Ball Red. Do you think they would look awesome if they were highlighted with another coat of sunburst yellow and then Skull white?

Finally this is my next big project. I play with Lysander and Vulkan in the same army. A lot of veteran players keep saying my lists are "cheeze" so one night lying in my bed I had a vision of Vulkan joined to Lysander command squad that contained...

Apothecary
    4 Veteran (two with flamers and storm shields, one with a flamer and the final veteran with flamer and thunder hammer)... and they thought it couldn't get worse

To represent how "cheeze" this unit is to be. I have begun giving the entire command squad mullets to show how they accept their "cheeziness"
    Here is the almost built apothecary and veteran with flamer. I liketo paint my models and parts and will probably be putting more trinkets on them!
    Last edited by Reeses; May 30th, 2010 at 21:12.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x1)

Trygon is finished

So here's my trygon, finally done! I wanted to have one tyranid model painted to the best of my abilities so here it is!!

Here are some more pictures of my Nids; one of my Carnifixes (the other two are getting a biomorph makeover) and some genestealers. These tyranid models were some of the first figures I've ever painted, so be gentle on the critique There's no way I'll never get my entire tyranid army looking like my trygon :p

Last edited by Reeses; July 14th, 2010 at 03:21.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80 (x1)

Scouts and Razor finished!

Scouts are finally done!

Same with the razorback!

Now here are Wip sternguard and a tactical marine with Multi-melta...

The last picture is two of my combi-flamers I just wanted to show everybody how I try to get the best bang for my buck. Two simple conversions giving me two combi-flamers made out of one flamer bit now that's how you do it

If anybody is wondering the command squad is modelled and primed and ready to be painted more pics coming... eventually

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast