Librarium Online Forums banner

Boraks Glorious Damnation

135K views 562 replies 67 participants last post by  rumek 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok So i've been slightly distracted from my Blood Angels by this silly new 8th Edition of Fantasy. Well, anyway, seeing as 8th is upon us and my old Marauder army needs refreshing and building up i've decided to make a thread about it. Some of these are done, some are being repainted and some are still grey plastic........so here we are.

This is the 3000pts all ranked up. as you can see the new Editions are in their Birthday suit of Grey.

K'tor, the thrice Bloodied. Lord of Chaos. Old paint job but he's still alright I think.

Brakka, Herald of Vengeance. Battle Standard Bearer. A nice shiney new addition.

Some Chosen Types. New Additions. Think I'll paint these Brass with Silver trim. these are converted from Warrior Legs and Chaos Knight bodies.

A Marauder, Nothing Special. Needs a bit of touching up and, well, finishing really.

Horsemen. Two of these units to do. New additons and only just built!!

The Warshrine. Quite happy with this. He did apear on the Forum a long, long time ago.

What can I say? Captain America actually works for Chaos.

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
What a fantastic model - I love all of those conversions, and it's certainly something that I now want to give a try. I've just ordered some Marauders, despite thinking the models themselves are a bit nyeh, but your ones looks great!

How did you make your standard bearer, if I may ask?

EDIT: I've given you +Rep for such an inspiring army (pun intended) of conversions! Thank you!

#10 ·
JIM: Nah just a Goth, and he'll still kick your ass.

Wayne: Cheers mate. hope you stay tuned!

Monster: The standard bearer was pretty simple really. Chaos Warrior legs. The top half is off the new chaos Knights. The banner top is off the Chaos Defiler.

Right a small update for you, no pics though sadly (yet) I've swapped all the old Chaos Steeds for new ones so those chariots are pulled by THREE of the new Chaos Knight Steeds. They look slightly large now. Infact the Marauders crewing the chariots look positively tiny.
I've also finished green stuffing all the chosen so I can spray those and get painting!!!

I'll take some pics of the Chariots as soon as.

#14 · (Edited)
Kuffy: cheers mate.

Monster: They come with the Marauder box so no conversions done. Although I've used quite a few boxed sets to get all my Marauders armoured up!

Right, some very, VERY, Work In Progress shots of my Chariot. I'm going to repsray the whole thing as the paint job is over 7 years old. I'm also going to spruce the base up with Skelly bits, old shields and some more slate.

#16 ·
Just some quick work on a new Exalted Champion. Skin is done but the metal is just a base coat and wash.

Think the pose is alright? I wasn't sure about the head looking in that direction but I see him as pointing at a foe and ordering/shouting orders at his fellow Marauders to go smack it one.

#20 ·
Jim: I'll leave the strangelling someone to you........

Praxis: lol cheers mate. They're not that great, not when you get close up anyway. Thanks anyway and i'll hold you to that Rep ;)

Kuffy: Aye the Light didn't help the skin tone. It's a mix of Dwarf Flesh and Bestial Brown so it's more brown than orange. Hopefully this new pic will be a bit more real like.

Note: His beard isn't that yellow. The lighting is doing something weird. It's actually highlighted up to Bleach bone.

Right he's done, well alright I still need to do some more snow on the base and neaten the edging up, now I can move onto the chariot o'doom. Should be fun. I havent painted a Chariot in many a year!!!

#21 ·
Well..........I guess none of you liked the Chaos Champion then :p

Here's the W.I.P Chariot. I've just sanded the base. It will be dark grey with snow and blood splatters here and there. There's also a few skulls and bits lurking in the sand.

I've done the wood and the metal. The Brass still needs to be highlighted.

#23 ·
I might just take anoter pic of that Champion as the lighting did something odd to his hair. It's up to Bleached bone so it's alot paler than the pic shows. If I changed it what colour should I do? Orange? Brown? Grey?

Finsihed doing the Green stuff on all my Chosen this morning. Have at you!!

#26 ·
This all looks fantastic. It's looking like an excellent army. The Chosen look awesome, and that chariot looks massive.

Is your Chaos Lord made from the Archaon mounted and on foot models? You might have already said, but I haven't seen it mentioned.

#27 ·
Cheers guys! Glad someone’s reading this anyway (other than you Jim that is ;))

Praxis: Firstly thank you very much for the rep matey. If you have any ideas mate just let me know. I’ll be re-doing a lot of this army and need some funky ideas.

Andrew: Aye the chariot is rather ‘big’ I put it next to the old one just for a size comparison and it dwarfs it. Maybe I’ll take a photo just for giggles when the first one’s done. The Lord is indeed Archaon. The Legs are off the Games Day one but the Torso is off the Mounted one (his cloak is cooler) Now I look at this though the paint job is fairly mediocre and I really don’t like the legs. So I might scratch build some new legs for him, strip him and start again!

#28 · (Edited)
Here's some of my WIP Warriors with halberds. I'll be doing 14 of them, just waiting for my bitz order to arrive.
I just snapped them off for inspiration.
Don't wanna hijack your thread.
They're not that hard to do, but will kill your bitzbox. You need the champion back, the champions outstretched hand with sword or axe and a Chaos Knights Lance. Then you just go to work with the scalpel and the clippers and will have a chore to fit them into a good angle. Good luck if you give it a try.

Compare these to Empire halberdiers. These look just brutal in comparison.
Only thing though is they have one gauntleted hand and one gloved, so I guess they'll pose as Chosen too.

By the way, have some Rep for a great thread.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.